Turn 65 (1400 BC)
Research begun: Sailing
Axemen promoted: City Raider I
Axemen promoted: Combat I
Axemen promoted: City RaiderI
Axemen promoted: City Raider I
Delhi finishes: Temple bouddhiste :whipped:

I start a road from Dehli to the north for our next city...

Turn 66 (1360 BC)

Battle of Beshbalik

Axemen loses to: Mongols Archer (1.80/3)
Axemen defeats (2.15/5): Mongols Archer
Axemen defeats (5.00/5): Mongols Archer
Captured Beshbalik (Gengis)
Axemen defeats (3.60/5): Mongols Archer
Delhi finishes: Axemen
Bombay finishes: Axemen
Axemen defeats (1.35/5): Mongols Archer

Turn 67 (1320 BC)
Delhi begins: Oracle I know it's not necessary, but some gold/technology is always good
Bombay begins: Soldat avec hache
Axemen promoted: Cover
Axemen promoted: City Raider II
Axemen promoted: City Raider II
Bombay's borders expand

Bad news, I discover that Khan have a galley... but good news with archer/settler our next city... ;)

Turn 68 (1280 BC)
I start some chop for the Oracle (forest who will be chop in every case)
I start the pillage of khan territory...

Turn 69 (1240 BC)
Axemen defeats (4.30/5): Mongols Archer
Axemen defeats (2.20/5): Mongols Archer
Axemen loses to: Mongols Archer (0.66/3)

I didn't understand why Khan attacked me with 3 of his 4 archer of karak... so I'll try a counter-attack...

Turn 70 (1200 BC)
Khan reinforce the defence of his capitol, he must have another city in the south...

Turn 71 (1160 BC)
Axemen loses to: Mongols Archer (1.11/3) sorry about that...
Bouddhisme has spread: Munich (Empire germanique) once more... ;)

Oracle BIDL (in Berlin...), so we earn 125 gold, if I had started two turn earlier (if, if, if... if my taunt have some, I would call her my uncle... :dubious: :D )

Turn 72 (1120 BC)
Delhi begins: Axemen
Delhi grows: 4
Bombay finishes: Axemen
Research finished: sailing

Turn 73 (1080 BC)
Research begun: Writing
Bombay begins: Ligthhouse

Turn 74 (1040 BC)
Axemen loses to: Mongols Archer (1.02/3) that's a real :smoke: of myself, I sould have protect more our copper...
I uprage a warrior in bombay for an axemen.

Turn 75 (1000 BC)
Delhi grows: 5
I ask for peace, before we loose bombay... and he agree for nothing...

Turn 76 (975 BC)
Delhi's borders expand
Khan founded Ningshia in the far south of Dehli, exactly where we wanted to build one of our next city... I think we can flip this city.

Turn 77 (950 BC)
Bombay grows: 2

Turn 78 (925 BC)
Tech learned: Writing/color]
Beshbalik grows: 2

Turn 79 (900 BC)
Tech learned: Mathematics
Delhi begins: Settler

Turn 80 (875 BC)
I found another spot for a city, I the island in the north, fish/clam/crabs... :whiped:

Attachments

• global.JPG
    global.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 113
  • demographic.JPG
    demographic.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 78
Spoiler :
More and more since my turns, i've been thinking that i should've kept beshbalik, but the "one tile off" thing was what made me raze it....hmmm...we shall see wht others did... :)

(1) Delhi--> Axe--> Workboat to find the yellow border south of Delhi.

(2) Bombay--> Axe--> Axe

(4) Start research on sailing for galleys.

(5) Declared on Kublai and kill an archer of his next to our borders.

(6) Delhi builds workboat and starts oracle. It's a risk but I knew if I screwed up somebody else's save would be picked so no biggie. Kill three archers and burn Beshbalik. I'd rather build a city on the red or blue dot so the city is on the coast.

IBT: lose an axe

(7) Bombay--> Axe--> Axe
Revenge the lost axe killing a Mongolian archer

(8) Meet Hatty (yellow border) who is the point leader and founder of Judiasm.

This turn I chop a forest for the oracle. Also, we have 2 unhappy faces and I can whip the oracle for three pop. I let the city grow hoping this would happen (I often like to use unhappy faces for whipping) but didn't think it would pan out so perfectly.

(9) Finish the oracle and grab metal casting as the free tech. Start settler in Delhi. Kill two archers.

IBT: Lose a warrior

(10) Kill the archer that killed our warrior.

(11) Finish sailing and start writing.

(12) Bombay--> Axe--> Lighthouse (desperately needs growth)

(16) Delhi--> Settler--> Settler
Kill two archers that were heading south.

IBT: Lose Axe

(17) Found Madras

(18) Kill an archer.

(19) Writing is discovered and Iron Working is started. Buddhism spreads to Madras on its own.

Overview: Iron Working is due in 12 turns. We need more workers soon.

Our axemen pillaged most of Karakorum's improved tiles except for a few phants. I was going to attack the city but odds were horrible and we won't win until we get cats or overwhelming forces (around 10 units).

Delhi has a settler due in two that should go to the blue or red dot near the ruins or Beshbalik.

We can sign open borders with Bis if we want.

Great Prophet will eventually be born in Delhi from oracle.

Three axes are heading south to burn a city down there. After that city is burned I suggest signing peace with him.

We have three reports in (chriseay is a skip to group 2) so lets talk about which is best and take a vote. Can the players please put together a summary (# units, location, etc and any significant items of your turn - new cities, wonders, etc). Looks like everyone started the war with Khan.

and pull off the spoiler tags! makes it easier to read and look at dont ya know.

ruff_hi said:
We have three reports in (chriseay is a skip to group 2) so lets talk about which is best and take a vote. Can the players please put together a summary (# units, location, etc and any significant items of your turn - new cities, wonders, etc). Looks like everyone started the war with Khan.

I can actually play this afternoon....have a post by maybe 4 eastern? An hour and a half? If not, no problem. My chances of playing this round are probably better than the next though (lots of expected, but unexpected and unsure of the timing, things coming up). Let me know!

ok - good - go for it!

Ok, so my computer froze about 8 turns in, and I played from the autosave. I lost my notes though. They basically consisted of me being confused that we didn't have sailing yet, whipping a settler and saying we need to stop whipping and saying I'll attack with 6 to 8 axes.

Turn 8 - Now, with the culture expanding at Bombay, we can attack from our territory! Here's the picture (my cat laid on my keyboard and switched the view...I can't figure out how to change it back)

Turn 9 - Declare on Ghengis. We're looking at 8 axes to 2 archers, should take Beshbalik with minimal losses. Well 2 axes die. Not bad...

I'm going to take a look at Karakorum and see if that's a possibility too. I like this format a lot, because I can take more risks than I would normally.

Turn 10 - Scratch that, I lose Beshbalik again in the interturn. It takes another axe, plus the one that died to take it back. This is Karakorum, we'd need about 15 axes to be sure of taking it.

Turn 11 - I lose Oracle by about 3 turns (there would be a chop and a whip in there)....probably a bad point to my save. Should have done oracle before the settler.

Turn 13 - I start Ironworking when Sailing comes in.

Turn 16 - I start harassing a settler archer pair going south from Karakorum and start pillaging all the improvements the Mongols have made.

Turn 17 - I try for peace with the mongols, as we can't take any more cities at the moment, but we have them on the run and they can't give us anything, so I'll keep pillaging for now.

Turn 20 - Looks like this is the last turn. Here's the state of the front.

Things to remember:
- Still at war with the Mongols, we have taken one city
- Techs: Preisthood, Sailing, 4 turns left on Ironworking
- 6 Axemen in Mongol territory around Karakorum pillaging/harassing
- 1 city founded in the north of Delhi
- Germans have become Buddhist

I will post a list of my 'essentials' and so forth once i get home tonight...

also, ctrl+R arrow or L arrow will switch that view...i like to leave it on for SP games...i'm disappointed they went back to the checkerboard thing...its so Civ1

Things to remember about my save:

I have 3 axes heading south to raze mongolian city.
I have 2 axes and a warrior pillaging next to Karakorum.
Got oracle and discovered metal casting as the free tech.
Built a city and another settler is due in 2 turns to go one tile south west of the ruins of Beshbalik because it was one tile of coast and not a great city placement.
Religion automatically spread to new city.

I'm going to have to vote for my own save. I think razing Beshbalik was the better decision because of the one tile of the coast. Also, I built one city and have another settler in production to go to the better city spot (blue dot). I was the only one able to grab the oracle and that is a huge plus. We are also in a very good position to be able to raze the city down south depending on what is guarding it.

btw guys, I will be gone from April 6th to April 15th. Shouldn't be a problem with our concurrent format but if things do go by fast just put me in the second group for next round.

Short summary of my turnset:

I have 1 warrior in Dehli, 1 Axemen (combat1) 3S of Dehli to keep an eye on Ningshia, 1 Axemen (C1), 2 warrior (1 C1, 1 nothing) in Bombay, 1 Axemen on the copper (C1 and cover), and 2 Axemen (CR2) in Beshbalik, and a galley, near the "fisher island" in the north

For the science, Priesthood, sailing, and writing. Mathematics due in 14 turns, but could be change (only 2 turn of research), but we need it for construction and cat...

In Dehli the settler is due in 4 turn (not sure), and I think we should found madras on the wine (no need to wait for monarchy), fresh water, and we gain a plain/hill and a forest...
Or we can settle on the island, which is a really good spot for a whipping city with some :hammers: from the 2 forests, and a lot of :commerce: from the sea tiles...

The position of Beshbalik, is not so bad, we just need a little more culture to grag some ivory (need to research hunting)...

As khan settle just in the south of Dehli, we can certainly flip this city, if we put some pressure on it :culture: (monastery, library...), that saves us a settler... ;)

And finally :religion: , buddhism spread to Bismark, so we now have a powerful friend...

So if we go for a total war :hammer: , knupp's save is the best, but if we want to wait/developp a little before the next assault (with cat I think...), we should go with my save... :king:

razing Beshbalik offcouse was a better decision.
Knupp715 save will get my voite
For fact that he manage to pull off Oracle, found second city and generally had a good military campain, make good research decisions make him all around good save.

Radiopil had choise to keep Beshbalik, which is in really bad location and can use onnly very few ties. Otherwize his save is resnable.

Chilsea suffer from the same problems.

pholkhero
Did raised Besbalik, but did not get Oracle or any big conpensation for it.
research decisions not very good eather, as we clearly do not need hunting/archery. We can use Axes for defence.

What is not clear to me why people decided to build ligthouse in Bombey?
City can not really grow untill we take Khan capital and just working Cooper mine produce 6 shields/turn.

Bottom line:
Knupp715 got my voite.

PS: by the look of it he got Oracle not by chance, but by correct decision to chop and to whipe population.

I have 3 axes heading south, w/4 hanging out around karakorum;
razed Besh, founded Madras
i agree, upon reflection, that writing, IW or Math were much better choices for science...

i agree that knupp's is the save to go with...w/the Oracle, MC (great for us ind indians), and another settler on the way is key...Khan is lucky that Knupp wasn't able to get his hands on chariots :) Knupp is murder with them :lol:

I do have to say keeping Beshbalik was a little :smoke: on my part, but let me spell out my reasoning behind why I almost always keep rather than raze cities.

- An extra settler could be used elsewhere to better effect most all the time.
- A poor city is better than no city to remarshal the troops, heal, etc.
- A poor city is also better than no city in the short run (most of the time) for science and military.
- Finally, though my Beshbalik can't work all of it's tiles now, I had planned on taking Karakorum, which would allow it free use of Beshbalik's whole fat cross.
- And a second finally, a poor food site like Bombay or a seafood resource near Beshbalik would have caused a raze, but as it is, it seemed ok.

All that being said, I still think my save loses to Knupps. My fatal mistake, in my opinion, was not the decision to keep Beshbalik, but the decision to build a settler out of Delhi before the Oracle. I only missed the Oracle by about 3 turns, and I had used the whip and the axe for the settler. I would have certainly gotten it had I reversed those builds.

Like I said in my report though, this format is tons of fun because you can take risks and try out things you might not normally do (I in fact, would not even have gone to war in most games) because you have the fallback of three other saves. :p

chriseay said:
I in fact, would not even have gone to war in most games
would you've just moved off island and settled elsewhere after a couple of cities here??

oh, and too bad about them phightin' phils ~ an inauspicious start for the season...1000 loses here we come :)

Well I'm leaving now and I just remembered about the save. It would not have been good if you guys voted for me and I never posted it. :lol:

Since I am leaving now I'm going to post it in case I do get the vote.

I'm voting for Knupp's save as well. Getting the Oracle and still being on a good war footing is huge in my book.

pholkhero said:
would you've just moved off island and settled elsewhere after a couple of cities here??

oh, and too bad about them phightin' phils ~ an inauspicious start for the season...1000 loses here we come :)

Excactly. I would have consolidated with about 3 cities (4 if I squeezed) and then tried to move to greener pastures. I probably would have attacked Ghengis eventually, but not until a large army of swords and cats was at my disposal. I'm not one for wars that aren't wars of elimination! :devil: :hammer:

On the Phils, it's not going too great so far, but it's a long season. We'll see. I've got a free ticket for the game on Saturday, let's hope I'm waiting for Rollins to extend the hitting streak to 41. :D

chris said:
On the Phils, it's not going too great so far, but it's a long season. We'll see. I've got a free ticket for the game on Saturday, let's hope I'm waiting for Rollins to extend the hitting streak to 41.
yeah...i'm a lifetime phillie fan...i work down in center city, right near city hall...

i grew up watching the late 80s phillies....this is the normal phillies season to me :)

Top Bottom