What are you playing until the next patch?

What are you playing as you wait (patiently) for the next patch?

• Civ V

Votes: 109 25.2%
  • Civ IV

Votes: 77 17.8%
  • Another Civ

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Starcraft II

Votes: 33 7.6%
  • Sins of a Solar Empire

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • Zork

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 173 40.0%
  • Only geeks play video games.

Votes: 27 6.2%

• Total voters
I like it because finally I have to have some manual skills to fight - nothing madly challenging, but at least you don't fall asleep while point&click in other games.

If you have PS3 buy Demon's Souls (hell, if you don't then buy PS3 and DS :crazyeye: ). It has the combat system I was hoping Vindictus would mimic but instead it has Diablo combat without active skills and hectic speed.

I'm basically playing Invictus because I'm getting good ol' Diablo 2 vibe, that's about it ^^

Hellgate London was much, much more Diabloish game with it's active skills and great loot system. I don't get Diablo 2 vibes at all from Vindictus except a small pale shadow of Diablo 2 lurking somewhere inside Vindictus' combat system.

P.S. I'm maybe excessively negative towards the game but I was hoping so much more.

'Children of the Nile Alexandria' from Steam.

Best city-builder, ever.

Really? I recall the original "Children of the Nile" getting pretty well panned when it was released. They filed the rough edges down, then?

I was interested in it after Caesar IV was such a disappointment. I've been having an itch to pop Pharaoh back in the drive...

Really? I recall the original "Children of the Nile" getting pretty well panned when it was released. They filed the rough edges down, then?

I was interested in it after Caesar IV was such a disappointment. I've been having an itch to pop Pharaoh back in the drive...

I Loved Caesar III up until I figured out you can win by turning your town into one long road... damn walkers. :lol:

Rat

I Loved Caesar III up until I figured out you can win by turning your town into one long road... damn walkers. :lol:

In C3, you had to, because they hadn't created roadblocks yet. Pharaoh was the pinnacle of that series, refined in implementation and epic in scale.

Ah yes, Caesar3 and Pharaoh, those were the days... :)

If you have PS3 buy Demon's Souls (hell, if you don't then buy PS3 and DS :crazyeye: ). It has the combat system I was hoping Vindictus would mimic but instead it has Diablo combat without active skills and hectic speed.

Hellgate London was much, much more Diabloish game with it's active skills and great loot system. I don't get Diablo 2 vibes at all from Vindictus except a small pale shadow of Diablo 2 lurking somewhere inside Vindictus' combat system.

P.S. I'm maybe excessively negative towards the game but I was hoping so much more.
Oh don't worry, I had too high expectations for Civ5 so I totally understand disappointment and excess negativity ;)

I'm playing Lann and while true that initially game gets a bit repetitive I just got to Double Crescent and Gliding Fury - whooosh! :D
Sorry, I'm just pleasantly surprised that I can have fun with hack&slash game, it's been a while for me. ^^

Oh don't worry, I had too high expectations for Civ5 so I totally understand disappointment and excess negativity ;)

I'd just like to imagine myself above such pettiness :lol:

I'm playing Lann and while true that initially game gets a bit repetitive I just got to Double Crescent and Gliding Fury - whooosh! :D
Sorry, I'm just pleasantly surprised that I can have fun with hack&slash game, it's been a while for me. ^^

I've been playing some more and I'm starting to get a bit more positive vibes out of it. Combat isn't as bad as I initially thought and I think it'll improve even more with additional skills. Skill system is still a bit confusing (traditional skill tree would have been clearer) but I think skills themselves are pretty good. Loot is still disappointing (and fills my inventory all the time :mad: ) - I'd prefer ARPG loot instead of million different crafting materials.

I am almost done building my new PC and now I am looking for something new to play to take advantage of it. Problem is, I don't like sci-fi or futuristic stuff, and I don't like Paradox. That doesn't leave much choices for FP Action-RPG or FPS. :( But I'll comb through this thead to see if I am missing anything.

Top Bottom