Final Fixes Reborn

I think this might have already been reported. Combat involving archery units is really slow and tedious. It seems to be a problem with the combat graphics for archery units, since it takes a lot longer than combats involving melee or mounted units. I thought it had to do with first strikes or defensive strikes, but you also see it when an archer attacks, not just defends.

I also noticed the same issue in combats involving spiders. Not sure what spiders and archers have in common, but there it is.

I think this might have already been reported. Combat involving archery units is really slow and tedious. It seems to be a problem with the combat graphics for archery units, since it takes a lot longer than combats involving melee or mounted units. I thought it had to do with first strikes or defensive strikes, but you also see it when an archer attacks, not just defends.

I also noticed the same issue in combats involving spiders. Not sure what spiders and archers have in common, but there it is.

Yep. It's so annoying I've been using quick combat for the past years.
But I've no skill in Civ 3D animation so don't know how to alter it.

Yep. It's so annoying I've been using quick combat for the past years.
But I've no skill in Civ 3D animation so don't know how to alter it.

I might have to switch to using Quick Combat also, then.

By the way, following up on my earlier post on the Dark Forests game option, I'm still not seeing either Blighted Forests or Diakonos when I play on Normal Speed. I don't know how or why game speed affects this particular game option, unless it has to do with the other game options I select when I set up a Custom Game. If you want to test, let me know and I can tell you what my other game options are.

By the way, following up on my earlier post on the Dark Forests game option, I'm still not seeing either Blighted Forests or Diakonos when I play on Normal Speed. I don't know how or why game speed affects this particular game option, unless it has to do with the other game options I select when I set up a Custom Game. If you want to test, let me know and I can tell you what my other game options are.

When you start a new game, if you open the map editor to see the whole map, are you sure there is no blighted forest or diakonos at all?
I tested again 4 times at normal speed and I always find them somewhere.

When you start a new game, if you open the map editor to see the whole map, are you sure there is no blighted forest or diakonos at all?
I tested again 4 times at normal speed and I always find them somewhere.

Next time I start a new game I'll open Worldbuilder and check. I'm in the middle of a game right now, so might be a while, but will report back when I start my next new game.

EDIT:

I haven't started a new game to test this yet, but I'm wondering if the problem arises because of my other game settings.

Anyway, here are my Map setting and Game Options:

Huge World Size
Tectonics Map (Tectonics_316_mst, to be specific)
60% Water
Aridity Random
Team Placement Random

12 Civs (i.e., myself plus 11 AI-controlled civs)

Raging Barbarians
End of Winter
Wildlands
Blessing of Amathaon
Living World
Wild Mana
Feral Mana
Mana Guardians
No Liberation
All Unique Features
Broader Alignments
Dark Forests
Restrict Random Civilizations -- Hamstalfar (I block them from the game; I know Valkrionn was planning to redesign them as the Gyldalfar, but never got to it)

Victory Conditions -- the three "Quick" ones (Quick Domination, Quick Religious, Quick Cultural) are disabled, but all the rest are on.

I don't know if one or more of the options does something on Normal Speed that it doesn't do on Quick Speed, it's just strange that I haven't seen either Blighted Forests or Diakonos in any of my games in a very long time.

I have played Fall from Heaven and all it's modmods for a very long time. Almost from the beginning :) But i have never finnished a game yet. Well, i have won but not as i want. I want to win a game with all civs, huge map and deity difficulty. And there is the problem. Around turn 400 the game ctd every turn. I have come far. Sometimes i conquered almost half the world. But the game is unplayable after turn 350 - 400. Around turn 200 i can no longer load my saved games. I solved that with starting my game from my first save, and from there load the save i want to continue play. But i cannot continue when the game keeps ctd every turn. Anny tips on what to do? Have annyone ever conquered the whole world?

I've had the same problems in the past with large games. Smaller ones always worked out fine. I don't have much playtime right now so my large game currently is only around turn 200 so I can't speak directly for the current version.

I noticed that many of the Healers still don't have names and quotes, so I came up with a bunch. I figure other players will recognize some of the quotes, as well as the names I anagrammed.

Feel free to use whichever ones you want, and modify as you see fit.
Spoiler :

Ygru Ogreshoe

Everybody lies.

Rory Egghouse

No, patients don'’t die for no reason! We just don'’t know the reason.

Sergo Greyhou

Tests take time. Treatment's quicker.

Uriah Hugel

Our bodies break down, sometimes when we're 90, sometimes before we're even born, but it always happens and there's never any dignity in it. I don't care if you can walk, see, wipe your own ass. It's always ugly. Always. You can live with dignity, we can't die with it.

Lia Huruegh

It is in the nature of medicine that you are going to screw up. You are going to kill someone. If you can't handle that reality, pick another profession. Or finish medical school and teach.

Raul Ghuehi

If it works, we're right. If he dies, it was something else.

Mallen Illwraith

You can'’t rewrite history. Not one line!

Walli the Marlin

One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. Goodbye, my dear.

Grouck Titanthrop

You've redecorated, haven't you? I don't like it.

Enjo Pewter

Reverse the polarity.

Mortkeba

To the rational mind nothing is inexplicable, only unexplained.

Tamerbok

Would you like a jelly baby?

Petra Von Seid

Brave heart.

Nova Dispreet

Sorry, must dash!

Crino Labek

What's the use of a good quotation if you can't change it?

Sylvyo McCreets

But there are three rules! One: I'm in charge. Two: I'm not 'the Professor,' I'm the Healer! And the third... Well, I'll think up the third by the time we get back to Paradera.

Elvys Mycocrest

Every great decision creates ripples, like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforeseeable ways. The heavier the decision, the larger the waves, the more uncertain the consequences.

Cocy Sylverstem

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, the sea’'s asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there'’s injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, we'’ve got work to do!

Tycovesc Slymer

A stitch in time ... takes up space.

Clanman Pug

I’'m half-human, on my mother'’s side.

Nangu Clamp

But it was a childish dream that made you a doctor. You dreamt you could hold back death. Isn't that true? Don't be sad. You'll do great things.

Puma Clanng

I'’m a healer ...… but probably not the one you expected.

Hunj Thor

Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. Whatever the cost.

Phislecc the Roc Stoner

Fantastic!

Isor Lecc the Stonecipher

Lots of planets have a North!

Cisphronces the Lector

I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at 1,000 miles an hour and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at 67,000 miles an hour, and I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget about me.

Chronos Lect the Spicer

Bananas are a good source of potassium.

Cropsnich the Selector

Everybody lives! Just this once, everybody lives! I need more days like this.

Chronos Cil the Spectre

We are not the same! I'm not - No, wait. Maybe we are. You're right. Yeah, okay. You've got a point. Because I know what to do. I know what should happen. I know what you deserve. Exterminate!

Roclecc the Ship Stoner

Nice to meet you. Now run for your life!

Nedd van Titan

Allons-y!

Titan van Dend

I'd call you a genius, except I'm in the room.

Tad Van Tinden

Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.

Mats Thimt

Geronimo!

Stathtimm

Bowties are cool.

Smathmitts

There's something you better understand about me, because it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box.

Matts Thim

Scared keeps you fast. Anyone in this room who isn’'t scared is a moron.

Stithtamm

Didn't anyone ever tell you? There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence, if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap….. Me!

Mist Thamt

Everyone's memory is a mess. Life is a mess. Everyone's got memories of a holiday they couldn't have been on or a party they never went to, or met someone for the first time and felt like they've known them all their lives. Time is being rewritten all around us, every day. People think their memories are bad, but their memories are fine. The past is really like that.

Pacer Aldipet

Listen! Question: Why do we talk out loud when we know we're alone? Conjecture: because we know we are not. Evolution perfects survival skills. There are perfect hunters. There is perfect defense. Question: Why is there no such thing as perfect hiding? Answer: How would you know? Logically, if evolution were to perfect a creature whose primary skill were to hide from view, how could you know it existed? It could be with us every second and we would never know. How would you detect it? Even sense it? Except in those moments when, for no clear reason, you choose to speak aloud. What would such a creature want? What would it do?

Last edited:
Does the creation map script not work with this mod cause whenever I try to load that map script it crashes. :(

Other then that though this mod is great.

Im curious if someone would be able to send me the file for the SNV version for this mod seeing that neither me or anyone else i know can not download it atm due to an issue? I would like to play it online with my group of friends and also see the improvements it has (hopefully small AI improvements).

Im curious if someone would be able to send me the file for the SNV version for this mod seeing that neither me or anyone else i know can not download it atm due to an issue? I would like to play it online with my group of friends and also see the improvements it has (hopefully small AI improvements).

1) Yes, sourceforge servers had a big problem (https://sourceforge.net/blog/sourceforge-infrastructure-and-service-restoration-update-for-722/)
2) Since you can't check the changelog until they've fixed the issue(s), here is a quick answer: there are no AI improvements at all. :(

1) Yes, sourceforge servers had a big problem (https://sourceforge.net/blog/sourceforge-infrastructure-and-service-restoration-update-for-722/)
2) Since you can't check the changelog until they've fixed the issue(s), here is a quick answer: there are no AI improvements at all. :(

awww what a shame because the only big issue i have with the AI is they never seem to upgrades and use better units besides warriors for a long time because they don't get the tech. Like in one of my games on turn 210 almost all the AI do not even have Bronze Works and Archer. I tried increase the difficulty to Monarch, but even they i just see a lot of warriors being spammed in huge numbers. Though Monarch kinda improved it a bit, I think can turn 160-170 I did at least see like 3 archers and 2 hunters.

Also I was just wondering if someone that has the SNV version on their computer could send the file to me so I could download it and share it with my friends.

More of a cosmetic/'pedia issue than anything else:

I played a recent game as The Legion of D'Tesh. There are units the Legion can't build (Beastmasters, War Chariots, Knights) because the required building (Grove, Hippodrome) is blocked, but the units show up in the tech tree and in the build queue in Legion cities (although greyed out, so they can't be built). And they don't appear in the Legion's 'pedia entry as Blocked Units.

I would just suggest cleaning this up, to avoid confusion. Thanks.

I know consecutive posts are usually frowned upon, but it's been over a week, and anyway the site was down for most of that time because of the server migration.

Anyway, I played a couple of recent games as the Scions of Patria and had some comments/observations

1) First, the 'pedia says that Praetorians and Martyrs of Patria are available only with God King. While it's true that you need to be running God King to build them, when I switched out of God King to Republic (I needed to lower my maintenance costs, plus like the extra traits you can during Republic), although I did lose my Praetorians, I didn't lose my Martyrs of Patria. Not sure if the problem is with the 'pedia or the code for the Martyrs.

Martyrs are the Scions' replacement for Assassins, so I don't know if they should be restricted to a particular civic. And I know Praetorians replace Royal Guards (with a different required civic, of course), bu they're not super-powerful, so might not be necessary to restrict them to a single civic, either.

Up to you guys, of course, maybe you do want to give the Scions an incentive to go with God King rather than something else.

One unexpected thing, which I don't think is related to the Scions, is that when I switched from Republic back to God King, I didn't lose the "new" traits I had gained under Republic. I'm not sure that's what's intended.

2) Second, I know this has been brought up before, but since the Scions are Fallow, Food and Health/Unhealthiness are irrelevant to them, so many of the Health-related buildings are useless for them, except for some secondary effects (e.g., Herbalists and Infirmaries provide extra healing, Harbors and Lighthouses affect Trade Routes). It's also not clear why some of the Scions UBs (e.g., Palce of the Scions, Necropolis) give Health bonuses and the Thaumaturge's Keep gives +2 :yuck:, since again, those are all irrelevant for the Scions.

I haven't tried the Scions Healthcare module: the original thread mentions Unhealthy Discontent for the Scions, but I don't think I encountered that in my games. There seem to be some good ideas there to work with, but again, it has buildings providing additional :health:, or a Healer, or additional :food:. I don't really remember, but all I can think is that earlier versions of the Scions played differently from how they do now. So if you were to incorporate that module, you'd probably have to revise it quite a bit. (I don't know what changes Derf made in updating it to work with Ashes.)

How does the trader trait work? I don't see it say anywhere that cities get prod and food from city connections and/or trade.

Also worth mentioning that Balseraphs cities have a lot of black and white box in some areas for some reason.

I know consecutive posts are usually frowned upon, but it's been over a week, and anyway the site was down for most of that time because of the server migration.

Anyway, I played a couple of recent games as the Scions of Patria and had some comments/observations

1) First, the 'pedia says that Praetorians and Martyrs of Patria are available only with God King. While it's true that you need to be running God King to build them, when I switched out of God King to Republic (I needed to lower my maintenance costs, plus like the extra traits you can during Republic), although I did lose my Praetorians, I didn't lose my Martyrs of Patria. Not sure if the problem is with the 'pedia or the code for the Martyrs.

Martyrs are the Scions' replacement for Assassins, so I don't know if they should be restricted to a particular civic. And I know Praetorians replace Royal Guards (with a different required civic, of course), bu they're not super-powerful, so might not be necessary to restrict them to a single civic, either.

Up to you guys, of course, maybe you do want to give the Scions an incentive to go with God King rather than something else.

One unexpected thing, which I don't think is related to the Scions, is that when I switched from Republic back to God King, I didn't lose the "new" traits I had gained under Republic. I'm not sure that's what's intended.

2) Second, I know this has been brought up before, but since the Scions are Fallow, Food and Health/Unhealthiness are irrelevant to them, so many of the Health-related buildings are useless for them, except for some secondary effects (e.g., Herbalists and Infirmaries provide extra healing, Harbors and Lighthouses affect Trade Routes). It's also not clear why some of the Scions UBs (e.g., Palce of the Scions, Necropolis) give Health bonuses and the Thaumaturge's Keep gives +2 :yuck:, since again, those are all irrelevant for the Scions.

I haven't tried the Scions Healthcare module: the original thread mentions Unhealthy Discontent for the Scions, but I don't think I encountered that in my games. There seem to be some good ideas there to work with, but again, it has buildings providing additional :health:, or a Healer, or additional :food:. I don't really remember, but all I can think is that earlier versions of the Scions played differently from how they do now. So if you were to incorporate that module, you'd probably have to revise it quite a bit. (I don't know what changes Derf made in updating it to work with Ashes.)

IIRC health is relevent to the Scions. I think they get unhappiness from it or maybe a production debuff? I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure it gives a "building" that gives some sort of debuff. The food stuff is true though, those really should be locked or replaced.

IIRC health is relevent to the Scions. I think they get unhappiness from it or maybe a production debuff? I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure it gives a "building" that gives some sort of debuff. The food stuff is true though, those really should be locked or replaced.

Unless I completely missed something (which is possible), my recollection is that in my two recent Scion games my cities had zero unhealthiness from the very beginning.

I know/remember that one of the Scion UBs (the Necropolis, I think), gives hammers based on life mana and other "health" resources such as corn, rice, wheat (but not any of the seafood health resources, I don't think). This shows up in the city screen as a "building" called something like "Harvested Life Resources."

Hello :O this looks very impressive.

I have a question;
Me and my cousin currently have a long running game in Rife, which we'd like to not give up. but i'd like to give this a tryout too.

The installations say to Uninstall RIFE, is that really necessary? can't i run this alongside?

Top Bottom