Community Call to Power Project

Yeah that is where ya find the logs, unfortunatly you must zip up the logs right after a crash, or before you restart CiV due to the logs been overwritten once you click play. The logs you provided are empty :)

Also you can post them directly here in the forums, rather than to a hosting site, Fanatics allows you upto 10mb of space.

EpicSpeed mod is uncompatible atm. I may update it before G&K, but tbh I doubt I will :)

I'm playing right now just on epic speed, w/o that mod, and i'd say its playable in some very funy way. There is some confuzing in prices and diplo_ai behavior and also in science speed, but its very playable. And that unbalances epic science speed AI can use somehow in very tricky manner. :) I have biggest numbers of cities, good science wonders and all a way on top in numbers, and still ai keep building wonders and reaching eras just a step ahead of me! It was very frustrating when my properly promoted knights were blasted with cossacks and sipahi.

And also, i dont know why, but in this game AI tend to unify lands in very accurate style. I mean conquered lands are integrated nicely, and empires grow fine.
Also there is alot of constant wars with city-states and all others.

I'm playing last version, on emperor difficulty, huge map, low sea level, 22 civs and 30 or somehow city-states. :)
So its all quite a fun. Now i'm struggling with Darius, but his hordes of old(as i thought) longswordsmen just keep pushing my crossbowmen and knights, and i forced to exchange in battle almost equal numbers of my troops to stop them. That is i never did before

Well, playing on Epic will give weird results since the mod is not even remotly balanced for any other speeds but Standard. But its nice to see someone having fun regardless :)

So I noticed this post is longer than I thought it would be so I broke it up into a few parts

Monopolies :D
Spoiler :
Took longer than I said it would :)/) but the monopoly buildings now provide the resource bonuses to all cities. I created a dummy building to hold the effect, so when you build the monopoly, you will see XYZ Monopoly in the wonder section and XYZ Monopoly (FREE) in the building section. I would love to make the (FREE) building invisible to the player, but until I can figure it out... I also made the bonuses more uniform; earlier, each incremental building gave some combination of flat yields and resource yields, and that combination varied depending on which resource you were building up. This is good for variation, but balance-wise it was a little wonky; you could build a small building for one resource and get a total of 3 yields, while another would only give 1 or 2. Now, each Small building gives 1 tile bonus, 1 flat, Medium gives 1 tile bonus, 3 flat, Large gives 2 tile bonus, 6 flat, and Huge gives 4 tile bonus, 10 flat. It will make more sense when you see it for yourselves :confused:. The numbers were worked out so that having more than one of a resource is now more important; the Return on Hammers (RoH) with two resource tiles is 50 turns for the small, 50 turns for the Medium, 45 turns for the Large, and 40 turns for the Huge (sounds like a lot but the game has effectively doubled in length from vanilla so it kind of balances out). Your returns are much less when building a monopoly building in a city with access to only one resource. In effect, city placement is more important.

Something that happened while I did my tinkering is that Oil no longer registers as a Strategic Resource. I have no idea what caused this, but I'll be looking for a solution. In the meantime, this doesn't affect the gameplay much; the only difference is that you may not be able to trade for Oil.

Don't know if I mentioned this already, but if anyone has any creative names for the monopoly buildings (Farm -> Market -> Distribution Center -> Conglomerate is much better than Small, Medium, Large, Huge, but it is still pretty monotonous), post them here and I'll rename them as advised :).

Government Stuff
Spoiler :
So now that I am relatively happy with he Tech Tree, work will now start on the policies. I will say right now that I have no idea how to do this part, so progress will most likely be slow.

Future Plans
Spoiler :
And as a parting comment, I recently heard someone say that what makes games great is the sense of wonder you get when exploring each game aspect. I think we satisfy the wonder drive up to the Industrial Era (Monopoly Buildings, Tech Pace, unique building effects, Governments, etc), but when the game gets to the later stages, all that is left is war.

I have a few ideas for how to increase the fun into the later eras. The first is to expand upon the Library, Market, Monument, and Colosseum line of buildings past the Research Lab, Stock Market, Broadcast Tower, and Stadium; these are the base buildings for all of the game's yields, and should therefore carry through the entire game). Another idea is to introduce random events (like I've been asked to do many times :)) that get progressively more important as the game progresses. But really, what I think we really need is a completely new aspect, similar to the Monopoly System and the Government pages. Are there any ideas? I know G&Ks will be adding in espionage so I would like to stay away from any spy-type business. Maybe a Machine Uprising?? I dunno, just throwing out ideas.

I am having a problem here
My advanced shipwatd cost 4,400 hammers
whereas a DDX destroyer costs 25,000 hammers and CGX cruiser costs 32,500 hammer
and a submersible carrier costs 396,000 hammers
Is this correct? quite confused here??

Another question here
when I start a new game with America and Germany
After I found my first city,
I was able to build a Carrier but was forbidden
because I require the industrial shipyard
The option to build a Carrier should not be there in the first place
so I hope someone can offer me a solution here
Another question I have is:
However when I open the technology tree
I was not able to find the industrial shipyard anywhere in military folder

Another question here
when I start a new game with America and Germany
After I found my first city,
I was able to build a Carrier but was forbidden
because I require the industrial shipyard
The option to build a Carrier should not be there in the first place
so I hope someone can offer me a solution here
Another question I have is:
However when I open the technology tree
I was not able to find the industrial shipyard anywhere in military folder
Which version of this mod do you play and on which settings (epic game, huge world etc.).

Hey liu owen17 for your first post, unfortunately that's the way things are for now. I have never been able to get a game past the Digital Era to know what the averages are for production, science, gold, etc, so for now they are hugely unbalanced. The only part about the future eras that I feel relatively good about is the Governments. I guess I could put in some arbitrary values just to ease the transition. I'll do that for the next update. Your second post points to a problem that I addressed in the latest version, available in the OP. I had a typo on one of the fields in the XML, but now that is fixed. The industrial shipyard now appears a a normal building. Hope this helps

Sorry graywolfe, neither of these have been changed :/. It does add lots of other mechanics though that I feel enhances the gameplay :D

I like this mod a lot, but there is a problem with it for me. When I go to Mod -> Single Player -> Set-Up Game and play a game with one of the built-in maps, it works. However, when I play the game with one of the maps I created in World Builder, it never works -- not just for the Earth map I edited in World Builder but for any map I edit. I play those maps with scenarios I created, but I just tested the problem by trying to play with those maps without the scenario on, and it still doesn't work. So it can't be anything with what I did with the scenario, such as city-states, states placement, etc. It seems wholly to be something with the fact that the mod doesn't allow me to play with any of the maps I created in World Builder in and of itself. And it's the same error I got as with Abmanju, as in, when I click Start Game or something, the game crashes into something like this:

Now, I can of course somewhat enjoy myself playing the game from scratch from a built-in map. But I enjoy myself the most when I'm playing in one of my fantastical scenarios!

And yes, I tried reinstalling C++ and I tried having Steam reverify the files, and it still doesn't work. I also have the most recent update of Civilization V and the beta version for this mod. However, I also tested the stable version and it's the same thing.

EDIT 1:

Alright guys, I actually found the problem, and it's actually a fairly complex problem. However, a lot of people have this problem I think, or at least it's a long lasting problem and people just haven't used the Earth maps and whatnot -- it didn't even work when I tried previous versions of this mod. What this problem basically is is an integration problem. To put it simply, it involves the DLCs.

When you just use an automatically generated map, the map and the mod essentially integrate the state of their DLCs with the user's. However, when you use a map you make in World Builder, the map integrates with the state of your DLCs, but the map and the user never integrate with the mod; therefore, the mod uses a different state of the DLCs than you do. Therefore, there is a difference between your and the map's downloadable content information and the mod's.

Well, since we're all good, computer scientists, where's the proof? Well, the proof is this. You need to factor out the mod. The way to do this is, as long as you do have at least one downloadable content on your computer, then make any map in World Builder and save it. Then, move your DLC folder. Try opening the map you saved. What you should see, and it was a surprise for me, is THE EXACT SAME POP-UP as in the image above. Note that I did nothing with the mod in these procedures. Therefore, this proves that the error has something to do with the DLCs.

So, for integration to occur, there must be a coherence between the state of the DLCs for the user and map with the state of the DLCs for the mod. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm going to be fairly certain that the natural state of the mod has the default of no DLC compatibility. Remember -- the reason it can use the DLCs from the automatic or spontaneous maps is exactly because the DLC information is integrated right at that point. However, there is no such integration with a World Builder map.

I do not have a solution to this problem yet, but I would argue that this would be important to look into because, in a solution to this, it could open up the gates for this mod to be compatible at least with the Earth maps, which are from World Builder, and therefore it might allow people to play this mod as never before.

EDIT 2:

Well, there is an intricacy to this now. I would assume that the natural state of the DLCs for the mod would be none. So, I created a map after I disabled my DLCs by moving them to a different folder. So, you would expect that I would be able to load that then. However, it still comes up with that same error. So, there are two, possible scenarios with this really:

1) My theory about the cause being this disintegration of DLCs is wrong

OR

2) The mod presumes the user does have some DLCs. Not only that, but the error pops up not only when you have more DLCs than the mod (Because I have all the DLCs I believe) but when you have less than the DLCs the mod presumes. Therefore, what might be necessary is to know exactly what DLCs the mod presumes as its natural or default state.

EDIT 3:

Ugh. A non-coder like myself could never solve this. The only tip I can give is to check out that Polynesia and Inca DLC fix in the other Call to Power Project thread in one of the opening posts. What that mod seems to do is to add the improvements included in the Polynesian and Incan DLCs to the mod. However, when I used that mod with version 2.50 of this Call to Power Project mod, as well as only enabling the Incan and Polynesian DLCs on my computer as I create the map, it still gives me the same error message. However, I'm not sure if it's saying that, because none of the other DLCs have fixes to them -- only Inca and Polynesia do -- the Polynesian and Incan DLCs would be the only ones that need to be fixed to calibrate with the mod. However, when I invested each DLC folder, it seems like only the Incan and Polynesian DLCs were the ones to have changes to the improvements. However, I'm not sure, because almost all the folders are structured rather differently from each other.

Okay, I think I have found the final solution. I need to know what DLCs you have installed, chrome-rome. If I integrate it with yours, then I should have integrated my DLC information with the mod's, and possibly others can do the same as well.

More specifically, if you go to your DLC folder, which of the following do you see?

DLC_01
DLC_02
DLC_03
DLC_04
DLC_05
DLC_06
DLC_Deluxe
DLC_SP_Maps
Shared

I have all of the DLC (Steam has 75% off sale right now :D). Would putting the Incan and Polynesian improvements in a separate mod work better for you?

I have all of the DLC (Steam has 75% off sale right now :D). Would putting the Incan and Polynesian improvements in a separate mod work better for you?

That's so weird, though. I also have all the DLCs (I think). I tried using the Incan and Polynesian improvement stuff from the original Call to Power thread already and it didn't work. Can you see whether it works for you? For example, do you get the error if you create an Earth map in World Builder and try to play the map on your mod?

That's so weird, though. I also have all the DLCs (I think). I tried using the Incan and Polynesian improvement stuff from the original Call to Power thread already and it didn't work. Can you see whether it works for you? For example, do you get the error if you create an Earth map in World Builder and try to play the map on your mod?

I've encountered this error time and time again with ANY custom maps used with CCTP, at all different stages of development, and I myself do not have ANY DLC's cause im a skint flint, it also throws that error at you when you tyry to build and save the mod through modbuddy(as in giving it a different version number).

So I noticed this post is longer than I thought it would be so I broke it up into a few parts

Monopolies :D
Spoiler :
Took longer than I said it would :)/) but the monopoly buildings now provide the resource bonuses to all cities. I created a dummy building to hold the effect, so when you build the monopoly, you will see XYZ Monopoly in the wonder section and XYZ Monopoly (FREE) in the building section. I would love to make the (FREE) building invisible to the player, but until I can figure it out... I also made the bonuses more uniform; earlier, each incremental building gave some combination of flat yields and resource yields, and that combination varied depending on which resource you were building up. This is good for variation, but balance-wise it was a little wonky; you could build a small building for one resource and get a total of 3 yields, while another would only give 1 or 2. Now, each Small building gives 1 tile bonus, 1 flat, Medium gives 1 tile bonus, 3 flat, Large gives 2 tile bonus, 6 flat, and Huge gives 4 tile bonus, 10 flat. It will make more sense when you see it for yourselves :confused:. The numbers were worked out so that having more than one of a resource is now more important; the Return on Hammers (RoH) with two resource tiles is 50 turns for the small, 50 turns for the Medium, 45 turns for the Large, and 40 turns for the Huge (sounds like a lot but the game has effectively doubled in length from vanilla so it kind of balances out). Your returns are much less when building a monopoly building in a city with access to only one resource. In effect, city placement is more important.

Something that happened while I did my tinkering is that Oil no longer registers as a Strategic Resource. I have no idea what caused this, but I'll be looking for a solution. In the meantime, this doesn't affect the gameplay much; the only difference is that you may not be able to trade for Oil.

Don't know if I mentioned this already, but if anyone has any creative names for the monopoly buildings (Farm -> Market -> Distribution Center -> Conglomerate is much better than Small, Medium, Large, Huge, but it is still pretty monotonous), post them here and I'll rename them as advised :).

Government Stuff
Spoiler :
So now that I am relatively happy with he Tech Tree, work will now start on the policies. I will say right now that I have no idea how to do this part, so progress will most likely be slow.

Future Plans
Spoiler :
And as a parting comment, I recently heard someone say that what makes games great is the sense of wonder you get when exploring each game aspect. I think we satisfy the wonder drive up to the Industrial Era (Monopoly Buildings, Tech Pace, unique building effects, Governments, etc), but when the game gets to the later stages, all that is left is war.

I have a few ideas for how to increase the fun into the later eras. The first is to expand upon the Library, Market, Monument, and Colosseum line of buildings past the Research Lab, Stock Market, Broadcast Tower, and Stadium; these are the base buildings for all of the game's yields, and should therefore carry through the entire game). Another idea is to introduce random events (like I've been asked to do many times :)) that get progressively more important as the game progresses. But really, what I think we really need is a completely new aspect, similar to the Monopoly System and the Government pages. Are there any ideas? I know G&Ks will be adding in espionage so I would like to stay away from any spy-type business. Maybe a Machine Uprising?? I dunno, just throwing out ideas.

Government Stuff: "So now that I am relatively happy with he Tech Tree, work will now start on the policies. I will say right now that I have no idea how to do this part, so progress will most likely be slow."

So, you have forgot about me that quickly have you? :lol:

Well I hope not ;) but remember that I am always here when you need me for the policies :p

Why if I try to create a Standar sized game with continents, or continents plus I don't spawn with anything and I lose at the beginning? It's not fair!

Top Bottom