Gary's Poser Unit Creation Thread and Workshop

Gary Childress

Student for and of life
I'm gearing up now for what I hope will be some major unit production. My subject will be almost exclusively World War II era units from around the world.

I beefed up my unit a little by adjusting the main camera. On the left is what I originally started out with and on the right is my new unit after the camera adjustment.

How do you get clothing to fit onto the morphed civ-scale Mike?

I believe you select the clothing figure and then apply the civ-scale-morph pose to the clothing figure as well.

I've compared him heightwise to PDM units, and he's only about 4 pixels taller than them, so he should fit in quite well actually!

I've compared him heightwise to PDM units, and he's only about 4 pixels taller than them, so he should fit in quite well actually!

It is not just the height, but the width. He will look very much like starvin' Marvin compared to the rest of the units.

I don't see where my unit looks anymore like "starvin marvin" than the original Firaxis units. It looks to me like they are very close in size. My unit may be a shade taller.

3 pixels is a "lot"? :confused:

EDIT: And the left leg of my guy is one pixel larger than the left leg of the Firaxis guy. His waist is a pixel smaller but he's also wearing a shirt, not a jacket which the Firaxis unit is.

Perhaps you could drop him those few pixels and see if it makes a difference? :)

Well, in the above compare image he is 3.5 pixels taller 84.5 vs 81, 3.5 pixels is a fair bit when it is 4.5% taller, Plus m3 is not upright (in the default position) but at an angle. straighten him out and he is taller still.
Next look at the ankles to see the thickness difference. The default is 2 pixels while M3 is 1.

So 4-6% taller, and far thinner = a tall starvin marvin.

You can vary the height and weight of your units some. I did it with my Norseman. I had him maybe 1 pixel or so taller, and I bulked him up (thicker muscles). So, I am not saying variety is bad. I am saying do it on purpose not because it is convenient.

Top Bottom