TerraForm -- a map editor for CIV dos

Getting the following error.

Runtime error 9

Subscript out of range

Causes program to hang.

Bratticuss

Unfortunately I too haven't been able to use it so far, despite Dack's instructions :(!

Dack, you are a star. I think you should get the Nobel prize for this.

Emailed you - waiting with excitement for the code! Thanks

O'tiger

Hi everyone, want to download map editor for Civ dos version. Don`t know how to do it...(((

Hello Civ 1 forum, it's been a few years since I last posted on here but I simply couldn't ignore this! This editor is terrific and something I've been wanting for a long time, fantastic work Dack. I'll be asking for my registration key very soon!

Also great to see a Civ 1 game of the month, I remember it annoying me when I first came on here that Civ 2 & 3 both had one and yet the mighty Civ 1 didn't! I'll be taking part in the next one for sure, though the results may be embarrasing, it's been a while!

Anyway, enough waffle, thanks for putting the effort into this editor and keeping the Civ 1 community alive and please keep going. Hopefully I'm proof that there is still more interest for this project out there somewhere! ;)

Rob

Thanks for the registration file Dack, it works fine so far, no issues, in fact even better now thanks to that new function that's been activated known as "save" lol! Unfortunately, now begins the far more annoying process of actually creating something useful and worthwhile with this thing!

I urge anyone with even a passing interest in Civ 1 to try the editor and see what you can do with it, the more people that do, the more quality scenarios can be created!

Rob

I'll try once more and either post the results here or e-mail Dack if I fail again ):.

All right i am totaly confused: i selected path to civwin folder and clicked open and there is nothing there (no sve or any files) so i can't create any maps. my folder has only .exe .sav and wave sounds. somebody please help :confused:

All right i am totaly confused: i selected path to civwin folder and clicked open and there is nothing there (no sve or any files) so i can't create any maps. my folder has only .exe .sav and wave sounds. somebody please help

Unfortunately TerraForm is a map program for CIV DOS. CIVWIN being a different program and it’s data is saved in a different format.
I suggest you follow the work of

nova10

and check out the post in the following threads:
Nova10 CivWin Editing Editing CivWin and this post

City Remains Unprotected...
Of the CIV DOS anomalies the one that I find the most disagreeable is the City is yours but you can’t enter it without re-capturing it. It is that strange bug the shows up now and then in the following manner; You capture a city then some number of turns later you attempt to move a ship in to it or land an airplane and receive the message the only ground units can enter the city. I think I have discovered the mechanism that causes this to happen. For an example see the thread City Remains Unprotected...

The next time you encounter this bug, if you would please save the map & sve file and sent then to me for analyses. I would like to incorporate a fix for this into TerraForm.

Dack, you can usually engineer that scenario on an enemy by using terraform to 'give' one of their cities a new unit, or if you give one a city walls. Not always, but probably 50% of the time, the city appears undefended afterwards.

you can usually engineer ... the city appears undefended afterwards.

I see that TerraForm has a bug similar to that of CIV DOS. When it changes the city values it fails to check the underlying status of the square (does it have a unit?). Thanks for pointing out the anomaly. I’ll address it in the next release.

Hello !
I cannot download a file under the reference from TerraFormDownload60.txt. Writes that the file is not found. Help please

Hello, is this thing working for civnet as well? have not been able to try it yet, waiting for a key. presume you will send it Dack soon and therefor give a big thanks for this little thing.

On account of my bad health I haven't yet been able to try it again! And as Dack said above Civnet and Civwin are different. Dack's map editor is for Civ I only!!!

PEACE!!!

Dack, I've always loved your program and I still do. And now I have a few very similar feature requests:

We all know how tiresome it is to make all those oceanic railroads. And certain squares are hard to get to ("lakes"). How about three new "automated script" features (or something) in your program that would do this:

a] Railroad All Oceans: This one would automatically railroad all ocean squares on the map. This is to make it fair with the AIs and all.

b] Railroad All BFC Oceans: This one would automatically railroad all ocean squares belonging to any city's big fat cross (i.e. the city's workable area).

c] Railroad All Your BFC Oceans: This one would automatically railroad all ocean squares belonging to any of your Civilization's cities' big faty crosses (i.e. the cities' workable areas).

Shouldn't be too hard to implement. And would speed up editing considerably. Thanks in advance! :)

~ Kris

We all know how tiresome it is to make all those oceanic railroads.

Railroad on Oceans; is this truly a popular use of TerraForm? Unfortunately I don’t have a great deal of time to devote to this project at the moment. How many users need or want something like this? Perhaps in the future.

Railroad on Oceans; is this truly a popular use of TerraForm? Unfortunately I don’t have a great deal of time to devote to this project at the moment. How many users need or want something like this? Perhaps in the future.
The only reason to do it in TerraForm would be to do it faster. So why not make a quick feature that would make it faster still. Should be doable in five minutes or so.

Just do a loop for every square. If it's an ocean square, check if a city is nearby (do a loop against all cities, if (max(abs(delta x), abs(delta y)) + min(abs(delta x), abs(delta y))/2) < 3 then railroad the ocean!

For only your cities, simply do another owner check for every city. Easy as pie!

If I had the source I would do it myself. But I know you don't want to release it (I've asked before).

this program looks gr8. am just awaiting the reg key from dack (emailed them the other day)

i still prefer civ win but civ dos is pretty cool

No Dack I don't want you to waste your time on this rather ridiculous scheme.
It will take away the charm of researching 'Sailing' and 'Navigation' and sending your ships across the oceans :(

PEACE!!!

Top Bottom