Final Frontier Plus

When I try to play this, once I reach the game screen I get an error message on starting saying "BugConfig- failure parsing (file path)Reminder.xml at line 36" and "BugConfig - failure parsing (file path)Autolog.xml at line 258". Seems to work otherwise but the error had me wondering what might not be loading properly. I installed with both the full zip file and the partial one from the links, neither made a difference. Patched to 1.84 and also uninstalled and reinstalled the game but no matter what I've done that error hasn't gone away. On Windows 8.1 with the non-Steam version.

Hellou. I upgradet to Win 10 and reinstal old dvd Civ IV and add patch 3.19 and Final Frontier Plus 1,9 beta. It work corectly after instal some patches (on win 10 Civ IV dont work in normal way). Butt back to questions. Why having in Final Frontier on home star bases only 6 planets? I have today played a Star Trek mod and i have seen some home systems with 7 planet, included my Earth of Federation for why i play. Have Star Trek mod changed something in it?
If i take it corectly then if i change in FinalFrontierEvents.py: iPlanetQuantityTypePoor = from 3 to 4 i get now from 4 to 8 planet star systems. Why we should have all 8 planets plots ocupied? Its there was something with old computer that cant handle it when Jon Shafer designet it? (Normaly as astronomers have found more and more planet in space its obvious that more stars have more planets that we thought, only 3 planets in star system its therefore not anymore realistic! :) And economy of Final Frontier on stars with only 3 planets its enormous low
Anyway i tried some experiment an changed in CvSolar System.py this function from:
if (bHomeworld):
iNumPlanets = 6
to:
if (bHomeworld):
iNumPlanets >= 6

if worked corectly gives this now in new home star systems random number planets from 6 to 8, right?
Now im in World builder can only add on map random star systems with 3 to 7 planet anyway because this is separatedly from that. Can we something changed in World builder that randomised systems have too from 4 to 8 planet, or its that too much over complicated to bother with this at all?
And last tweak, if i played Star Trek mod, all races as Klingon, Federation, Romulans have equal named and typized shipes as Light I, II, III etc, but visual have they own Klingons Bird of Prey, Federation Enterprise class ships, Romulans Warbirds and etc. How is this posible, if all races have only one or two unicate unit. I have loocked everywhere but dont find solution how to make one unit traits with unicate units for ewery civilization. What have i miss?

Greetings. I ran into a glitch (a rare thing in this mod!) I have units that are no longer visible within a stack after performing a successful attack on adjacent units.

For example, a cruiser eliminated a destroyer in an adjacent stack of enemy units, and vanished from list of units at the bottom of the screen -- see attached image. I moved the stacked units away one by one until the "invisible" cruiser reappeared. When moved into another stack elsewhere, that cruiser goes back to becoming "invisible." Worse, everything that it carried was lost as far as I can tell, including its doomsday weapons load. The same thing happened with a battlecarrier (its carried squadron appear to have been lost as well although it wasn't involved in the battle) and a destroyer. The affected units keep behaving the same way during later turns.

The screenshot below shows the selected cruiser, but that unit does not appear in the list of stacked units at the bottom of the screen.

upload_2019-6-3_14-14-41.png

Final Frontier Plus- A Modmod of Final Frontier
v1.84 Released 8/25/15!
I installed in the right place (existing Final Frontier Mod folder), but the external run shortcut, failed to run. I started BTS and selected the mod and that runs. How can I tell if everything installed correctly? Is there a version number somewhere?

Hello. Very nice modmod. Thank you for efforts! Just few things I added to my local copy so far:
- added brand new Spy unit, <bSpy>1</bSpy> and so on in CIV4UnitInfos.xml, used art mixed from Great_spy and Advocate units; it is not the Civ if no Spy :), also we have espionage :espionage: points, so we need somebody to spend them;
- added different bonuses for different values (file CIV4ReligionInfo.xml), like wealth now give not only 4 culture, but 2 culture and 2 coins; knowledge 2 culture and 2 science etc.
Maybe this could be added to next 1.85 build if needed.

I realise this mod is probably dead, but does anyone have proper installation instructions? The ones on the front page dont make sense to me.

I already have the original mod (windows 10)

The installer defaults to C:\Mods\Final Frontier Plus

Should this install in the "Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods" folder, or Beyondthesword\mods\final frontier folder?

How did it manage to extract the files from te original folder if it has no idea where this is?

When I start the game using the executable, it loads in, but then do I still need to switch to the final frontier mod, as starting a new game seem to just load the normal maps? Shouldnt I see Final Frontier + as an option next to the standard Final Frontier?

Should I have downloaded the complete version? If so should this have been installed in the Beyondthesword\mods folder (in fact I tried this and broke the mod)?

When it is installed do you see a new title with the version number (as evey time I have tried it looks the same).

Cheers!

This is a bump to the FF+ Mod using the Steam version and my attempt to get it working. Unfortunately Steam has a "re-write" tendency to these games and change/break the pathing and prohibits easy one-click installs. If anyone has the Win10/Steam version of FF+ install could you post the approach? thx

This is a bump to the FF+ Mod using the Steam version and my attempt to get it working. Unfortunately Steam has a "re-write" tendency to these games and change/break the pathing and prohibits easy one-click installs. If anyone has the Win10/Steam version of FF+ install could you post the approach? thx

OK, so the pathing beast seems to have been tamed. Just installed 1.83 base Mod though. Used:

upload_2022-2-21_16-45-19.png

as the base. Copy the base Final Frontier folder and rename it Final Frontier Plus. When you run the 1.83 exe app it will ask if you want
to install to an already existing folder, accept.

At the error dialog (can't find the MODS/FINAL FRONITER/*) just ignore. The 1.83 exe installer will install the patch (patche to our English folks).

Very preliminary. Hell, it's working and you want me to stop and write up a full message! :) Fun time!

Notable differences from the base FF is that the full UI screen displays. Partial only on the orig, so FFP looks to be functioning whereas the
OG MOD from Steam didn't display the full UI screen.

More as I crawl along.

thx

Top Bottom