Pre-StockNES

Propaganda Machine: The glories of the Ottoman and Byzantine empires of old are emphasized, as well as the fact that they are being rebuilt by Turkey. The recapture of Istanbul was greatly emphasized as the beginnings of a glorious new empire. There was much pomp and celebration as the first Turkish procession into the city went to the Hagia Sophia, which was still standing in perfect condition despite the decades of abandonment. Afterwards, the movement of the government into Topkapi Palace and Dolmabache Palace were also greatly exaggerated as signs of the empire's glory and reconquest.

From Sweden
To Russia

You'll be wanting East Germany as well, we take it?

From Bavaria
To England, Padania, Hungary

We wish to re-establish ties to universities in your nations, so we can begin to build a pan-European scientific community.

To: Bavaria

An intellectual exchange between our two nations would be appreciated and valued as a step towards lasting friendship. The universities and institutes of higher learning in England are willing to host Bavarian academics and scholars, and we hope that our scientists would have equal opportunities in your esteemed universities.

On another note, we would like to formally request rights for English merchants and traders to purchase and sell goods in your markets. Trade is beneficial to all participants.

OOC: BTW Masada, I know perfectly well it's utter bull that the Soviet Union is the whole of the Russian people. But given I'm playing a nationalistic side it makes a nice pretext...

From Russia
To Bavaria

Then perhaps you can help us reestablish an educated populace in our urban centres? Although we disagree with Bavaria on some ideological points, we accept that they are better than us in this respect.

From Russia
To Sweden

No- we only wish to reach the nominal borders of the Soviet Union, not the informal empire the Soviets established. This is because the nominal borders of the Soviet Union represent the Russian people.

As we have said, although we are likely to be enemies in the future this need not be the case for the moment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Orders:

Economic Policies:
-1 point in Consumer Goods

i- Democracy:
The new strategy will be to balance out the economy. Our policy will be based around trying to restore the importance of elections amongst other things. Whenever the Populists are in power, they focus government resourcse on ensuring the prosperity of the countryside. Whenever their rivals are in power, they emphasise the cities. Elections will be completely fair and un-rigged. In something of a "gentleman's agreement", however, neither side tears down what the other has already created- if they did, the Church would veto it.

Rural and urban elites will probably try to interfere with the elections. Criminal sanctions will be used against those who use methods considered unfair in democracies (threats etc), but attempting to influence them will be considered fair game.

It is worth noting that as a matter matter of Russian law, any lands occupied by non-Russians in the former Soviet Union are either "in rebellion" or "under foreign occupation" depending on who rules them. This means that residents of those areas can migrate to our regions and automatically be recognised as Russian. It also means that Parliament has several empty seats representing those regions.

Finally, as a side-policy to the elections complete freedom of speech and of the press will be granted, along with freedom of association rights. The Constitution will be amended to ensure their existence. The only mitigation is that the Church's propaganda machine will argue against anybody who contradicts their posistion, and have government funding to back them up.

ii- Other:
Civil servants will head to technocratic countries, even without their government's cooperation, and attempt to learn about how they do things (we can probably scrape together an old airplane or something). The civil service will then be reformed as much as possible, as well as the urban education system, along technocratic lines.

Military Policies:
-2 points in Emphasise Army

Given the expansion of other powers in the region, first priority is changed to expansion westward. We still refuse to recognise the Caucasaus as independent in theory, but in practice leave them be. Our objective is to get back the old Soviet borders, however we will tolerate Sweden in the Baltic region plus Hungary making minor moves.

If secondary expansion is possible, we use it to try and restore contact with the Far Eastern Republic, as before.

Propaganda:
The state reforms stage by stage along Dobyrnin's lines, through a series of constitutional amendments. The nation's image is aimed for internal consumption- an Orthodox Christian nation which champions the faith as it did in the past, once fallen to Communism but now back to it's old values and striving to build a glorious Novaya Russia.

To this end, the Church will send out missionaries to try and convert the non-Orthodox Christians within the state's borders. Within those areas that are Orthodox Christian, the emphasis will be that being a Christian means more than simply calling yourself one. The Church, as well as the government, will be constantly trying to increase the level of religiousity in the populace (with the exception that the Populists don't want to do this but the Church still will).

In response to the claim of Russian genocide, the Russian state will argue that earlier reigmes were mistaken in their policies, and that all the peoples of the former Soviet Union ARE Russians and will be treated as such. It will also be pointed out that they will have a vote under Russia, and not under Sweden.

There ain't no Russians left in the Baltic.

OOC: Is that IC or OOC? OOC, I know perfectly well it's bull.

In case people are waiting on NPC diplomacy, just to repeat, NPCs don't do diplomacy in the pre-NES. If you send any messages, I'll read it and the NPCs might work around what you've decided to do, but no promises.

IC.

In other words, go to hell.

Economic Policies
1 Points - Industrial Goods - heavy industry suitable to crank out tanks, portable phosphate plants (for fertilizer and explosives) and merchant ships to carry both to the much more fertile Baltic and Denmark.

Military Policies
1 Point - Emphasize Army - tanks, and lots of them.
1 Point - Emphasize Air Force - a nice mix of up-market interceptors to knock the Russian air-force out of the sky and lots of lower tech close air support to kill the supporting ground forces.

Settlement and Expansion
- Acquire Denmark.
- Acquire the remainder of the Baltic States and East Prussia using Russia's promised genocide as a rationale for them joining us. (Also we have tanks).
- We'll also sponsor buffer states like Finland, Belarus and Poland where we can.

Masada, noting that I've edited my orders slightly in response to yours. According to our G.M, "edit wars" of change and counter-change until the update are fair game.

North China for me

Noted nuke, the current roster of available nations has been reduced to:

Chile, Prairies, Sao Paulo, Venezuela, Czechia, North Germany, Algeria, the Arab Sultanates, Ethiopia, Nigeria, North Iran, South Iran, Tanzania, Indonesia and Swahililand.

@J.K. Stockholme So, if I requested to play a nation that is not on your list of playable nations(it exists on your map), that I would be extremely familiar with, moreso than any other area in the world(I live in the area) would that possibly be an exception for your rule? Or are there no exceptions at all?

To: Bavaria

An intellectual exchange between our two nations would be appreciated and valued as a step towards lasting friendship. The universities and institutes of higher learning in England are willing to host Bavarian academics and scholars, and we hope that our scientists would have equal opportunities in your esteemed universities.

On another note, we would like to formally request rights for English merchants and traders to purchase and sell goods in your markets. Trade is beneficial to all participants.

Free Trade improves overall utility and increases market efficiency. We accept.

@J.K. Stockholme So, if I requested to play a nation that is not on your list of playable nations(it exists on your map), that I would be extremely familiar with, moreso than any other area in the world(I live in the area) would that possibly be an exception for your rule? Or are there no exceptions at all?

For what it's worth, I recommend accepting.

Free Trade improves overall utility and increases market efficiency. We accept.

Intellectual and commercial exchange between our two nations is the beginning of what looks to be a long-lasting friendship between England and Bavaria. We thank you for your generosity.

In order for scientific thought to flourish within any universities established, faculty and students should be subject to academic law before secular authority. The same rules would apply to the conduct of fellows in the Lega as if they were in Munich or Stockholm, so that they are able to further their studies without fear of secular intervention, particularly in terms of restrictions on assembly or association.

Evidently our translators were in error; we wholeheartedly agree that scientific and economic cooperation would be most profitable for both of our governments.

Top Bottom