Hello,

Python exception as attached.

Attachments

• Python Exception0000.JPG
    Python Exception0000.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 62
@Tarquelne/ Sephi:

if you add the tag: <PrereqCiv>CIVILIZATION_SCIONS</PrereqCiv>
to the horned dread it won't show up in other civilizations research tree.

I am also for the removal of the prerequisite tech 'trade' for the pit beast, so it will not show up in the research tree.

The promotion doomgiver has a typo in game. It does not correctly display the the amount of influence in an influence driven war (i disabled this option).

@Tarquelne/ Sephi:

if you add the tag: <PrereqCiv>CIVILIZATION_SCIONS</PrereqCiv>
to the horned dread it won't show up in other civilizations research tree.
nice catch, Fixed

I am also for the removal of the prerequisite tech 'trade' for the pit beast, so it will not show up in the research tree.
prereq tech is needed for barbarian spawn mechanism but the unit should not show up anymore.

Hello,

Ending turns is really fast except sometimes they never end. It just says "waiting for other players" or something at the bottom. The game doesn't crash and I am able to open up menus and reload. That would fix the problem until I got to turn 346...

View attachment 253081

which Patch do you use? I couldn't open the savegame using Patch 8.3

Hey all, enjoying Wild mana a lot, as always.

Playing as the Austrin, I've noted these 2 bugs:

The results of the "combat vs goblins and find an orphan afterwards" event are mixed up (had it twice now): choosing to get the orphan does nothing, ordering your unit to abandon it gives you a goblin.

The tooltip for "preserve forest" on a worker indicated that this would generate 100 happy faces instead of the expected number. I had FoL as state religion and Guardian of Nature civic at the time.

Not a bug, but an unexpected feature of the Austrin civ: i discovered that my Priest of Leaves could cast a summon Pegasus spell when you're the Austrin...I suspect this is undocumented, or I must have completely missed it. Excellent recon unit, made me absolutely happy ;-)

Another strange thing, I presume it's a bug (although it's very convenient!): one of my cities is being attacked by a large Calabim stack, and my recurve archers seem to behave like they have marksman, i.e. they pick off the Calabim's catapults. They have the spells Blur and Embrace of Elements on them, but as far as I can tell neither of these should grant marksman?

which Patch do you use? I couldn't open the savegame using Patch 8.3

That's odd. I installed the game and the latest patch a few days ago. I'm not sure how to check that now.

I'll try reinstalling and starting another game. If my issue is a serious one I'm sure other paople would have mentioned it as well. I'll see if I get it again.

the promotion ghastly dragoons (i don't know where it is used i found it in the pedia) has its pedia entry in the help entry, making the description of the promotion ridiculously long.

the promotion ghastly dragoons (i don't know where it is used i found it in the pedia) has its pedia entry in the help entry, making the description of the promotion ridiculously long.

thanks for the report,

@sephi

i will look at this one since i just added some of the files from tarq

It's a bit weird that the Help txt keys of Promotions have the PEDIA ending, but they are still help keys, which means they shouldn't be longer than one line in general.

Might want to ask Tarquelne if the pedia text should be displayed somewhere else. (spells for example do have a Pedia entry)

It's a bit weird that the Help txt keys of Promotions have the PEDIA ending, but they are still help keys, which means they shouldn't be longer than one line in general.

Might want to ask Tarquelne if the pedia text should be displayed somewhere else. (spells for example do have a Pedia entry)

This is a re-synopsis of a conversation I had with Tarqueline (and copied to you i believe) regarding the Text Tags.

Pedia Tags: for Civlopedia and Lore Entry Placements

Strategy Tags: for Medium Size Entry Placements primarly as hints and descriptions

Help Tags: for Short Entry Placements especially for in-game displays and cursor displays (like in the civlopedia).

I havent looked at the example reported by tesb yet, but maybe we can determine a method of assignment so that when tags are added, they are added properly to that methodology.

Pedia Tags: for Civlopedia and Lore Entry Placements

Strategy Tags: for Medium Size Entry Placements primarly as hints and descriptions

Help Tags: for Short Entry Placements especially for in-game displays and cursor displays (like in the civlopedia).

This is the standard procedure, maybe taquelne just swapped the tags by accident? There is really no imaginable way that a short story should appear under the help tag.

This is the standard procedure, maybe taquelne just swapped the tags by accident? There is really no imaginable way that a short story should appear under the help tag.

@ Sephi, what did you fix? should I attempt to switch the tags to display correctly?

I removed the text cause pedia text does not exist for promotions.

you removed the help text tag from the promotioninfo file is that correct?

i would like to duplicate my working file and see the difference from before and after
and see where things are then

Top Bottom