The East Indies

I just downloaded the version 2.11, and I came across a bug. The Europe and Revolution buttons don't seem to work. Even the F2 and F3 functions, respectively, don't work for those.

I have the same issue. I thought it might have been some sort of modification to not let you see what was available in Europe unless you have a ship there, but I sent a ship to Europe, its telling me I have a ship waiting at the docks but it won't let me use the Europe screen!

Has anyone else run into this issue!?

ADDENDUM: This happened playing as New China, which I prefer to play because of their food bonus. I'll try an actual European civ to see if that makes a difference ...

ADDENDUM 2: Playing as New Denmark, I had no problem accessing the Europe screen.

Further, there were no "Europe" sea squares I could see when I was playing New China; this stumped me but when I had my ship try to sail to Europe, it instantly vanished so I thought that might have been some sort of modification. However, the European sea squares do show up playing as New Denmark.

I will try playing several games as Europe and China to see if this "Europe" bug is repeatable.

I have tested every civ several times and found Denmark to be the ONLY civ with a king! All the others (British, Chinese, Dutch, French, Burghal, Portuguese) do not have a king in the players list, the Europe sea squares are invisible and there is no access to a Europe screen. I have replicated this time and time again, and re-confirmed that Danish East Indies loads a king each time, has visible Europe sea squares and regular access to the Europe screen.

I have also found that when playing as a non-Danish civ and encountering the Danes, there is no music or text on their greeting message.

It would be hard for me to believe only one other person has encountered this problem.

I have tested every civ several times and found Denmark to be the ONLY civ with a king! All the others (British, Chinese, Dutch, French, Burghal, Portuguese) do not have a king in the players list, the Europe sea squares are invisible and there is no access to a Europe screen. I have replicated this time and time again, and re-confirmed that Danish East Indies loads a king each time, has visible Europe sea squares and regular access to the Europe screen.

I have also found that when playing as a non-Danish civ and encountering the Danes, there is no music or text on their greeting message.

It would be hard for me to believe only one other person has encountered this problem.

That is very strange, I just tried a few different civ's on different maps and all seems to be fine. When I press f2 or f3 I get the right screens. There is a king that I can talk to and there are europe squares on the map. Maybe you don't have the most recent update (or I don't) ?

Edit: I have 1.01f

??? I have 2.12.

I play on the largest map on Marathon setting.

On further testing, it only happens on Colossal sized maps. Giant and smaller has a king and Euro sea squares.

Very strange that the Colossal sized map gives only Denmark a king. I wonder what causes this.

Yes, I do

I have no idea why from the two map sizes I added, colossal doesn't work but giant does. I've removed it from the next version which will be ready in 2 weeks or so.

Download link on The East Indies 2.13 file doesn't work. Could you please fix this error or give the direct link to your file. Thank you in advance.

Maybe add a volcano as a terrain feature? Is that possible? Krakatoa is a spectacular example of the volcanoes of the East Indies :)

Hi, CivLucas!

This Indonesia map (184x104) seems to be very close to what you want, except India. I think we could add India, but it will be a very huge map - about 230x104. Do you have enough tribes to settle such a map? :)

I have no idea why from the two map sizes I added, colossal doesn't work but giant does. I've removed it from the next version which will be ready in 2 weeks or so.
You have to add some lines to map scripts (not New World, but Caribbean and FaireWeather for sure) in order to use more World sizes.

Check my changes in Caribbean.py as a template.

Code:
from CvPythonExtensions import *
import CvUtil
import CvMapGeneratorUtil
import random
import sys
from math import sqrt
from CvMapGeneratorUtil import FractalWorld
from CvMapGeneratorUtil import TerrainGenerator
from CvMapGeneratorUtil import FeatureGenerator

###===NM=====Extra World Sizes=1/2======0=== 
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_XXL=WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_HUGE+1
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_GIANT=WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_XXL+1
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_ULTRA=WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_GIANT+1
###===NM=====Extra World Sizes=1/2======X=== 

def getDescription():
	return "TXT_KEY_MAP_SCRIPT_CARIBBEAN_DESCR"

def isAdvancedMap():
	"This map should show up in simple mode"
	return 0

def getWrapX():
	return False
def getWrapY():
	return False

def getGridSize(argsList):
	"Reduce grid sizes by one level."
	grid_sizes = {
		WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_TINY:		(40,24),
		WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_SMALL:		(52,32),
		WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_STANDARD:	(64,40),
		WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_LARGE:		(84,48),
###===NM=====Extra World Sizes=2/2======0=== 
		WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_HUGE:		(104,64),
		WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_XXL:		(140,88),
		WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_GIANT:		(180,120),
		WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_ULTRA:		(240,150)
###===NM=====Extra World Sizes=2/2======X=== 
	}

Thanks for the Indonesia map, it's great. :D I haven't added any Indian natives so I could already start with a scenario. But one with India would be cooler (because a lot of the colonies-leaders are from India). There are 8 natives so far and was planning on 7 more. Do you think that'll be enough?
I could even add Aborigines seeing that Australia is on the map ;)

When ever I try to extract the 2.12 file to the Mod folder or anywhere else the file freezes. Is there anything I can do, or is 2.13 already available to DL? Haven't checked the above link yet.

Two maps are ready to be used in the mod :)

1. Giant 215x108. I merged India and Indonesia maps. Unfortunately India turned out to be downscaled. Anyway, take a look at it.

2. Standard 53x32 (cut from Carter's World Map)

Attachments

• eastindies_maps.rar
    61.8 KB · Views: 120
Awesome! thank you really much :D I'm going to Spain today so it'll take a while before it can be implemented. I still need to figure out the scenario thing though. Is it hard to place the native cities?

Top Bottom