Ask a Young Earth Creationist 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

classical_hero

In whom I trust
Since the old thread is well over 1000 posts I have finally got around to starting a new thread.

I will update this post once I am back with both hands. So go on without me for 3 more weeks. I might post occasionally, but once I am back I will try to answer as many questions from the previous thread.

Link to the previous thread. Ask a Young Earth Creationist
Thanks Emp for reminding me about that, well it is in my signature, so it won't go unnoticed anyway.

How much geology, geograhy, biology, physics, chemistry and history have you studied?

So does that mean you will now answer all the questions I asked?

Link to the first thread

Can't remember if this one was asked before...

When did you become a YEC? Was there a specific point in your life where you decided to believe in it, or did you just grow up with it in your household from a very young age?

Is it the same Universe after the 2nd Coming? Do you think the laws of physics will change to prevent the eventual degredation of the universe? But I guess 'laws of physics' doesn't really mean much, though, right? Do you think the universe would degrade (over billions and trillions of years) without intervention?

:)

Ziggy Stardust said:
3 weeks :eek: Respect!

:eek: :rotfl:
Dude, I never even thought of that, you sick bastard.

Where do other religions come from? and why are they the wrong ones?

What happened to the dinosaurs?

Where do impact craters found on earth come from? How old do you think they are?

When did humans migrate to the Americas? And how did they get there?

How could Sumer have developed only 4 years after the universe began?

Obviously by having a 2/3 divine king eventually.

I admit it, I know nothing about ancient Sumerian kings.

Question for CH: are you as hot as your avatar would have me believe? And a follow up question: what is the metric with which you decide which evidence, math, etc. to ignore in forming your understanding of the world?

as a Christian, i presume that you follow the basic principles of what all Christians believe God to be: that is to say, that he is omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent, and a personal God. based on these principles of your God, i put to you this:

1. Pain and suffering exists in the world.
2. God could remove pain and suffering from the world. (he is omnipotent)
3. God should want to remove pain and suffering from the world. (he is omnibenevolent)
4. He knows that pain and suffering exists. (he is omniscient)
5. Pain and suffering still exist in the world.

Therefore, it logically follows that either:
1. God is not omniscient (he doesn't recognize that pain and suffering do exist)
2. God is not omnibenevolent (he doesn't care that pain and suffering exists/he believes the ends justify the means (not a characteristic of omnibenevolence))
3. God is not omnipotent (he doesn't have the power to prevent pain and suffering)
4. If there is a God, then he is not the Christian God and does not hold these characteristics.
5. God does not exist.

Do you believe my logic to be correct and my conclusions to be correct also? If not where is my logic faulty? If so, does not any of these conclusions invalidate a belief in the Christian God?

I'll take you through the argument.

1) God is good
2) Boobies are good
3) Therefore, God created Boobies

QED

I'll take you through the argument.

1) God is good
2) Boobies are good
3) Therefore, God created Boobies

QED

But God is good, Bush is bad, therefore Bush was not created by God. If God didn't create Bush, evolution did. Therefore, evolution is correct. QED.

dude, in person I'd be happy to argue but on an internet forum? about creationism? seriously? seriously?

dude, in person I'd be happy to argue but on an internet forum? about creationism? seriously? seriously?

Hey, we've had a thread where arguments whether men landed on the moon or not took place.

Granted, this is slightly more ridiculous, but whatever, it's somewhat amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom