8.3x Bugs Thread

@Sephi,

If you dont mind add this help tag back to your version to match mine.
I have added a placeholder help tag in the WildManaNewGW file

Spoiler :
<Help>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_GHASTLY_DRAGOON_HELP</Help>

@Tarquelne

If you would give me a couple of items (short) for the help file I will enter them

Playing as The Fey, I summoned the Erkling and went to war with the Kuriotates. After much destruction, the Kuriotates capitulated but now I don't have my Erkling unit anymore.

Does getting peace disband the Erkling? If so, that should definitely be mentioned in the civilopedia.

Otherwise, so far this is a very solid build with quite reasonable late game speed :)

Encounterd a bug with tolerant (or probably captured Units) and Mazatl citys. (Probably true for other races also)
A Priesthood Unit (like Confessor) can sacreficed to build theyr tempel, even if racial blocked, inside Mazatl citys.
Dont know if this is already reported or if it can even be fixed.

a simple civilization prereq tag for the spell should do :)

in CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
the paladin for the clan of embers has a wrong link to his .kfm :

Art\Units\Unique_Sumeria_Vulture\Unique_Sumerian_Vulture blood.kfm

should be

Art/Units/Unique_Sumeria_Vulture/Unique_Sumerian_Vulture blood.kfm

(just change the slashes, i did not test if this has any complications, i just noticed it while browsing the file. The correct version does defiantly work.)

Realy? I.E. when a Elohim Civ have captured a Mazatal City, will this work then?

What i meant is, that if sephi/ graywarden add this tag to the spell, this bug will be squashed.

Another small bug I noticed in my current Austrin game: my recurve archers that already have the "pegasus rider" promotion can still cast the "mount pegasus" spell (which then consumes a pegasus and has no effect). My mages and adepts with the pegasus rider promotion do not have the same problem.

in CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
the paladin for the clan of embers has a wrong link to his .kfm :

Art\Units\Unique_Sumeria_Vulture\Unique_Sumerian_Vulture blood.kfm

should be

Art/Units/Unique_Sumeria_Vulture/Unique_Sumerian_Vulture blood.kfm

(just change the slashes, i did not test if this has any complications, i just noticed it while browsing the file. The correct version does defiantly work.)

FIXED by GW

@Tarquelne

If you would give me a couple of items (short) for the help file I will enter them

You can use the old entry

Code:
<English>Mounts transformed to wild revenants.</English>

There aren't any effects beyond what'll show in the pedia or the promo's tooltip, so I'm thinking that's enough.

The little horse story can be appended to the "Gift Gift" spell pedia entry.

Code:

There aren't any effects beyond what'll show in the pedia or the promo's tooltip, so I'm thinking that's enough.

Tarq,

what I did was switch the help tag to a pedia tag, which means the text will fall in pedia placements.

the "new" help tag should indicate if there are any special benefits or penalties involved?

the help tags display in two places, in the pedia HUD, and in the INGAME cursor HUD

Code:

Help Tag Example:

Spoiler :
<Tag>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_GHASTLY_DRAGOON_HELP</Tag>
<English>Mounts transformed to wild revenants.
</English>

Strategy Tag Example:

Spoiler :
<Tag>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_GHASTLY_DRAGOON_STRATEGY</Tag>
<English>The ghastly dragoons are the eyeless revenants spreading fear and horror in their wake.</English>

The Pedia Tag is as it was.

IF the unit caused the fear effect, then i could add this to the help tag.

Spoiler :
<Tag>TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_GHASTLY_DRAGOON_HELP</Tag>
<English>[Icon bullet]Mounts transformed to wild revenants.
[Icon bullet] Causes Fear disabling enemies</English>

which gives it multiple lines which ties in with the python displays

Something funky about the effects of haunted lands on workers? When the effects wore off, my worker got locked up. Couldn't move, couldn't turn off automate, even though whatever promotion the worker had dissipated.

Patch 8.3
Emperor game with Bannor Turn 232 AC 92
This turn something strange happened, i believe a world spell has been casted that moved around all units that didnt resist it by some tile.
I had stacks of units and garrisons all over the city while i now have units moved by some tiles in each direction, i believe this happened to all civilizations.

Now this just happened that turn and i cant move any of my units so i have nothing more to do than end turn, which i do and i have some autocombats in sheiam territory with huge spellcasting and some combat, then the game hands up on "Waiting for other civilizations" and nothing more happens (cpu at max).
I tried that on two different computers and for more than 20 minutes waiting (usual waiting time for turns was 5 seconds) so i'm attaching here the savegame.

Attachments

• fabio AD-0232.zip
    587.6 KB · Views: 58
Top Bottom