The Civilization II HOF Thread!

Seems like I have no choice. I wasn't going to make it to the HoF yet, anyway. Thanks

As I recall, 4 years ago, Shadowdale did a (controversial) HOF game where he used food caravans to get a 26,000+ score. Its not in the HOF that I see, yet I see that the infamous FCT (Food Caravan Trick) is now acceptable at CFC GOTMs... so where is Shadowdale's game? :confused:

Shadowdale was found to have been cheating so his games were removed.
I remember that game being discussed at another site a long time ago, and there were problems with it. Still have it archived somewhere, and with some of his 0AD starts in the CFC GOTMs that provide amusement. His method of play was... unsound. :lol:

Still have it archived somewhere, and with some of his 0AD starts in the CFC GOTMs that provide amusement. His method of play was...
Some of his and other player's games are still in google/wayback machine places. Have you played GOTMs? If you like them (I see you are "new" here but know a bit, maybe a lurker?), then welcome to play GOTM 69 :D.

PS, And if Shadowdale reads any of this, I look forward to him playing too. Would be good to see him back. :)

Here's where my HOF games stands at 1854 AD. Just running food freight around to the cities to boost the population score.

Attachments

• DoM_HOF.jpg
    DoM_HOF.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 313
Where should we deliver our submissions?

I have one game at chieftain scoring 10520 points with a rating at 420% on the standard worldmap. It's nothing extreme or anything, but I've yet to see anybody scoring higher than 10k on the world map HoF.

Where should we deliver our submissions?

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ2/hof/

How to enter:
Play a game and try to get as high a score as possible, and one that will qualify in top ten of one of the categories. Randomly-generated maps or world maps are preferred, and do not use Advanced Starts nor Scenarios.

DO NOT CHEAT! If you use Cheat mode, a modified rules.txt file, or reload the game to achieve more desirable results from Villages, your game will NOT qualify for the Hall of Fame.

Save your game just BEFORE the game ends, either by conquest, spaceship, or 2020 retirement.

Send it in! Be sure to include the following information in your email:

the saved game

your name

difficulty level

your Civ2 version

map type (random, world, or custom map)

score and percentage rating

directions on how to finish the game

Also: Since the determination of "unwarranted advantages" is a time-consuming process, you are encouraged to include saved game files from earlier in the game (4000 bc, 1500 bc, 1 ad, and 1000 ad). You are also encouraged include a brief game log that highlights significant events in your game.

If you have any questions regarding HOF procedures, or to submit a game, contact the Civ II Staff.

Thanks fore replying. I did send the savegame(plus additional savegames) with the required information to that e-mail adress, but as I didn't get any reply I figured the adress might be dead.

Edit: Should I try sending it again? Or do you want me to simply post it here?

Thanks fore replying. I did send the savegame(plus additional savegames) with the required information to that e-mail adress, but as I didn't get any reply I figured the adress might be dead.

Edit: Should I try sending it again? Or do you want me to simply post it here?

I see. I got the e-mail with all the saves and the notes from the game. As time allows I'll try to get a HOF update done sometime.

Top Bottom