SGOTM2 Germany - Team Kuningas

mad-bax

Deity
GOTM Staff
SGOTM2 Game Thread

Welcome to your game thread for SGOTM2-Germany

Here is the start position.

Each team has their own save file. Please download and play from the correct save. If you use the wrong save the server will not accept your submission. Also, please make sure that the software version is correct. PM me immediately if it is not.

You can download your save file >>HERE<<.

The Roster
Bede
conehead234
grs
Kuningas
t.neo
wotan

Welcome everyone.

Conehead. We lost Akots, Scoutsout and I.Larkin. Was that team too powerfull. :(

Our first thing is to decide if we want any variants and the play roster. I don't want to play first as I did in SGOTM1.

I think a Green Laurel would look nice in the kitchen alongside the Wooden Spoon.

Please put me last in the roster as I won't have game or 'net access till Wednesday and you may have to skip in the first round, anyway. Sorry, but my daughter is graduating from college, and I will be there...

And who needs the Three Musketeers when we have Panzers?

I haven't played enough GOTM to fully understand the Jason scoring but it seems to reward the fastest finish. What about going for rapid conquest..archer rush the closest neighbor(s), beeline to Republic, hit the next ones with swords then knights, beeline to cavalry for the next, hopefully last.

Whew I finally found the thread. I think we should go for a fast conquest victory. Or maybe the variant if we let our oppenonts last that long. :lol: I will be out until atleast tuesday so put me at the end of the roster.

Hi all,

as Bede and me are on 2 other sg and we play after each other in them, I think it would be good to have one player between us this time. Otherwise put me in any position you like.

I think the variant is nice, but we will have to pass turns around quite quickly if we are going to play up to the modern times. If thats ok with everybody, I'd like to play the variant.

Start position looks like a "we settle on the spot case", or is there something under the fog e - se? Worker east seems to be a good move anyways.

Preturn-Looking at the starting position. We have forests and mountians all around. We start on a river. With 2 BG in sight. Looks like there might be a coast to the NW. Settle Berlin on the spot. Reveals a plains wheat to the NW and a forest game to the east, southeast. Set to warrior. Science set to pottery at 70% due in 18, gaining 1 gpt. Worker to the BG to the east of berlin.
IT-nada
1- worker starts mining.
IT-zzzz
2-snore
IT-nada
3-nada
IT-zzz
4-zz
IT-Berlin warrior->warrior.
5- Warrior north.
IT-zzz
6- warrior NW. The water is a fresh water lake.
IT-zzz
7- mine done start road. Warrior continues to follow mountian chain north. Reveals Ivory.
IT-zzz
8-warrior north.
9- New warrior East. Other warrior finds coast to the north.
IT-Berlin's border's expand revealing spices to the South of Berlin in the jungle.
10-Rename warriors Otto and Bismark. Bismark NE, Otto east. worker to the game.
IT-nada
11-begin to road game. Otto and bismark east.
12-Rename new warrior Von and sent him west.
IT-nothing.
13-warriors explore. Otto finds some Incense to the east.
IT-Berlin Warrior->settler.
14-New warrior fortifies in Berlin, Adjust science to get pottery in same number of turns but gain a GPT.
IT-nada
15-warriors explore.
IT-Pottery comes in set toward Iron working at 10%, due in 40 turns, gaing 4gpt.
16-warriors reveal a nice city spot to the east.
IT-road done.
17-move worker toward other BG. Science to 70%, IW in 32, gaining 1 GPT.
IT-nada
18-begin roading BG.
IT-nada
19-warriors explore.
IT-Berlin Settler->warrior.
20-Fortify the settler in Berlin. I will let the next player choose where to move it.

We have 3 luxs nearby. I think Berlin can be a 4 turn settler factory. We have met no neighbors yet. There is alot of jungle to the south. We need to discuss where we want our next city. The score is 68.

SAVE

Before we proceed further we need discussions.
I'll check the save and post my comments.

I agree on fast conquest/Dom, +maximizing the score.

city placement:
grs, go for the eastern wheat.
I think we should stick tight RCP 5/5.5. This is not conquest so RCP is the right choice.

worker's movement:
Irrigate wheat and then go to game and chop forest there. Shields would accumulate on Granary.

Next build on Berlin:
Switch to Granary. 4 Warriors in the field no need for more.

Research:
I'd set it on 0%. Find AIs on the continent asap so we can start some tech brokening.

I am not so sure about 0% research as it would be nice to have something to trade for techs.

Pre-Turn: lower research to 10%, iron working still in 36, wake warrior and settler in Berlin and move east to proposed place for our 2nd city

2950BC: exploring, finish road-start mine
2900BC: exploring
2850BC: Leipzig founded, starting warrior (seems to be a big continent and we have raging barbs, so more warriors are definetely needed to explore and guard cities)
IBT: Berlin warrior-granary
2800BC: nothing
2750BC: nothing
2710BC: nothing
2670BC: spot an orange border, but no contact possible
IBT: spot an orange warrior, Leipzip warrior-worker
2630BC: contact Elisabeth, she is up writing, has 2 cities and 10 gold, there is a lone, unguarded settler standing around...tempting, research to max, iron working in 20
2590BC: Bismark spots a barb camp far off to the southeast
2550BC: Bismark kills a barb (-2)

I did not move "Von", he could move southwest and chase the lone settler. If we are going for fastest conquest we should kill the settler, which would cripple Elisabeth (especially on Monarch level), but I'll leave that up to the next player.
The Save

Attachments

• Kuningas_SG002_BC2550_01.jpg
    Kuningas_SG002_BC2550_01.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 432
I have been gone two days and the game have already begun...
Since I'm new to succession games I hope I won't bee too much of a pain...

I have some reading to do and will then post some comments...
I think we need to get some discussion going about our long and short-term goals...

By the way I'm located in Sweden, which means GMT+1.

Goals:
Fastest conquest victory sounds good to me.
(I never won by conquest so that will be good practice)

City Placement:
RCP 5 seems right to me, there are a couple of good locations.
I think I would put our next city(#3) next to the the ivory.
(se attached image)

Research:
I wouldn’t set the research to 0%. I like to have some techs to trade with. I am expecting us to meet the French, which starts with Masonry/Alphabet. The English starts with Alphabet/Pottery. Therefore I would trade for Alphabet/Masonry and go for mathematics at 10% after finishing our research on Iron Working. Since this is a continents map I would let the AI research to Map Making and trade it. Then we go after the others (russians/japanese/indians/chinese). :hammer:

This is what I usually would do. When going for conquest, should we research different?

I find it interesting that the japanese/indians/chinese all have unique units that replace the knight. And if culturally linked starting locations are on I guess they all are starting on the same continent.

For me its ok to kill the settler if that means faster victory, but in that case would I like to make peace with the English after researching iron working so we could get or trade for masonry/alphabet (see above).

Attachments

• t.neo_sgotm2_2550BC.gif
    t.neo_sgotm2_2550BC.gif
    80.2 KB · Views: 386
I agree on killing the settler. We are going to need workers. That settler will give us workers but it will be a long walk back. I think we need a coastal city after we get the ivory to get a jump on the contacts if there is another continent.

Can I place another person on this team please? Since the game has started it is entirely up to you if you accept another player or not. No pressure.

I don't have any arguments against sixth player.

Got it.

Roster:
conehead234
grs
Kuningas (up)
t.neo (on deck)
Bede

Turn log

0 - 2550BC preturn

IBT English move settler on London.
1 - 2510BC
Worker Irrigate

2 - 2470BC
Stümbel spots Russian border.

3 - 2430BC
Leibzig: Worker ->Barracks

Bismarck disperses barb camp. +25g net.
Otto sees hut.

4 - 2390BC
We meet Russian. They are up to Masonry and Ceremonial Burial.

5 - 2350BC
Worker on Game.
Otto pops the hut learn Ceremonial Burial.

6 - 2310BC
Both workers chop forest, 5 turns.

CB to English for 10g. It is obvious that they get it soon anyway.

7 - 2270BC

8 - 2230BC
Berlin: Granary ->Settler

9 - 2190BC

10 - 2150BC
Stümbel sees hut near Russian border.

11 - 2110BC
pop the hut +25g.
Workers Irrigate.

Notes for next player:
English or Russian haven't Iron Working. We have 3 turns left.

Notes for whole team:
Berlin will complete Settler on next turn. After settler Berlin should only
build worker/settlers. You should MM Berlin in each growth (every second turn) to produce +5 food. Food is the most important element in Despotism.

Dot map. Red spot 1st. It gives 2f/2s instantly. Dots on plains requires
worker turns and currently we don't have workers to spare.

the roster:
conehead234
grs
Kuningas (played)
t.neo (up)
Bede (skipped?)
Wotan (on deck)

The save

Hi guys, first of all: thanks for letting me join your team. If I understand the roster I will go next after t.neo? Going for a conquest suits me just fine. This is the victory condition I have a problem of obtaining in reasonable time. I tend to build too much and the game drags on, and on, and on... :) Will probably learn a lot from this game. Cheers, Wotan

Top Bottom