pre-DominatrNES III

dominatr

Smoke Jaguar
pre-DominatrNES III

After a long and relaxing hiatus from the NESing world, I have decided to return.
I am currently on vacation and i have been reading through threads and looking at my past NESes and planning a third installment of DominatrNES.

For those of you that are veterans of the series, this installment will function much like the previous ones. This will be a stat-based, quick paced NES beginning right before the bronze age. I plan to update very frequently, orders will be relatively simple, and stories will be encouraged and rewarded. The NES will take place on a fictional map.

What are the differences between this one and my past NESes? Well, first off, this will be more of a cradle NES, meaning that not all of the map will be revealed initially, just a "cradle" where most of the action happens. Another change will be that there will be more maps: a resource map to outline where different goods come from, a religion map to show the influence of different beliefs, a city map to show the names of the cities of the land, a climate map to enhance the setting, and possibly more. Also, for this installment, players and NPCs will bear no resemblance to known cultures. The linear technology progression will remain in place, but players will be able to trade technologies with one another and with NPCs as well.

Before I post the cradle and allow for claims, I have a question:

What is the preferred style of the cradle?

(a) A cradle that is situated in the center of the map, and is smaller, and very player-dense. NPCs could be located outside the radius of the cradle, in the unknown lands.

(b) A cradle that is also in the center, but much larger, peppered with recently established NPCs. Essentially this means the player will be a bit behind technologically, but there will be increased NPC-Player interaction at the start.

(c) An isolated cradle on the corner of the map. Previously established NPCs would be located on another continent, and may potentially be far more advanced than the players. I think this situation could be neat because later on in the NES, there would ultimately be a "discovery" and the two groups of civilizations would make contact and fight/try to colonize one another's lands.

Please let me know what scenario you prefer by specifying the letter.
Feel free to fire any other questions at me, more to come soon.

EDIT: Maps are here

Climate Map:

(Yellow-Green color is savannah. Tan is Semi Arid. Orange is Arid.)

Blank Map:

Please put your claim on the Blank Map, not the Climate Map. Mark the claim with a colored dot.

I'd like option C, assuming by previously established NPCs are the ones from dominatrNES II. I'd like to see how Phoces ended up. ;)

If not, option A seems like the best to me. While increased NPC interaction at the start could be interesting, a GM simply can't simulate the treachery, duplicity, and statecraft of every nation as well as individual players playing those nations could.

I'd like option C, assuming by previously established NPCs are the ones from dominatrNES II. I'd like to see how Phoces ended up. ;)

If not, option A seems like the best to me. While increased NPC interaction at the start could be interesting, a GM simply can't simulate the treachery, duplicity, and statecraft of every nation as well as individual players playing those nations could.

The map won't be the same, but i went the route of option C, i would definitely work in the civilizations from the first DominatrNES, that would be pretty neat. :D

I think what he means is that we will not be in the central location. Somewhat like Australia on a world map from the West.

Well if that so then I option C since god DominatrNESI had many civilizations and it would be cool to be like japan/NA and SA in the past who had no contact with the rest of the word until way later.

I prefer option C.

Realizing I did not pick an option yet, I choose option C.

Top Bottom