Reasoning behind certain tech costs?

Ominous Destiny

Chieftain
Reasoning behind certain tech costs?

Would anyone happen to know why certain techs cost as much as they do? If one were to look closely at each individual tech cost as a whole, there is a definite pattern associated with its tier
T1 = 80
T2 = 160
T3 = 320
T4 = 640

But some technologies clearly don't follow this established pattern. A few examples:

Crafting, a Tier 1 Technology, costs 120

Animal Husbandry, a Tier 2 Technology, costs 180

Hunting, somewhere between 2 and 3 (??), costs 460?

Festivals costs 180 and its requisite technology, Calendar, costs 160. Basically these two technologies are the same tier, but one is required by the other. Drama costs 600. In this example, it seems that Festivals should cost approximately 320… not 180.

Are these abnormalities features or bugs?

I'm thinking bugs because tech costs are such a minor issue and I imagine that the team had more important things to work on?

The initial techs once went though a process of redesign. I think that the increase of some tech costs is the result of the redesign attempting to have the same pace, while purging some techs.

tech cost is balanced by tier AND by the amount/quality of what the tech allows..
hunting allows much.. so it is priced much
(camp?, access to hunter / T2 unit, access to FoL ...)
as much as Mining (mine/RoK) + bronze working (you get the tier II unit ; not the bronze weapons but those are a sub part of axes/swords that the 2mvt of the hunter is supposed to compensate).

/tchuss

That makes good sense. When was the last time the tech costs were revised? I've always felt that hunting was overpriced and festivals was much under priced... but its hard to make those judgments because we all have our own play styles.

Top Bottom