Installing Civ Gold 4.0 for BTS

Monitor646

Chieftain
Ok, I am sorry if this is in the wrong catagory, and if I am a completle idiot. Can someone please give me a clear, easy to understand text tutorial on this? I use the .exe and nothing shows up. I drag and drop the folder and I get the proper menu but non of the civs or units and when i meet new civs in game it says things like LEADER_DEL - so one so forth... Plus upon loading into a game I get a string of error messages.

Ok, I am sorry if this is in the wrong catagory, and if I am a completle idiot. Can someone please give me a clear, easy to understand text tutorial on this? I use the .exe and nothing shows up. I drag and drop the folder and I get the proper menu but non of the civs or units and when i meet new civs in game it says things like LEADER_DEL - so one so forth... Plus upon loading into a game I get a string of error messages.

When you double-click the EXE, it attempts to install the mod automatically to the default CIV IV location. If you changed the default location, it won't install the files correctly.

After double-clicking the EXE, you'll see a dialogue box with an install path. If you didn't change the location when you installed CIV IV, don't change the path that appears.

Ok, I did this. I can get to the CIV Gold menu, but even if I deal with the caching issues (tweaking the config files), I get the same old civs, nothing new.

It seems like you did everything right. The only thing that is missing is an official Firaxis patch. As you have just joined CFC, I assume you also have just installed BTS. The CIV Gold mod needs at least BTS 3.13 to run "out-of-the-box".

Start BTS and from the main menu go to Advanced -> Check for Updates and download the latest patch 3.17.

Okay, so i executed the mod and it doesn't show up. so i created the folder CIV Gold and executed in there. the mod shows up in game and when i try to play earth 1862, which needs the mod, the game loads saying i have been defeated.

Okay, so i executed the mod and it doesn't show up. so i created the folder CIV Gold and executed in there. the mod shows up in game and when i try to play earth 1862, which needs the mod, the game loads saying i have been defeated.

Don't create a folder. The install does it automatically, so you'll end up with an extra "layer" that will cause problems.

Just double-click the exe and choose the folder for BtS/Mods.

Afterwards, make sure modular loading = 1 in the BtS _Civ4.ini file.

Hi,

so another complete idiot here:)

The Game is installed here:

F:\civ4\Beyond the Sword

The Mod I install here:

F:\civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

After running the game nothing happens.

Could I ask for any help?

PS. Just to mention - modular loading IS 1 and CIV Gold folder is NOT repeated:)

Top Bottom