Do You Want XCOM Squad in game?

Should XCOM Squad be included?

• Yes, yes it should

Votes: 319 59.6%
  • No, no it shouldn't.

Votes: 216 40.4%

• Total voters
XCOM is a fictional international organization. The fact that nations can build XCOM units is not only unrealistic (because no such style of unit exists), but it does not even adhere to internal consistency. If anything your argument is another one against the inclusion of XCOM, rather than an argument for inclusion.

I think you're confusing the Civ5 unit XCOM Squad with the squads from the game XCOM. While I can see your confusion, I think you're conflating two things there.

I think you're confusing the Civ5 unit XCOM Squad with the squads from the game XCOM. While I can see your confusion, I think you're conflating two things there.

They have the same name and the same graphics. How can you honestly argue that they are two completely different things?

XCOM is a fictional international organization. The fact that nations can build XCOM units is not only unrealistic (because no such style of unit exists), but it does not even adhere to internal consistency. If anything your argument is another one against the inclusion of XCOM, rather than an argument for inclusion.

Like if Gandhi nuking Montezuma citys with advanced fighters are realistic. And still you missed his point completely, Xcom dont exist but soldiers (No supersoldiers from where yo u got this? :lol:) with high tech in the future is completely possible, and who know what would happens if Alies do exist and decided to attack Earth (high unlikely and completely off point)

And i think you are over reacting

They have the same name and the same graphics. How can you honestly argue that they are two completely different things?

I can argue anything I want :p

My point was that you can choose to look on the bright side or the negative side. If you're generally unhappy about it, look at it in the better light and see if it helps.

It we really wanted realism, the XCom unit would have a 50% aim penalty against units anyway. And skip their turn if hurt by another unit.

It we really wanted realism, the XCom unit would have a 50% aim penalty against units anyway. And skip their turn if hurt by another unit.

Bahaha - and have a chance to miss and hit friendly adjacent units too :]

The game have missed real paratroopers (that can actually deploy to other continents) for a very long time now.
Im alright with the "XCOM" unit.

I really don't like the name, and it feel a little cheesy but I'm all for a modern paratrooper that an drop 40 hexes and can give a modern tank a whooping. Now I jut might build paratroopers in atomic start game.
In regular games - not so much...

Are you serious? My god that is funny. :lol: :lol: I'm sorry that is just comical. :lol:

Looks like percentages are still holding at approximately 60:40. Would be great if we could get a total sample size of at least 500 or so.

wow, still arguing about the XCOM soldiers??

I dont care if you are FOR or AGAINST the XCOM, You can't tell me its not going to be awesome seeing them "paradrop" in, (they did an awesome job with the visuals on that! which I think we can all agree) though its more like drop in with anti-gravity(?) thrusters, I just know its going to be a sweeeet addition to the game, and I could only hope they add 1 or 2 more "very" late game units that are comparable to the XCOM and GDR, but if not, hey at least they're adding the XCOM!

I've always liked it when Modern Art (TV, Movies, Games) dont act like their in a closed vacuum space, where they only exist.........I love it when they "tip the hat" to others in the space.....(example, when Workshop first came live with Skyrim, and Valve "tipped the hat" to the awesome success of Skyrim, knowing it would be one of the biggest hits in the Workshop, and modded in the Space Core)..........(why would a space core be in Skyrim?? LoL, still cool to have it!) I realize that may be an apples to oranges argument for the "naysayers", but its all in the same realm of my point. Its nice to see that in the "real" world, Skyrim exists with Portal 2, and Civ V exists with XCOM, and they all exist together...in the real world.... why not bring a little of that to the "game" worlds as well..........and don't even get me started on Team Fortress 2 (all the items from "other" games you can get in that game.....:thumbsup:

Trust me, its not a bad thing at all, and its definitely nothing to worry about, especially when you can write an simple XML to delete the unit from the game (if it bothers you to that extent)

If I want numerous references and/or hat-tipping and/or shout-outs to other games, I would play a Super Smash Bros. game thank you (it has Mario, Link, Kirby (note my avatar, which has Kirby's symbol on it), Pikachu, and others).

Leave references to other games and other media for mods. At least mods are optional.

Isn't that what Firaxis is doing essentially, making a terrific expansion mod for the game.......

If I want numerous references and/or hat-tipping and/or shout-outs to other games, I would play a Super Smash Bros. game thank you (it has Mario, Link, Kirby (note my avatar, which has Kirby's symbol on it), Pikachu, and others).

Leave references to other games and other media for mods. At least mods are optional.
Playing WITHOUT mods is also optional! Feel free to use the day 1 mod someone will release which removes or renames the XCOM unit.

I must agree. We should not be forced to use mods that remove units, but I will take that mod if there are no other options.

We should not have to waste time making a mod. There should simply be an option to turn off the future units if we want. Then we can concentrate on playing the game without the haggle of changing things. I just hope they haven't added more than one future unit to the game. There are a boatload of other things they should fixed instead of using the time and energy to add that useless unit. I don't care what anyone says, it takes 4 of these things to kill a single GDR. The poor XCOM guys really die like flies. You should just build GDRs to take out GDRs. lol

Since when is ONE unit considered numerous? Comparing adding the XCOM Squad to the game being like Super Smash Bros now is just ridiculous.

Civilization is a game generally based on historical civilizations and units, but not so much that it presents 100% realism. You are playing as am immortal whatever, that is not only dictating research, city founding, military might, trade agreements, etc. Yeah, lost realism a ways back.

Frankly if I can launch a spaceship to another solar system for colonization purposes, then a GDR, or XCOM squad really is not far fetched. Which more or less shuts down the argument about there being no such unit. Then you also cannot send people to colonize another planet either.

Seriously, find something more constructive to complain about than ONE unit that doesn't fit YOUR style of play. It does not fit mine either, but like I said before now there is something to complement the GDR so it (the GDR) looks less out of place. On average, I rarely see a GDR anyhow, so I'm guessing a XCOM Squad is not gonna be as prolific either.

But hey, what do I know? I'm only playing a game where a spearman can blow up a tank. Total game breaker to see futuristic infantry right?. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom