Active players ?

It sounds somewhat like a scenario the old SL scenario designer Stefan Haartel, who was famous for his Ancient and Medieval Persian/Iranian-centred or, at least, -related scenarios may have relished in trying his hand at.
Interesting. Could you please point out some of those scenarios and where I might possibly find them? I would like to check them out. Thanks.

There's a bunch of them for download (though not all of them, I don't think) on the Scenario League Wiki, which has a link to it on a sticky thread on the SL sub-forum. Once there, just follow the author's name.

Thanks MPK. I found nearly half a dozen scenarios by Stefan Haartel, many with Persian themes. They are all for the "fantastic worlds" version of the game. Do they work with the classic/MGE version of Civ2?

I play one or two games each few months. Next one, this afternoon. The blame goes to starlifter and the 240 page guide mainly created by his posts.

Hi,

If anybody is still interested in multiplayer games (with simultaneous moves) it is possible to join this group on Hamachi: civ2/multi1
pass: civ2

If you're having trouble following Prof. Garfield's instructions or just want to make it easy for yourself you can buy Civ 2 with a DOSBox wrapper for $30 at http://www.allvideoclassicgames.com. It'll run on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10. I've gotten Civ 1 and four other games there and have been very happy. Support is excellent--he can tweak game config files to adjust window size, etc. No copyright/piracy issues because he sends the original game along with the DOSBox'd version on a separate CD. The site has a ton of old games for both Windows and Mac OSX.

I am still playing actively!

Not,is just vs AI.Civ II multiplayer is hard to play,no slots options,need more time to move all troops,etc,etc.

How does that work? I followed the link and found it confusing. It's multiplayer, right?

Welcome to CFC, Lilyblack.

Allow me to explain. Shortly after the beginning of every calendar month, we create a new Civ2 game and save it before making any moves. The save is then posted in a new thread. (Sometimes there are special rules as well.) All those interested download this save and start playing. The games can be played in either the classic or Multiplayer gold edition but they are always played in the single player mode.

Sooner or later someone starts a thread which is about the progress of that game (we call that the spoiler thread). So for every game, there are 2 threads. The game thread where we talk about everything prior to making a move, deadlines, extensions, scores, ... and the spoiler thread where we write about how our game turned out, what our goals were and how we achieved them, snapshots of our status at key points in the game, ...

This way of playing allows you to compare your style and abilities against other players. It is much more fun than playing solo and, hands down, the best way to master the game. GOTMs 177 and 178 are active now. GOTM 179 will be posted before the end of the week.

Hope to see you there soon.

Welcome to CFC, Lilyblack.

Allow me to explain. Shortly after the beginning of every calendar month, we create a new Civ2 game and save it before making any moves. The save is then posted in a new thread. (Sometimes there are special rules as well.) All those interested download this save and start playing. The games can be played in either the classic or Multiplayer gold edition but they are always played in the single player mode.

Sooner or later someone starts a thread which is about the progress of that game (we call that the spoiler thread). So for every game, there are 2 threads. The game thread where we talk about everything prior to making a move, deadlines, extensions, scores, ... and the spoiler thread where we write about how our game turned out, what our goals were and how we achieved them, snapshots of our status at key points in the game, ...

This way of playing allows you to compare your style and abilities against other players. It is much more fun than playing solo and, hands down, the best way to master the game. GOTMs 177 and 178 are active now. GOTM 179 will be posted before the end of the week.

Hope to see you there soon.
Wait! Download it? Where to? And can it go to Savd Games?

Every GOTM page have a save and a photo with starting position.Download that save and move the save in Civ II folder,after choose 'load game' and load that save.Good luck !

Top Bottom