DominatrNES III: Order out of Chaos

I was wondering, would you be allowed to spend more than 10 points on a single stat? like would spending all 20 points on one stat just guarantee it to increase by 2?

Heads up to all: Thanks for joining. Completed submissions deadline is Sunday July 20 at 11 AM. This is not a soft deadline. If you miss the deadline or your submission is not completed properly, that is fine, you can join next turn, not a big deal at all.

I'm sorry for the small post, I'm not at home at the moment but had an idea and wanted to reserve my spot. Since I'm on mobile and can't edit the map, I ask that the mouth of the small river that flows southwest be reserved for my civilization.

Sounds good, try to get a submission in by Sunday morning, or next turn if you can't make it.

I was wondering, would you be allowed to spend more than 10 points on a single stat? like would spending all 20 points on one stat just guarantee it to increase by 2?

Absolutely. This is a 100% chance at an increase by 1 if 10 points are invested in one stat. There is a 100% chance at an increase by 2 is 20 points are invested in one stat. It may also be wise to spread out your points, however, To get multiple stats to go up simultaneously.

I have not been before in any of your games ( seeing from the title that this is the third one) so is it possible if random events will increase or decrease our stats?

I have not been before in any of your games ( seeing from the title that this is the third one) so is it possible if random events will increase or decrease our stats?

Yes. For example if there is a crop failure in a particular region, each civilization in that area may lose a point or two in population. Or perhaps if a civilization gains control of a luxury, say, Silk, their GPT can increase in relation to how good their road system is.

Stats can also fluctuate as a result of stories. For example, if you post a well written story about your civilization's religion, your culture may go up if i deem it exceptional.

One question about the tech advancement between our cradle and the central cradle where the NPC's will be. Would we be able to keep pace with them if we were to increase tech level at at least 1pt a turn? I presume that wars and peacetime may play a big role in the development of these levels, but assume an average for each cradle.

One question about the tech advancement between our cradle and the central cradle where the NPC's will be. Would we be able to keep pace with them if we were to increase tech level at at least 1pt a turn? I presume that wars and peacetime may play a big role in the development of these levels, but assume an average for each cradle.

No. The central cradle began almost 250 Years before your cradle and also, in the central cradle, Elite NPCs tend to trade amongst themselves to catch one another up, therefore taking on a blistering pace.

But it's a good idea to try to keep up, as futile as it may be. When the day comes when you meet up with the other continents, it is better not to be 20 or 30 techs out, because the price to buy your way up will be colossal.

Nation’s name: Ishkant (Ishi - Adj)
Capital City: Skan
Leader: Goth(Lord) Urlgan
City List: Coombe, Pinnella Pass, Foolshope, Katinhanta, Quennor, Aldereter,Marmer, Shepham, Clacton, Kald,
Person names:
Societal Structure: The Ishi were formed as an amalgamation of several clans that have roamed the lands, for centuries, foraging and hunting for food. Outsiders, who aren't recognized as an Ishi, are known to be challenged and asked to surrender. Once vanquished, they are sometimes, taken in as slaves, though, mostly, their skulls are scraped off and made drinking goblets.

Recently however, under the leadership of Goth Urlgan, a reformed society has been noticed: the army (Ushtar), the crafters (Vintar), the peasants (Gnotar) and Slaves (Snaga). Hierarchical rung of society primarily depends on whether the Ishi is able to fight or not. If they can fight, they belong to the army.
The Vintars are a class of Ishi that creates some of the some the most wondrous items, from Jewelled Goblins, to blades that cuts through bones as if it were butter. Due to the respect the general populace has on these men, vintars are often called with the title -hai after their names. The smith at the Ishkanth, Rorun, is called as Rorunhai.
The peasants mostly compromise of the young, the old and the females.
Slaves, Snaga, are often captured enemies and their off springs.

Religious Beliefs: The Ishi are primarily monotheistic, their primary God being Torth. Celebrations to Torth, often happen in the early spring, accompanied by drinking, dancing and sacrifices. Only the soldiers, present or retired, are allowed to call Torth by his name. Unworthy ones, simply refer to him at Hur, master.

An Ishi, who allowed himself to be captured on the hands of the enemy are denounced by the gathering of the soldiers, with the vow that never again will his name be referred to in public or otherwise.

An Ishi, who has fought the enemy and has sacrificed his life in the field of battle, are recalled and cheered. If his weapon/armor could be retrieved, it is placed in the alter of Toth, with great pride. If not, the finest blades are donated in the alter of Toth, in his memories.

Customs: If not an Ishi, they are enemies.

Values: Survival depends on the might of the people. An alliance with the foreigners is not to be trusted.

Economy: Crops(Wheat , Barley, Fruits), Weapons, Jewels and Trinkets.

Brief History: The Ishi is an amalgamation of five tribes, that used to roam the lands as nomads, living off the lands. The tribes were : Gno, Riz. Dnur, Jiwa and Korr. Often when they crossed paths, these tribes would fight among themselves, only to prove who is the mightiest of them all. Of these, The Jiwa's were the most looked down upon, as they were not exactly nomads, but had a settlement on the hills, a fort called Skan. As time passed, each of these tribes were defeated, often ambushed by an army several times their size. Slowly everyone came and joined the Jiwa's and the settlement grew in size.
The Korr however are from a land far away, who claimed to have succumbed to the rough seas as their ship sank off the coastline, many miles from here. The Korr are known to be excellent craftsmen who are able to make the finest items from the metals they gather from the nearby hills.

Area on Map:

Just another question, are you allowed to use a function that you get up to that very turn? or should you wait till the turn after?

Updated claims map

Status of all submissions:

Full Submission Completed:
Ishalin (Lord Herobrine)
Mirysk (EQandCivfanatic)
Sauromavia (Immaculate)
Illdira (Amesjay)
Ghask (Polyblank)
Ishkant (bonefang)
Lapaz (Tambien)
Firen (Awesome)

Incomplete:
Everblack
christos200 (see earlier post regarding this)

Showed interest:
Samsniped

I suggest that those who have incomplete submissions get moving, they are due on Sunday (that's tomorrow) at 11 AM (hard deadline). If you complete your submission at 11:01 or beyond, you will miss the first turn and start off on the second turn.

Those who are done their submissions: try to recruit a friend or two; the more the merrier! :)

Oh I meant as in say we put 20 points straight into science and guaranteed that we would reach the required tech level for a function like scouting or road building, should we have put in our orders our plans using that function or would we have to wait till the next turn?

Updated claims map
Spoiler :

Ishalin (Lord Herobrine)
Mirysk (EQandCivfanatic)
Sauromavia (Immaculate)
Amesjay (Illdira)
Polyblank (Ghask)
Ishkant (bonefang) [Not on map because no location preference exists; will be placed on map last]

Incomplete:
Everblack
Tambien
Awesome
christos200 (see earlier post regarding this)

Showed interest:
Samsniped

I suggest that those who have incomplete submissions get moving, they are due on Sunday (that's tomorrow) at 11 AM (hard deadline). If you complete your submission at 11:01 or beyond, you will miss the first turn and start off on the second turn.

Those who are done their submissions: try to recruit a friend or two; the more the merrier! :)

Ishalin (Lord Herobrine)
Mirysk (EQandCivfanatic)
Sauromavia (Immaculate)
Amesjay (Illdira)
Polyblank (Ghask)
Ishkant (bonefang)

Oh I meant as in say we put 20 points straight into science and guaranteed that we would reach the required tech level for a function like scouting or road building, should we have put in our orders our plans using that function or would we have to wait till the next turn?

Ah i see. Yes, you can do that. But only if there is a 100% chance of you acquiring that technology.

Eq wrote that he wanted to be near the SOURCE of tbe northernmost river. Not its MOUTH. The spot where amesjay is should have been reserved for him

If you want you can move me south to the source of the river (just east of bonefang) since I didn't realise that was where EQ wanted to be

Top Bottom