1492: Onwards to Glory (Sign Ups and OOC Discussion)

Don't want to face the Mughals? I see how it is :(

If you want, sure :) You may also switch back if you'd prefer it's all good to me though to be fair you'll have Masada in Malacca at least :)

(Vijayanagar never actually fought the Mughals :p)
Yeah, I'll switch to the PLC. Maybe I'll switch back later if something changes.

I would like to join as Ayutthaya.

The monarch should be Ramathibodi II. As for advisers, I tried to find in Wiki and other websites, but found none.

Welcome aboard :)

Wait, so 1492's done and over with, we're submitting orders for 1493. The Peace of Etaples was signed in November 1492, so Perkin Warbeck (he ain't no Richard of Shrewsbury) was expelled from France. By 1493, he should be on the way, or in Burgundy.

I'm a little unclear on initiative points; is the number (or lack thereof) of IP listed in stats a banked amount? My understanding is that since my ruler (Naples) has 7 power per the stats I should have five IP for actions, but my stats have no number in that section.

Wait, so 1492's done and over with, we're submitting orders for 1493. The Peace of Etaples was signed in November 1492, so Perkin Warbeck (he ain't no Richard of Shrewsbury) was expelled from France. By 1493, he should be on the way, or in Burgundy.

1492 happened mostly as history did, minus the external wars and treaties between nations. The exception to this is the reconquest of Granada, as the truce between them and Spain ended on January 2nd.

@orangelex, you cannot bank your IP, it is reset every turn in accordance to your power. That omission was my mistake and it has been remedied.

Wait, so 1492's done and over with, we're submitting orders for 1493.

I am a bit confused. We submit orders for 1493? And if yes, where are the stats?

Quick stats error thing: Austria's Heir's should read:

Heir: Maximilian (b. 1459), Philip (b. 1478) [son of Maximilian], Kunigunde* (b. 1465), Margaret (b. 1480) [daughter of Maximilian]

Kunigunde was married at this point (specifically to Albert IV, Duke of Bavaria, who is currently played by Pole475).

also Phillip was there twice.

My king Ferdinand I of Naples has an unlisted unmarried daughter, Joanna (b. 1478) (historical marriage in 1496).

Are dynasty connections considered alliances? The main thread doesn't list Naples and Spain as allies despite our mutual dynasty and marriage connections (I think that my heir is married to his Spanish cousin or something, or maybe it's my grandson, whatever). My daughter Beatrice is also currently married to the King of Hungary and Bohemia (the second KoHaB she married, actually).

One last point, the Neopolitan kings are still maintaining the Brienne claim to the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Not that they ever were in a position to sincerely consider acting on said claim before it passed to the Vasas via the Sforza, but it does exist.

My king Ferdinand I of Naples has an unlisted unmarried daughter, Joanna (b. 1478) (historical marriage in 1496).

i was going to join until i saw this.

the lack of attention to historical detail in this nes astounds and troubles me. how is it acceptable in this day and age of nesing to be so lax in verisimilitude? what a disgrace. makes one wish we were back in the days of das neses.

i was going to join until i saw this.

the lack of attention to historical detail in this nes astounds and troubles me. how is it acceptable in this day and age of nesing to be so lax in verisimilitude? what a disgrace. makes one wish we were back in the days of das neses.

*waves stick at Crezth*

@orangelex, no. While royal marriages can accompany an alliance, or can help solidify it, a marriage does not guarantee an alliance. Furthermore, though an initial marrying can start an alliance, it can very easily be changed. Take for example, Henry VIII initially allying with France against his wife's nephew. Alliances can and will constantly change, and there's no huge penalty for ending an alliance (though dishonoring one is another matter completely). Probably the most "guaranteed" of alliances is when you share dynasties (such as Naples and Spain), but even that may not necessarily be a guarantee, as they may very well see your throne as rightfully theirs.

@bonefang, certainly. Off the top of my head, Savoy is a pretty cool open nation in Europe, the Aztecs can be pretty exciting soon, and the Indian subcontinent is wide open (literally, there's no one playing there).

@Crezth, the lack of attention to your punctuation is astounding. Copycats are never funny anyhow :(

I must be in a masochistic mood, because if you'll have me, I'd like to have the Aztecs. Failing that, Gujarat, Bengal, and Delhi, in that order will be alright.

how do we get more initiative points? and can we do one more action than defined by our initiative with some penalty?

Immaculate the more powerful you are in your nation, the more initiative points you have. You cannot spend IP that you don't have

The Inca offer a marriage alliance to the Kingdom of France.

By the way looking at the history of the Mamluk I dont really see them having a standerd rules of succession by hereditary so do I still have to worry about marriage except for alliance of course? Also checking on the guy himself he does have two Advisors and their names are Yashbak min Mahdi his executive secretary and Azbak min Tutkh his field marshal for the entire Mamluk army

Top Bottom