mod correspondance

yourmatthew999

Chieftain
as the ri text mentioned, i am very interested in being part of the contribution team
unfortunately all ive got is ideas (and a lot of them) but no current skills beyond
xml modification.
also, to begin with, as progress is slow for me with actual program modification i'm looking for a mod building partner either way for my/our own project
if anyone who has good (python etc) knowledge wants to work with me.
basically i have a ton of ideas and have already found some ways of reworking the
'combat' system on my own, but can only handle the basic xml part of the 'programming'.
so far with my humble fledgling xml knowledge ive been able to make ranged units fire without being melee'd on (bombardment basically)
but there a lot of other ideas i'm trying to incorporate that seem limited with just the xml
i'd like very much to discuss some of the ideas with the ri team,
and am in the meantime interested in (my) own ambitious dual-credit
mod project with a capable python or beyond level modder
alright yeh so get back to me on it :)

Hey there!

It's always nice to see new people with a lot of enthusiasm, especially since after Civ 5 release things cooled down a tad in Civ 4 modding department.

Unfortunately I'm not the person to talk to regarding programming stuff (Python or elsewhere), as my skills there are extremely limited. I mainly concern myself with XML and all the graphical stuff in RI. If you ever feel you need advice on modding art assets, just feel free to ask away.

As far as ideas are concerned... Well, here's the deal. Truth be said, we are already overstocked on ideas - we have ideas for years ahead of hard modding work. The thing we don't have is the manpower to implement all these ideas; we're especially lacking in the department of programming power - we have one very good guy, but his time is extremely limited, and while he's a wizard when he does his thing, there is only so much one person can do.

So the path I suggest you take is starting up your own mod, or a modmod of RI - feel free to take any assets you want from us (with proper credit of course).

thank you much hono(u)rable RI sir :)
yes civ iv definately is not the latest
even though it seems to have been the the 'king' of modded versions
and truthfully i would miss it if nobody was using it anymore for a more current version.
i appreciate very much the opportunity to use the ri mod for my own project(s)
i certainly wouldn't want to just 'lift' it : \ but i have to admit with my limited programming (outside of old BASIC :) for
retro pc's :)) that
i certainly could use the units, graphics, ~ and indeed the reworked combat system.
i still have a "ton" of combat system ideas, in fact i had thought of the 'surround' bonus
system before i realized that 'cavemen' had already used it :) the idea being more than
one unit attacking from different directions should get a bonus
that combat ai concept had in fact shown itself in the past in hex-map military games
it was part of the exact system in fact i had played of the 'ardennes offensive' pc game i used to have on cd.
so after a lot of amateur dabbling (obsessing) with my limited solo mods, i saw the ri mod and realized that i wanted to present to the ri team a bunch of ideas
example, the 'flank' attack (something different than
the way it is used in bts and that should get a bonus too if possible), and a sort of first-time 'ambush' attack (possible temporary invisibility while hiding in forest or jungle?)
that is the tip of the iceburg and why i thought i could contribute
but maybe theres already enough ideas to work on
thank you for replying and "see" you on RI i guess : ) (even though im using a 32-bit system right now :p
i totally love the Invictus mod !! :)

Top Bottom