Download and Current Changelog

Playing as Bannor; Clerics show up in my build list as if the national limit was still 4, although it is the early part of the game so I think my limit is currenty 2. After one turn of trying to build it, the city gives me the "City can no longer work on Cleric" message.

[to_xp]Gekko;8725572 said:
is it intended for lucian cold iron to start with plagued? seems pretty weird. also, resurrection for the doviello could be tied to lucian, since the war machine is, well, just a machine. if anything, there could be pieces of the war machine that work like the pieces of barnaxus do. the same could be true for the black wind of the lanun.

Here is my reasoning for doing this from my original thread:

Someone asked me a question, so I figured I would answer it here.
The question was basically, why did I set Lucian Cold Iron to be at level 5 and get the plague promo.

It is simple really, I agree with Kael about Lucian being overpowered if given the Hero Promo early. But I feel that if he can survive to level 5, he should get a chance to be a "real" hero unit. The Plague promo forces the aggressive player to slow down his use if they reach level five by just harvesting barbarians (he will only be able to heal in his culture) and if they are at the point they can get a priest to heal him, then he shouldn't be overpowered. Granted the pool of tears can heal him outright, but this is a bonus/reward of finding this wilderness wonder IMHO.

Over all he isn't much stronger than the base Lucian. A good mage can rust his Iron promo and dispel his enchantment promo. His additional Ice damage (+2) is the gift of his weapon and is permanent. It will take some time to regain his experience, but the hero promo will make it automatic.

"Bug" :mischief:
Nojah is amazingly overpowered. Sure, the traits you get aren't the best when playing as that leader, but the early game rush is insane. A few warrior plus Nojah, plus twincasting empowered puppets is not something the early AI can handle.
How to fix? Well, tying your traits to the Nojah unit (like Hyborem) would add more risk to using the unit on the frontlines. Stripping the puppet ability from Nojah until he is upgraded to a sorcerer. In exchange, perhaps allow Nojah to learn spell spheres. Might balance out.

[to_xp]Gekko;8727041 said:
I still think having him weaker instead of giving him plagued would be a lot better. it just makes no sense at all for him to become plagued all of a sudden.

It does if you read the 'paedia entry. That explains where he gets the +2 ice from too... :p

Weasel lore, of course.

:p

Question! Is it the case that base FFH refers to the Text/CIV4GameText_Misc1.xml and Wild Mana somehow doesn't? I'm just trying to figure out why my Main Menu, other options, units, and a lot of other stuff have no text when I switch to Spanish, and why this only occurs in Wild Mana, not base FFH or Orbis.

Second, it seems like the XML files are full of a LOT of stuff that's not getting used (Ngomele, huh?). It's a bit confusing to anyone having to fiddle with the XML - would you be able to nuke what you aren't using? This was especially confusing when only about half the changes I made showed up in game because I guess it was pulling text from two different places (Civ4WildMana.xml is what I edited, but I think it was pulling text from Modules/NormalModules/ArcaneMastery/Text/ArcaneMastery.xml instead).

Thanks a bunch! :)

Bug: Running v7.01 I am still getting the bug that causes Hyborem to die when summoned.

Hopefully this image shows up fine.

Edit: Remove pic for the moment. Looks like Sephi found this one already anyhow.

I've put my current game on hold for the moment, so I can move forward with Hyborem out there somewhere. Hopefully Sephi puts up patch 7.02 soonish. Maybe I'll start another game with compact enforced for the moment... hmmm... so many things to experiment with in Wildmana. :p

more of a cosmetic issue:
When playing with flexible difficulty, the red text displaying the current difficulty level will overlap the text on the scoreboard list. It would look better, if it was placed above or below it, or even another place on the screen where it doesn't interfere with anything else.

I'm a little bit of a computer noob. I opened the quickfix with notepad, but I'm a little unsure how to get the file into assets/python. Can anyone walk me through this??? EDIT:I copied the hotfix into a new folder and then I just dragged the new folder into assets/python. Does that sound right?

Winamp GUI isn't working for me.

I have v.5.56 of Winamp, but the in game gui dosn't seem to do anything. Is there anything specific I have to do?

you need to start Winamp before Civ. You need atleast one track in the playlist (although the GUI only makes sense if you have several in there)

Gekko, please post the missing TXT_Key in the bug thread. and maybe also a suggestion for what text to display :)

EDIT:I copied the hotfix into a new folder and then I just dragged the new folder into assets/python. Does that sound right?

no. It sounds like you dragged the whole folder into assets/python, when what you should have done is drag (copy) the _content_ of the folder into assets/python. Then you will get asked if you want to overwrite CvEventManager (the old version of the file), for which you should answer 'yes'.

you need to start Winamp before Civ. You need atleast one track in the playlist (although the GUI only makes sense if you have several in there)

Gekko, please post the missing TXT_Key in the bug thread. and maybe also a suggestion for what text to display :)

Hmm - Sure I had done that. Oh well. Restarted civ and it works. Thanks! :D

no. It sounds like you dragged the whole folder into assets/python, when what you should have done is drag (copy) the _content_ of the folder into assets/python. Then you will get asked if you want to overwrite CvEventManager (the old version of the file), for which you should answer 'yes'.

Thx Johnar.What I did was just erase the contents of the Eventmanager folder in Python and the copy and pasted the hotfix contents. That should work right?

Top Bottom