DominatrNES: Infinite Struggle

Since this week is the week of thanksgiving, i have decided to hold a promotional event for the NES. I think it would be cool if we gain some new players, so as i have before, i am going to ask you to recruit your friends to join the NES!

The rewards are as follows (every person gets the reward when the number is reached, rewards do not stack with one another)

-1 New Recruit- 10 Gold
-2 New Recruits- 20 Gold, 1 Technology Point
-3 New Recruits- 35 Gold, 1 Population Point, 2 Technology Points
-4 New Recruits- 50 Gold, 2 Population Points, 1 GPT Point, 4 Technology Points
-5 New Recruits or More- 60 gold, 2 Population Points, 1 GPT Point, 1 Culture Point, 1 Military Point, 5 Technology Points

This can provide a huge boost to all of you for the next chapter. The deadline is Thursday, 10PM EST. :)

older kingdoms that have been here since inception should get something as well .... :p

To: Gada Kot

Considering your traditions, we would like to trade with you.

To: Onih, Mimmo

We request trade with you. We do not want war like with Jiji, only peace.

In the 90 years since Kodinani last attempted to expand and was blocked by the Feraldas the religion had begun to evolve and had created a new tradition that unknowingly solved the problems that the restrictions had brought upon them.

It began when Jono'ke, a Mbaragam born convert to Kodinani began to preach his faith to the conquered Igiruli. While attempting to make them see the true faith that was Kodinani he looked for a way to make them understand that the gods that they had been praying to were simply manifestations of Ani-Chukwu. Then one day he was struck with inspiration as he saw one of their customs of singing praises to their gods.

He entered a new city and began to sing loudly of prayers to both Ani-Chukwu and the gods of the Igiruli. Jono'ke was singularly possessed with a very compelling voice and the Igiruli began to take interest in how he sung praises to both pantheons of gods. He then explained how their gods were one and the same as Ani-Chukwu and if singing their prayers helped them stave off famine and ensure their health before then they shouldn't stop even if they believed in Ani-Chukwu. As the Igiruli became more integrated in the Amu Darian culture their songs spread and became part of Kodinani, now called hymns and widely sung during prayer.

Now the merchants that traveled down the river to trade with the other nations rough their hymns with them. And since the hymns were prayer and could not be restricted by the anti-missionary regulations the merchants would sing loudly when together for prayer. Within the hymns were prayers to Ani-Chukwu and his many manifestations as well as the hymns that recited Kodinani principles and scripture. Suddenly the merchants and missionaries were allowed a way to teach their religion to others that wasn't restricted by laws, and the curious people began to approach them to hear more of their hymns and eventually began to sing the hymns with them. With every new convert the songs grew louder and more began to hear the hymns that recited the Kodinani way and those that were curious began to learn more and eventually converted. Meanwhile there was nothing the rulers could do without kicking the merchants out of their cities and thus close all access to the goods of the foreigners.

Don't worry, It's my policy to stay away from people that have over 10 military points than my nation.

For those who have not heard yet, Dominatr got bored with this NES so he started up a new one on an earth like-map. It runs on pretty much the same mechanics but starts in the bronze age and techs up faster, you also have 200 nations to choose from.

Link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=481459

Hello everyone that is subscribed to this thread and player my NES in the past, I will be running a similar NES in the near future (a few weeks from now) and i just wanted to invite you to keep an eye out for the thread.

It will be a cradle fresh start and only a few bits of the map will be revealed at the beginning. It will have a similar stat system as my last 2 NESes. Hope to see you there and feel free to post or PM me questions, even though it is early in development.

Oh and the idea for this NES will be to create original civilizations

In my previous NESes it was pretty obvious to what existing culture group the empires belonged to.
For example Alexaendros was obviously Greek-esque and Gilguron was clearly a mock Babylon.
I want to avoid that type of thing this time and have something really unique, so get your creative gears turning!

Top Bottom