BtS installs affecting non-BtS pitboss games?

IglooDame

Enforcing Rule 34
Supporter
Retired Moderator
I just got a report that someone who installed BtS (in Australia, store-bought, it isn't a pirated copy) found that it had 'upgraded' the vanilla and Warlords installs on his PC and he was unable to log into a vanilla pitboss game getting a 'version mismatch' (his vanilla install was reporting itself as version 1.74).

If anyone else encounters this, please post your experiences here as it could have a significant impact on a lot of MP games going on.

that's what you get when you install a game before America does :lol:

Captain Obvious said:
@TR, it is going to affect you also.
I'm not a moron CH. But thanks for pointing out the obvious

Aussie with BtS said:
I'll just have played it for at least 50 hours by the time America does, so I don't really care.
yeah yeah.. I'm envious.. that make you feel better. :p

So that would mean that I should wait awhile since this will be a major headache then.

@TR, it is going to affect you also.

Firaxis should release a patch for Warlords soon, so waiting until then would probably be best (if you don't want it right away)

yeah yeah.. I'm envious.. that make you feel better. :p

At least you can admit that you only said it because you don't have it. :mischief:

The patches for Warlords and vanilla Civ4 should have been released at the same time as BTS, but unfortunately due to some miscommunication they were not. They will be released as soon as possible.

Sorry about that.

Alexman,

could you divulge some of the changes in the new patches or point us to where that info would be located?

The patches for Warlords and vanilla Civ4 should have been released at the same time as BTS, but unfortunately due to some miscommunication they were not. They will be released as soon as possible.

Sorry about that.

No worries, thanks for the response. :)

Can you tell us what kind of timeframe "ASAP" entails? If it is "next few days" we can just keep pitboss games down for a few days, but if it is "a week or more" then there's going to be a lot of dual-installs happening...

I got this patch update (for Warlords) popup too, but for some reason it blocks my computer from installing the BtS expansion.
The Harddrive works for awhile, but suddenly the install screen disappears and that's it.

Any advice on how I can circumvent this popup and install the expansion?

Do you have steam or direct2drive version of warlords? (or localized version of warlords)

I expect BtS fails to patch one of those versions, and you would need the patch from steam or direct2drive..

However.. since you have problems with warlords, and not vanilla, then you can simply backup the mods dir of warlords, and uninstall warlords..
Then BtS will instead install the non mod version of warlords for you already patched.

BtS will not work properly with warlords 2.08 btw.. it needs some of the patched files (though the problems will mostly just be graphical)

BtS will not work properly with warlords 2.08 btw.. it needs some of the patched files (though the problems will mostly just be graphical)

Perhaps the problem is that I have a test version (with higher patch number) of Warlords. He finds its a higher version then expected (2.08) and stops on it.

Guess I need to desinstall warlords then. :(

Perhaps the problem is that I have a test version (with higher patch number) of Warlords. He finds its a higher version then expected (2.08) and stops on it.

Guess I need to desinstall warlords then. :(

I'm running a dual install with the test patches on the "copy". Looks like when BTS comes out I'll have to turn my "copy" into the 61/08 version until HOF catches up. :crazyeye:

Yeah, just desinstalled the "higher-then-208" version of Warlords on my comp, and it installed just fine.

Btw, the test version of Warlords was the "regular" one, so to speak. My 208 version was the copy.
So if you did it the other way around you might be okay.

The test patches would do it yes :)

Btw.. both the vanilla and the Warlords patch is available on gamespy now (just do a check for updates to download it)

Top Bottom