Pre-StockNES

United states.

Everyone's claims are updated. If I missed you, please say so in the thread. I'll wait until tonight for any further claims, and then announce the next step.

So, in this timeline, what is going on with the rest of Canada? Just curious since most of the resources of Canada(the top 5 world leading areas) are in unoccupied areas. For example, Oil, Potash, Uranium, etc.

You don't know (the reason why you don't know I'll elaborate in update 0). You'll have to visit there to find out what happened to the resources and people.

How badly are things deindustrialized? Are energy-based economies still viable? Is there petroleum? Is there coal? Is their nuclear? Is most of the damages to society conflict based?

I'm curious about what happened to Saskatchewan in your timeline. It better show that it grew exponentially, since that is what's happening right now.(as in 200 000 size cities projected to be 1 million in 10 years by current growth rates which are only increasing)
Regardless, everything I would have been able to play effectively without overkill research into local culture, landmarks, etc. is taken

Claiming California, the New Bearflag Empire Republic will rise!

@Immaculate: I'm making a laundry list of such things that will be explained in update 0; short answer is yes, a good amount of petrol/coal is still around, most of the societal damage was conflict based.

@Gem Hound: I can tell you right now that you shouldn't have to do that much research to be able to play - this is a modern fresh start of sorts, so everything that happened before the collapse isn't particularly important, the BTs will determine what hostilities, ideologies and so forth will be crucial to the world politics of the full NES.

Only 5 nations remain (I'm pleasantly surprised by the high turnout), so grab em before I eat dinner tonight:
Venezuela, Hungary, South Germany, Swahililand and Pakistan

J.K, Ophorian, Based on the fact that Canada is Monarchist Leaning and England Republic leaning, do either of you mind if, at some point, the Royal Family fled England and settled in Ottawa permanently?

I wouldn't mind, but I'll leave that up to Stockholme.

edit; removed and reposted in a complete form after the update.

Taking South Germany, now the Free State of Bavaria.

From Russia
To World

As the rightful sucessor to Russia, we proclaim that the former Soviet Union must be reunited as a new Russian state. However, as a collolary to this we promise not to expand one foot outside the Soviet borders.

With the exception of the very Russian Far Eastern Republic, any state which proclaism sovereignty within the borders of the former Soviet Union will be considered to have declared war on Russia.

From Russia
To Far Eastern Republic

Though our states differ, we are both Russian. How about a Union agreement of some sort? We are willing to compromise to a degree on questions of ideology, including re-introducing democracy.

We should note, however, that Russia is one and undivided. If you refuse, war is only a matter of time.

Everyone's claims are updated. If I missed you, please say so in the thread. I'll wait until tonight for any further claims, and then announce the next step.

From Russia
To World

As the rightful sucessor to Russia, we proclaim that the former Soviet Union must be reunited as a new Russian state. However, as a collolary to this we promise not to expand one foot outside the Soviet borders.

With the exception of the very Russian Far Eastern Republic, any state which proclaism sovereignty within the borders of the former Soviet Union will be considered to have declared war on Russia.

From Russia
To Far Eastern Republic

Though our states differ, we are both Russian. How about a Union agreement of some sort? We are willing to compromise to a degree on questions of ideology, including re-introducing democracy.

We should note, however, that Russia is one and undivided. If you refuse, war is only a matter of time.

Under the current circumstances, I'm under the impression that we're not doing diplomacy yet.

Goodness people are eager! I wouldn't recommend writing orders or doing diplomacy until at least tomorrow, because details of this world's history will be revealed in an Update 0 ETA tomorrow morning.

J.K, Ophorian, Based on the fact that Canada is Monarchist Leaning and England Republic leaning, do either of you mind if, at some point, the Royal Family fled England and settled in Ottawa permanently?

That was the plan, to be canonized in Update 0.

@Neverwonagame3: Ophorian is correct, wait at least until tomorrow morning.

Venezuela for moi

That leaves me with Hungary if I am correct.

Top Bottom