Regarding Gigaworld Maps Redux

RecurCivity

Chieftain
Rather than resurrect any of the old threads I've been hunting through, I thought I'd create a new thread. (Wasn't sure whether it should go here, Tech Support, or Scenario Creation, so hope it's okay here.)

I've been playing on a couple of giant maps that I like but would like to tweak. They each have dimensions of 128 x 254. I've downloaded and tried to use a couple different map editing utilities, including Mercator's TOT editor, but run into a dimensional difficulty, since the utilities each give 250 as the limit to either width or height. When I simply try to open one of these maps with a map editor, I get the error message that it's not a valid map file.

What am I missing?:confused:

Never mind! Answered my own question -- when I was a bit more awake! I was using an outdated Mercator map editor after following an old link, not the most recent 2.1 version. Still haven't used it yet, but the ReadMe file was reassuring.

For anyone in the future with the same question regarding opening and editing or creating truly giga gigamaps, here's the current link to Mercator's map editors, including the most recent: Map Edit Downloads, and this is the Read Me file associated with version 2.1.

Many thanks to Mercator for the fabulous utilities!

I was about to post the same solution, seeing as I had the same problem and had it solved by downloading the correct version of the editor (as per Catfish's advice in the ToTPP thread).

Now that it's solved, I'm only posting to ask if you could post the maps in this thread? Assuming they're world maps ofc. I'm making my own new Civ II world map and it's always nice to see new world maps for ideas on how to represent different terrains and areas, climates etc.

Sure thing! I'm new at this map editing, but I think it will be fun. In addition to tweaking the gigamaps I have (which I would credit, of course), I want to make a gigamap for the second part of the Extended Original game, if possible. After playing on giant maps, even the standard large earth maps feel very constricted. :lol:

Hello!

I too made a huge world map very detailed..... It's for sure the biggest map of civ2 for the shape of continents and oceans.

If you like to play on such maps would you be interested to play with me and a friend? We have a small group on Hamachi but we hope it will increase soon!

It's: civ2/multi1 pass: civ2

Could you post your map too, Yagoda? If it's not a closely guarded secret. :) Mind you, I might *unconsciously* copy some parts of existing maps for my own, but I haven't done any direct copying, as that would defeat the point of making a new map. The only areas I lifted directly from an existing map were Britain and Japan, and on this act I might be excused by the fact that it was my own smaller world map that I copied them from. ;)

When my map is finished (months down the line...), I would very much like to test it in multiplayer. I've never used Hamachi (or even know what it is), but I will look into it once my map is close to finishing. It will only work in Test of Time though, with the Test of Time Patch Project (ToTPP). I guess that might be a problem? I guess we'll see once I get there. Right now I'm busy irl, but in the next 6 months I should be able to finish the map... Possibly much sooner, but my 'drive' for making maps comes and goes -- I'll finish a continent in one day (and night :p), and then languish for months on end, hardly stomaching to look at the map.

I already tried to show a screenshot but I failed.... and same for the map....

Maybe I can send it to you by email and then you can post it on the forum?

When can you join the group? We play this week end with a friend.

I'm busy right now irl, and besides I mainly want to test my own map. I might join for other games though, but not for some time. I'll pm you when I have the time and interest.

I'll pm you my email address for posting the map -- although you should be able to attach the map file if you zip it up first. Just click on 'Go Advanced', and then on 'Manage Attachments' in the 'Additional Options' box beneath the post icons.

EDIT: here is Yagoda's map, and my own map (such as it is atm -- barely any area is totally finished) attached. I must say, Yagoda, that this map may be the best Civ II world map that I've ever seen, and I've seen most of them. :goodjob: How long did it take you to make it? Tbh I'm a little envious, and feel like my own map might be unnecessary/obsolete, given the accuracy and scope of your map. :p --Have you looked at the Test of Time Patch Project thread on this forum? If you used the systems that TheNamelessOne introduced in his mod (5 new terrain types + 10 new resource types; resources directly placeable on the map(!); can force AI to settle in specific places; navigable rivers; etc) and applied them to this map, I dare say it might be the ultimate Civilization II experience. :D Of course, it might be that you're mainly (or only) interested in multiplayer, and in any case this might be a pretty big task... But making the map must've already took you a very long time, so please consider it.

... I shudder to think of the length and breadth of a multiplayer game to be played on this map -- won't your units be obsolete long before they reach the enemy? :eek: And in any case such a game would take many days to finish. Can you save Civ II multiplayer games mid-game though? I've never played Civ II in multi, so I wouldn't know.

EDIT2: here is the screenshot of Yagoda's map that he also sent me:
Spoiler :

EDIT3: Btw Yagoda, what book or website did you use for the heights/rivers/terrain types of your map? They all seem very accurate. I'm struggling to find good references, especially online.

EDIT4: I count your map's size to be 144 x 226 = 32,544 tiles, while mine is 100 x 200 = 20,000 tiles. So yours is ~63 % larger than mine. :eek: It might account for some of the increased detail, but I must confess that I wouldn't have the patience to make such a big map *and* make it so accurate. :goodjob: I will still finish my map though, because I feel that this map is a bit *too* vast for my taste. But now that I look at your map and mine, I realize that the ideal size for me might actually lie somewhere in between. :mad: Well -- we will have to wait for someone else to make *that* map, as I won't be restarting mine at this point! :p

Attachments

• civilizationii.zip
    652.1 KB · Views: 299
  • GreizWorld (unfinished).7z
    4.5 KB · Views: 209
Umm, I *did*. I edited my post so you may not have noticed it. :)

Dammit, the more I look at Yagoda's map, the more it makes me wonder what I could do with that amount of real-estate. :mad: I can clearly see now that the scale of my map is a little 'off' when it comes to hills and mountains... On Yagoda's map they are actual terrain formations; on mine they're more 'representative' of a hilly or mountainous area. *sigh* You're not gonna make me restart my map at this point, Yagoda, are you, you evil man? :lol: Even if I do, I won't make the new map as big as yours though; since I'm cutting down on the size of the oceans, I figure something like 29,000 tiles might do. But it does appear a rather daunting task... You southern tip of Africa is almost as big as my *entire* Africa! :D

EDIT: I will wait for your reply on this, Yagoda, but if you're planning to update your map with the ToTPP features (as I discussed above), then maybe I could make a Europe map instead, to avoid redundant work (we already have one almost perfect giga-worldmap, so why make a new one?)? Unless of course you'll tell me next that you *also* have made a perfect map of Europe. ;) In that case I will wait for Civ VI and retire from map-making until then. :p

EDIT2: In all this excitement I lost track of the fact that RecurCivity has yet to post his map! :eek: Perhaps you forgot, or just meant to post it later? In any case here's a reminder, in case it's even better than Yagoda's map. :) (Really though there's good parts in almost any map. I still can't decide if I prefer Yagoda's Britain over my own... But in many areas there's a clear winner. Your Spain beat the snot out of my Spain until it fit into a square box, Yagoda! :lol: The best thing to do would be to combine the best parts of the various maps... But who's to be the arbiter on what is 'best'? And fitting them together seems like a pretty big logistic task. Perhaps in Civ VI they will make this easier somehow, although I'm not really holding my breath. So long as they'll include a map editor, I'll be happy enough. I find making maps to be more fun than playing the game at this point, although ToTPP, and perhaps also multiplayer might manage to change that yet.)

Hello,

Thanks for the flowers :D :D :D

Above all I must precise that I'm NOT a no life guy, never watch TV, don't have Facebook, no smartphone, and strictly only play Civ2 and never any other video game.... I changed this map sometime when I had the time..... I worked on it that way during 2/3 years.
I just truly think civ2 is like a "chess game" enough complicated and at the same playable quickly. And I played this game first time when I was a child (I'm 22 years old)
I'm just a bit frustrated that only few players are ready to join a multiplayer group.... I often play with one polish player but would be so interesting to start a 4 or 5 (and why not 7???) players game

This map is not so huge, only a small part can be colonized quickly, most of the map is made of deserts, hills, mountains, jungles, swamps. Only Europe, USA, Japan, Egypt, China and India are playable from the begining.

I too ALWAYS change the tech paradigm before a game.... something like 50/10 as a minimum but 100 or 120/10 is pretty good. That way you can play with every units and on every era. That is one of the most important point for me so I too changed the rules (I send them to you?) and added many units....
And Ai's are not allowed to remove swamps, jungles and...... forests!
And on such rules it takes 15 turns for a settler to remove a swamp or a jungle!

Wanna try a multiplayer game with me quickly on this map? :D
(of course we can save)

I made most part of the map but I haven't started it afresh, I took a large map with this nice scale and then enlarged and changed the shape of all continents , then every ressources and terrains (the original map was covered by hills and swamps, I think it was made to be mostly played in Europe.....),for exemple you'll find petroleum and coal on their real places, same for the rivers......etc I too decided to remove the Northern part of the map (that's why Iceland can't be properly placed) in order to enlarge Europe more than the rest of the world considering it's historical importance. Before it wasn't playable.

I spent an incredible time trying to find THE good shape for Japan and Spain especialy....

To build the general shape of this map I had a model, it's a 1970 map I found in Internet: http://www.emersonkent.com/images/world_1970.jpg
If you compare it with this playable map it's exactely the same thing :) I too used many topographic maps for mountain ranges and hills, climate and vegetation maps too. For exemple, when I wanted to change Angola or Turkey I had to look on all of these maps. But it's not so long when you like and already now very well geography!

PS: Yes I like BLUR :D

Hello,

Thanks for the flowers :D :D :D

Above all I must precise that I'm NOT a no life guy, never watch TV, don't have Facebook, no smartphone, and strictly only play Civ2 and never any other video game.... I changed this map sometime when I had the time..... I worked on it that way during 2/3 years.
I just truly think civ2 is like a "chess game" enough complicated and at the same playable quickly. And I played this game first time when I was a child (I'm 22 years old)
I'm just a bit frustrated that only few players are ready to join a multiplayer group.... I often play with one polish player but would be so interesting to start a 4 or 5 (and why not 7???) players game
Have you heard about a game called Freeciv? Iirc, it's a bit like Civ II in its rules, but it's specifically designed for multi-player. Might be that there's more players for it than standard Civ II. I didn't like the graphics though, when I looked at it some years ago. Maybe they've changed them since then, I wouldn't know.
This map is not so huge, only a small part can be colonized quickly, most of the map is made of deserts, hills, mountains, jungles, swamps. Only Europe, USA, Japan, Egypt, China and India are playable from the begining.

I too ALWAYS change the tech paradigm before a game.... something like 50/10 as a minimum but 100 or 120/10 is pretty good. That way you can play with every units and on every era. That is one of the most important point for me so I too changed the rules (I send them to you?) and added many units....
And Ai's are not allowed to remove swamps, jungles and...... forests!
And on such rules it takes 15 turns for a settler to remove a swamp or a jungle!
Ah. That explains things a bit. But still it must take days at least to finish a game on this map? Btw, please tell me that you don't use Caravans to generate most of your science in your games... I *hate* that gimmicky bit of micro-management. :mad: On a map like this their output would be something like ten thousand science (basically an entire tech from a single caravan), rendering all regular science production irrelevant. In the ToTPP, science can be eliminated from caravans, a real blessing imo.
Wanna try a multiplayer game with me quickly on this map? :D
(of course we can save)
I've never played multiplayer in Civ II, nor have I ever used Hamachi. Besides I'm meant to do some more baking this weekend (I'm studying to become a baker). It's a pity you didn't meet me ~6 months ago, when I had nothing to do but play games all day long.

Then there's the fact that I couldn't do anything but lose the game, as you've had plenty of practice, while I've had none. :p But it's not too bad, since I'm used to losing any multi-player games that I've tried, whether they be board-games or computer games.
I made most part of the map but I haven't started it afresh, I took a large map with this nice scale and then enlarged and changed the shape of all continents , then every ressources and terrains (the original map was covered by hills and swamps, I think it was made to be mostly played in Europe.....),for exemple you'll find petroleum and coal on their real places, same for the rivers......etc I too decided to remove the Northern part of the map (that's why Iceland can't be properly placed) in order to enlarge Europe more than the rest of the world considering it's historical importance. Before it wasn't playable.
I did the same for my small world map. I even re-generated the map seed until I had enough 'right' resources in the right places (wine in France and Italy, Oil in Arabia, etc). The ToTPP eliminates this annoyance, since it allows you to place resources manually. It's also no longer necessary to adhere to the automatic 'grid pattern' that is used on all regular Civ II maps (only 4 resources are possible in one city under this system). You really should look into updating your map with the ToTPP, if you want to make it truly the best possible. I'm not sure how you feel about it, but it's also possible to disable the death of all units in the same tile if one of them dies, with ToTPP. Whether this would be good for multiplayer remains to be tested, but at least for regular play (vs AIs) it's a huge boon (imo).

To build the general shape of this map I had a model, it's a 1970 map I found in Internet: http://www.emersonkent.com/images/world_1970.jpg
If you compare it with this playable map it's exactely the same thing :) I too used many topographic maps for mountain ranges and hills, climate and vegetation maps too. For exemple, when I wanted to change Angola or Turkey I had to look on all of these maps. But it's not so long when you like and already now very well geography!
I see. That does look like a nice map, especially in that it clearly delineates between different elevations, making it easy to place hills and mountains. I also found some real nice Nasa images that might be good for making a new world map, or a map of Europe. They kill my ****ty laptop though; even opening them is too much. :mad::p I will have to wait until I update my computer in January, or just work on the new map once I'm back at my apartment in another city (with a better computer). Of course I could just use the map you posted, but tbh to make two maps based on the same image is too redundant imo.

--I might have some time to play next week, or on the next weekend. I will send you a pm to notify you if that is the case. In the meantime could you give your opinion on the ToTPP, and whether you've considered using its new features on your map? Think about it: five new terrains and 10 new resources... Placed anywhere you want! :eek: No stack kills, and rivers that can actually be navigated (no more need for 'lake-rivers' in the Amazon and the Kongo etc)... TheNamelessOne is also adding more and more features to the project every day! More units is high up on his to-do list... And who knows, maybe more improvements or wonders might be possible some day (although he warns not to get our hopes up).

Hi,

Yes already tried once free civ and hate the graphics! And no way to edit the rules!

No science is always slow even for me who always try to be the best economic power. If you send a caravan from London to Shanghai you can win something like 500 gold and +7 trade and science for your city. It won't give you a tech with a such paradigm! You'll have to wait 20 turns (or more).
And games are not so long.... it really depends. We actually mostly play in Eurasia; South America is covered by swamps and jungles and far from Europe, Africa too poor, Australia poor and far away, south east asia covered by swamps and jungles you can only remove on 15 turns! Canada is covered by forests and too cold, same for Siberia, Tibetan mountains, arabia and Central asia can't be really colonized......
Check the "analyse map" option of your editor, it will tells you there are not enough arable lands.

This TOT project seems very interesting..... I tried TOT but always failed to start the scenarios proposed by the scenario league.... Do you have the game?
What exe. file I especialy need to place the new terrains and ressources?

No, New world map is the only one map I made. I too know a nice map of Europe if you want.

Here is the link for Hamachi, just register quickly and we can chat sometimes without starting any game ;-)
https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=..._5DiZ15h7HWmQiA8g&sig2=iXC3Rw9IxSOAJY_9m8Fe9Q

Could you post that Europe map you know? Just so I won't start to make a new map and then find out that someone's already done a better job. :p

How many cities do you usually have in your games, per player? Is the game usually decided by warring, or by space victory?

The placing of the resources is a bit tricky in ToTPP. Basically you can only place them within the game, so you have to make the map into a 'scenario'. There are keyboard shortcuts for it though, something like Ctrl+K and some other command to delete the resource that I don't remember. It's all in the ToTPP thread, or possibly also in the Readme for the project. You do need Test of Time to install ToTPP though; I got mine from Amazon.com for something like 14 euros. You may find it for free somewhere, but such things are not supposed to be discussed on these forums.

Note that Test of Time by default has horrible graphics; the worst Civ graphics that I've seen by far. It looks like someone took Civ III, cut the resolution in half and then poured a can of motor oil on your screen! :D This problem can be rectified with Catfish's excellent mod for ToT, which restores the ordinary MGE graphics. It might also be that your custom Terrain files will work with the game as-is, but iirc there was some problem with the dimensions being different in ToT as opposed to MGE. Anyway, it can be made to look (almost) identical to MGE, with a little bit of work and figuring it out.

My oh my -- the wilderness on your map sure is wild! :eek: Now that I've studied the map with a view on potential settling sites, with the rules changes in mind (15 turns to clear most inhospitable terrains), I begin to see what you meant about playing mostly in Europe and Asia. Tbh I'm a little saddened by how unviable some starting locations are compared to others -- I know you're from France (or a French-speaking country), but making France almost all hills and river grasslands while such an unknown little state as the United States of America gets mostly swamp and forest is a little, ahem, biased maybe. :p Also, I like to play as Russia, and on this map it seems like a losing proposition from the get-go -- Moscow is simply not a viable starting location, and moving the Settler doesn't bring up any better terrain anywhere in the near vicinity. China seems ridiculously overpowered, too, with its vast valleys of shielded river grasslands and hilly terrain, and Silks for commerce/science production as well. :eek:

Etc. I may sound a bit harsh, but wouldn't it be more nice if all or at least most starting locations would be balanced for multi-player, since that is what you made this map for? Or is it simply the case that you like everyone starting in Europe and being close to each other, and want to discourage colonization since games could potentially take forever if someone's colonized, say, entire Australia (assuming it was made much more fertile)?

EDIT: If I played on the map as-is, I'd like to try maybe the Sioux (to see if America is viable after all... I've got a few plans hatching ;)), or Persia or maybe Germany. China might be a little too easy; although it's balanced a little by the fact that it takes a long time to meet AIs for tech-trading from there (assuming ofc that the AIs are enabled in the first place; I'm not sure what your policy is on this front). EDIT: takes even longer for the Sioux... They start far from the coast, too. And Triremes can sink in this game! :eek: Oh well. Who said it's easy to conquer Europe from Chippewa Falls? :lol:

Along with that Europe map, could you send me the Rules.txt of your world map? I'll need it in any case if we are to play a game on the map; I'd like to study the rules in advance, to see how they differ from regular Civ II rules so that there won't be unpleasant surprises when we do play the game. I'll try and make room in my schedule for it... I am intrigued by the thought of playing a game on this map, regardless if it's perfect or not.

Actualy never had any problem with the unbalanced starting locations..... if you you start as Russia I usually give you more settlers than if you started with France (yes I live in Lyon). Already played several games as russians and americans and always build powerfull states. They too have some advantages like huge territory to conquer. France, Spain, Germany, UK, India and China will be obviously the first powers at the begining but after all isn't realistic?
So France will stay small but powerfull at the begining and then, later in the game, russians if they expanded enough will be so far better.
And obviously never start a game with 1 player in Europe, 1 in India, 1 in China and others elsewhere...... If we play with France you'll always have Spain and Germany and UK.
I made this map for colonization games. Before great explorations of europeans (and chinese too in Indian Ocean) east coast of USA was covered by forests and swamps. Just realistic.
Clean others parts of the world of their swamps and forests like if the world was in the XX century while you start at bronze age is simply a mistake.

And Moscow can be the biggest city of the map..... let me start as russians and you germans :)

Actualy never had any problem with the unbalanced starting locations..... if you you start as Russia I usually give you more settlers than if you started with France (yes I live in Lyon).
Ah. You mean you edit the map before we start, to give one extra Settler to Russia? Or is it done after we start the game via the Cheat menu something? I've never played Civ II multiplayer so I'm totally in the dark here. Imo an extra Settler might swing the other way and be too drastic of a benefit... :crazyeye: Two for Germany, three for Russia might be balanced. But it's been a long time since I played Civ II, so we'll go with whatever you allocate (assuming we play those two civs).

Already played several games as russians and americans and always build powerfull states. They too have some advantages like huge territory to conquer. France, Spain, Germany, UK, India and China will be obviously the first powers at the begining but after all isn't realistic?
So France will stay small but powerfull at the begining and then, later in the game, russians if they expanded enough will be so far better.
Thing is though, the French will use their early advantage to conquer Russia (or weaken it and prevent its eventual rise to hegemony). Defense is easier than attacking though, so maybe it's not the walk in the park that I envision it to be. Napoleon, anyone? ;) (It's a pity that the Russian winter is not modeled in Civ!)

And obviously never start a game with 1 player in Europe, 1 in India, 1 in China and others elsewhere...... If we play with France you'll always have Spain and Germany and UK.
You mean because then it's a case of your Musketeers meeting their Infantries, by the time they manage to trek across the map? Even with 7 times as expensive techs, I can see that happening, so I do understand this rule. But that said it would be truly *epic* to have a grand battle between a massive America and China, etc. :D

I made this map for colonization games. Before great explorations of europeans (and chinese too in Indian Ocean) east coast of USA was covered by forests and swamps. Just realistic.
Clean others parts of the world of their swamps and forests like if the world was in the XX century while you start at bronze age is simply a mistake.
Imo, gameplay >> realism (note: not > or >>>). So I understand your point, but imo some compromises could be made. Like giving Washington some river grasslands instead of swamps and tundra(?!). (Since tundra looks like forests on your map, I suspect that its stats have been altered? EDIT: I see that they have. Not sure how logical it is that Deserts and Mountains cannot be mined but Tundra forests can... But at least it makes some areas more viable for settlement.) Most of the swamps and forests could remain, but some more fertile areas could be added, regardless if they really were there at that time or not. It takes units 50 years to move one tile in the beginning, so the realism of the game can never be perfect, in any case. Ofc it is your map and if ultimate (terrain) realism trumps all gameplay considerations for you, then so be it. :)

I wonder, how viable is colonization if everyone starts in Europe? Every settler and troop that you send overseas could instead go towards military to protect your lands, or better yet conquer those of your neighbors'! The rewards of European conquest would be bigger and more immediate and serve a blow to your enemies at the same time. Whereas clearing all that swamp will take a long time, and your main cities might already be conquered by the time New York or Cape Town is ready to do some heavy lifting. I suppose we'd have to actually play a game to know for sure though... But I strongly suspect that direct conquest would be better.

EDIT2: I see that you have nerfed Communism (palace distance modifier is no longer infinite); was this really necessary, given the massive advantages of Democracy and Republic already (although they may be worse in multiplayer; I wouldn't know)? I do like the nerf to Fundamentalism though; that government has always felt too powerful for me, once you have enough cities and troops to get your science through conquest from thereon. But then you also nerfed the Riot Factor from 14 to 12 -- on such a huge map?! :dubious: How many cities can you have before black faces start to show up? I'd think it'd be better to *raise* the Riot factor to something like 20 or 30, to allow for more sprawling empires. I mean, what is the point of having such a huge map, if you're not going to build many, many cities? I guess it's not too much of a problem though, as the screenshot of Russia seems to indicate. And a level 36 Moscow! :eek: Of course it is all Grassland once you change a few terrains, so it is well possible. There's not a lot of good production though (only Forests), and in the beginning you'll only have a few grasslands -- while e.g. the Persian capital will have two good food/production resources, and plenty of Hills around. I'll take your word for it though, or you can play as Russia in our first game to demonstrate. :D

Btw, in case I want to play as the Sioux -- will you then take Aztecs or America? If everyone will have to be close to each other, as you said? The Aztecs at least are very hard to play, if not unviable; the food is simply not enough in their capital, and their choice of places to expand is pretty dismal as well. For some reason there are no rivers in Central America... And clearing all those jungles will take a long time. I notice that you also upped the time it takes to farm Plains tiles; it takes double the time for Grassland. Imo there's no need for such a drastic change, since it will further nerf the already inferior Plains-filled territories.

... The more I think of this, the more I realize it might be the case that I'm giving too much thought to individual cities in terms of imperial power. The last Civ that I played a good amount was Civ V, and in that game you only make 5 cities in a game, or 10 in a 'big' game for the most part -- a pathetic amount compared to Civ II. While I do seem to recall that a good starting place is important in Civ II as well, perhaps it's not the be-all and end-all. We shall see when we play a test-game! :D Right now I'm too busy, but I'll try and get some work done tomorrow, so that we can maybe play the day after that. No promises though. And our Civ versions might conflict somehow... What version of Civ II are you running? It is MGE (Multiplayer Gold Edition), correct? Do you know of a way to see the version number? Mine has a patch installed that enables play on 64-bit systems; you might have to install it as well so that our games can 'talk' to each other.

EDIT3: I've attached Yagoda's map & mod to this post; the file also contains two more screenshots (cannot be bothered to upload them to imgur right now :p).

Attachments

• recivilizationii.7z
    848.1 KB · Views: 257
Americans starts with Philadelphia as first capital. I thought it would be more realistic to let them build Washington after all....

Yes with the cheat options you can change the number of settlers, paradigm....etc and then save as scenario.

No, no Moscow is on a valuable place :)
And yes I can take Russia on our future next games! До победы товарищ! За мировая революция конечно!

Ah yeah it's a mistake if the "taïga" terrain can be mined sorry :D
(you should remove it from the rules you sent on the forum)
Deserts can't be irrigated now, units only move once there.
Moutains can't be mined but gives one food and one shield.

And yes we should have a try and you'll see game is not so unbalanced and distances not annoying but make the game more interesting!

Top Bottom