The Silly Good Start Thread

I find on most maps, its best to relocate your palace anyway. So opening location with loads of food is still better.

Ideal start:

Riverside plains hill Stone to settle on :)

Several food resources that can easily be improved. Preferably wet Corn, but if I start with Fishing, then maybe seafood... or if I start with Hunting, at least one Deer... you get the idea.

1 or 2 Gold or Gems for the quick Commerce boost.

Lots of trees to chop.

Ocean access for commerce (but only 2-3 tiles in the BFC please).

Room enough to expand to at least 2-3 more decent sites.

Too greedy? :crazyeye:

That's just an average start.

Mec AntiKythera: You obviously use neither Map Finder nor World Builder. :rolleyes:

I find on most maps, its best to relocate your palace anyway. So opening location with loads of food is still better.
Funny, I haven't relocated my palace in so long that I forgot that it was an option. :lol:

First time in ages I didnt need to use Worldbuilder! No marble though, but I'm only building the oracle for MC > Engi bulb > Eletreb.

Spoiler :

Well I just realised I didnt need to move the settler that far East and could have shared the food, restarting.

Much better locations for the first two cities, and I might not even need to war because I got a +3 relations with Boudica event and might have more room past the NW choke point to settle.

Spoiler :

Just started up a new game, prince large fractal map with 15 civs. Randomly rolled Augustus Caesar. Bfc 2 wet corn, 1 grass hill pig, 1 clam, 11 forest 3 of them plains,3 forest grass hill, 1 forest plain hill and city location is plains hill, and a couple river tiles. No tech yet, so not sure what if any resources will spawn.

another diety quecha rush game:

why am i researching fishing... that was a misclick... :p

@Nate45:
Crikey you're close to Zara there, did you explore a few turns with your Settler solely to find the plains hill or is this just a tiny map?

I thought the closest enemy Capitols spawned were about 8 tiles away (standard size maps).

Silly overpowered Incans :D

@Nate45:
Crikey you're close to Zara there, did you explore a few turns with your Settler solely to find the plains hill or is this just a tiny map?

I thought the closest enemy Capitols spawned were about 8 tiles away (standard size maps).

Silly overpowered Incans :D

It's standard pangaea with the usual 7 civs.

And that's no plains hill, it's actually a desert hill with stone :crazyeye:

I always explore a bit with my starting settler when I play inca's until i find an AI to settle near... makes eventual maintenance costs lower. Also, settlers run faster than quecha's, so the rush is actually faster assuming i'm going in the proper direction...

This game was mostly zara being stupid... He defended both his ciites with only one archer each, and between his cities was a random archer + worker + settler stack which I happily attacked and took two workers from. His 4th archer was wandering around south of gondar, not close enough to re-enforce the city or retake the cap, so i just ignored it and it disappeared when he got eliminated.

Found this in my pictures folder:

Sid's Sushi, anyone?

Deity, Catherine, Continents:

Could make for a fun game because...

Spoiler :
There's a decent city location with Stone nearby.

On the other hand...

Spoiler :
On Deity, the three other AI on your continent have room to easily expand to 10-11 cities each while you are left with four or five.

Save attached.

Attachments

• Silly Start 1.jpg
    Silly Start 1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 483
  • Deity Cathy the farmer start.CivBeyondSwordSave
    81.3 KB · Views: 35
I get excited with lots of food when playing a phi leader, otherwise I'd rather have flat tiles for cottages... of course I always end up getting coastal starts with phi leaders and massive food wet corn starts with fin leaders...of course

Thanks for the thread. :goodjob:

I get excited with lots of food when playing a phi leader, otherwise I'd rather have flat tiles for cottages... of course I always end up getting coastal starts with phi leaders and massive food wet corn starts with fin leaders...of course

Coastal often has the highest concentration of food for a start, see the examples in this thread. But if you get coastal without good seafood with a philosophical leader I can see your disappointment.

High food starts are good for any leader, you don't need to be PHI to make GPs.

Top Bottom