random events

plasmacannon

Emperor
Is there a list of the random events and their meaning somewhere?

I got this one about a werewolf attacking men and no matter what I choose nothing seems to happen. I am curious to know if there is an answer that means something for each game or effect whether one is good, neutral or evil.

A gander at the others might be helpful as well.
I saw no mention of these in the manual v1.

Is there a list of the random events and their meaning somewhere?

I got this one about a werewolf attacking men and no matter what I choose nothing seems to happen. I am curious to know if there is an answer that means something for each game or effect whether one is good, neutral or evil.
There is no effect. I guess it's just for you to think about it.
A gander at the others might be helpful as well.
I saw no mention of these in the manual v1.

I have a utility to generate an event list of my events enhanced modcomp; I just used it to make one for MNAI (which afaik doesn't change any events compared to vanilla FfH), found here. The events info file in MNAI has a lot of "unnecessary" tags, so you will encounter many things like "Required Bonus: NONE". Also the functionality done in python is of course not documented in MNAI.
The list for my mod is better (since I made the utility for it) and some python functions are documented, but I changed some events and added new ones from several mods. You can find it here.

And of course no warranty for correctness.

Oh. I thought because I played a certain alignment that game, that I should be choosing the answer that most applied.
I wasn't sure if I chose the other if it would make my alignment shift away from what it was.
Such as playing an evil leader and maybe shifting to neutral because I answered more good or neutrally than expected for that leader.

I found it listed in there. You're right. It doesn't show a result regardless of the decision. That seems a bit of a let down. I already turn Orthus off now. In the 1st game he appeared I beat him, but the 2nd he captured my city. That's too much of an early game changer for me.

Werewolf Morality Good

Message: A werewolf attacks your palace. Five men rush through the portcullis but a sixth lags behind. If we close the portcullis we will save the five, but the slow man will be killed. If we do nothing the werewolf will ignore the slow man and kill the five in the yard. What should we do?

Trigger:
•Weight: 100

Conditions:

Picks another player
•Must have the tech NONE.
•Must share border at 0 land plots.
•Must have the picked state religion.
•Must not have the picked state religion.

Events to choose from:
•EVENT_WEREWOLF_MORALITY_GOOD_1 •"Drop the portcullis, it is better that one should die than five."
•Required Bonus: NONE
•Required Religion: NONE

•EVENT_WEREWOLF_MORALITY_GOOD_2 •"Leave the gate open, I will not take an action that kills a man no matter if my inaction dooms five others."

Werewolf Morality Bad

Message: A werewolf attacks your palace. Five men are being chased by the werewolf but do not have time to reach the portcullis and the safety of the inner yard, they will be killed unless something is done. You realize that if you were to push a man from the palace walls into the werewolf's path it would distract the beast and give the five time to escape though it would mean the death of the single man. What should we do?

Trigger:
•Weight: 100

Conditions:

Picks another player
•Must have the tech NONE.
•Must share border at 0 land plots.
•Must have the picked state religion.
•Must not have the picked state religion.

Events to choose from:
•EVENT_WEREWOLF_MORALITY_BAD_1 •"Push the man into the werewolf's path, it is better that one should die than five."

•EVENT_WEREWOLF_MORALITY_BAD_2 •"Do nothing, I will not take an action that kills a man no matter if my inaction dooms five others."

You can change event frequency in the XML. Just go to ...\Assets\XML\Events\Civ4EventTriggerInfos and find the event(s) you want to change. They're usually pretty easy to find - for this one in particular, e.g. "Werewolf Morality Good" (there might be more than one -- "Werewolf Morality Evil"?).

Just change <ipercentgamesactive> to "0" and the event will not appear in your game any more. I do this for many of the events that don't really do anything, like the werewolf or the events that tell certain unique features exist.

edit: I see that you found the Good and Bad morality events.

I think I'll leave it in for now. I guess it doesn't harm anything.
It's like when I play an agnostic empire and those religious occurances happen. All I can do is hit the "It means nothing" option.

You can change event frequency in the XML. Just go to ...\Assets\XML\Events\Civ4EventTriggerInfos and find the event(s) you want to change. They're usually pretty easy to find - for this one in particular, e.g. "Werewolf Morality Good" (there might be more than one -- "Werewolf Morality Evil"?).

Just change <ipercentgamesactive> to "0" and the event will not appear in your game any more. I do this for many of the events that don't really do anything, like the werewolf or the events that tell certain unique features exist.

edit: I see that you found the Good and Bad morality events.

Interesting, can I change frequency of events ?

from <iWeight>, right?

Top Bottom