Pandora: First Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks good. I'd love to know more about the differences between Pandora and Civilization from a Civ veteran's perspective, especially regarding the pace and the balance between economy and combats. I'm a bit concerned about the randomized tech tree and the "design your own units" thing. A good strategy game needs the gameplay to be reproducible enough so that you can assess your improvements, have the feeling to understand the game mechanics and eventually share your strategies with the community.

Another preview (in French):
http://www.jeux-strategie.com/actualites/unitaire/pandora-first-contact-est-la-14815/

Das24680 is doing a let's play. Check it out on youtube if you want to know more about pandora. I'm waiting on this one for now.

Linky link?

I am still of the opinion that SMAC and SMAX is better. Pandora is definitely a decent attempt to replicate the feel of SMAC, but it is missing alot. The factions seem silly, there are no secret projects/wonders to speak of. I just don't think it takes itself serious enough. I would've much rather perfered if a sequel to SMAC was made. :p Keep everything the way it is, maybe add something little fancy here and there, and give it a well deserved graphics upgrade. My opinion sounds elitist perhaps, but SMAC has that effect on me.

Pandora: First Contact has now been released. The game is similar to, but not the same as, SMACX. For this reason, please continue discussion of Pandora in this thread in the All Other Games subforum.

Moderator Action: Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom