The full list of Civilizations in Civ V!

I'm abhorred that Mongolia isn't in, and angry that the Inca and Spanish aren't either. Meanwhile, we have Siam and the IROQUOIS? The only positive thing I've seen at all from the release of Civ V is the Ottomans being in Vanilla. Otherwise, I'm going to be waiting a while on this game, if at all. At the moment, Victoria 2 looks MUCH more promising(and not full of idiotic mistakes........)

Perhaps you meant "I abhor" rather than "I'm abhorred." Maybe not, if you're a really unpleasant person than maybe you are abhorred by those you know.

Just teasing you a little.

I'm certain all three that you mentioned will be in the first expansion. When you cap the number of civs you're putting in you have to expect some worthy choices to be out. Ottomans were out of vanilla but came in the first Civ IV expansion. Spain was out of Civ III vanilla but made it in the first expansion. They wanted a something new and a little more regional diversity.

Mongolia exclusion is just weird... largest land empire the world has ever seen.

You still get regional diversity by substituting Inca for Iroquois, and Mongols for Siam.

Spain, yeah, regional diversity issues.

Mongolia exclusion is just weird... largest land empire the world has ever seen.

You still get regional diversity by substituting Inca for Iroquois, and Mongols for Siam.

Spain, yeah, regional diversity issues.

I think the idea was to represent "Native America" and "Meso-America" as well. I think Maya/Inca/Aztec kind of get lumped together as one group while Lakota/Iroqouis end up in another. So I think the decision was to pick one. Siam was definitely about getting something different from a different part of the world. They'll still be way fun to play, though.

I think the idea was to represent "Native America" and "Meso-America" as well. I think Maya/Inca/Aztec kind of get lumped together as one group while Lakota/Iroqouis end up in another. So I think the decision was to pick one.
But incas are native Americans. They're not even in Meso-america!!!

But incas are native Americans. They're not even in Meso-america!!!
This.

I think the idea was to represent "Native America" and "Meso-America" as well.

I agree that this was their reasoning (for some reason people lump Incas with Aztecs). The problem is even you accept that, it doesn't make sense. Aztecs/Mayas/Incas had vast empires with massive cities, and impressive pre-contact technological developments.

Native (north) Americans... didn't.

This.

I agree that this was their reasoning (for some reason people lump Incas with Aztecs). The problem is even you accept that, it doesn't make sense. Aztecs/Mayas/Incas had vast empires with massive cities, and impressive pre-contact technological developments.

Yeah, but then neither did the Zulu. The Iroquois at least has an advanced system of government that would be an inspiration for the later U.S. constitution, which in turn has become an inspiration for Republic forms of government since.

I agree the Inca were more deserving, but the desire for exotic flavors gave the Iroquois an edge. So be it, it will still be awesome fun.

This is quite likely a very stupid question, but is there any chance we might see era-specific leaderheads? It's one of those "little things" I always felt was missing from Civ4. I understand it could be difficult to do graphically, but when I think of your Caesar dressed as a Florentine Nobleman or Wu looking like this, I giggle like a schoolgirl.

Aw, no Spanish Leader. I don't get a chance to practice my spanish.
THe animated leaders speaking in their own language is neat, but it will be a pain for modders. We actualy have to be able to speak the language now!

Two odd things:
1>France, lead by Napoleon has the Ancien Regieme ability. Errr, French Revolution anyone?
2>ARabia has camel archers. Nuff said for historical innacuracy. First chance I get I'm renaming them to Ghulams.

This is quite likely a very stupid question, but is there any chance we might see era-specific leaderheads? It's one of those "little things" I always felt was missing from Civ4. I understand it could be difficult to do graphically, but when I think of your Caesar dressed as a Florentine Nobleman or Wu looking like this, I giggle like a schoolgirl.

I think they said that the leaders would be shown with different backgrounds. Burning cities if they had just conquered a city. So their background might change with time. Perhaps also their clothing. I can't imagine Catherine in that dress in fron of a burning city.

They put in civilizations like the songhai, siam iroquois and they didnt put in the colonizing powers of spain portugal and the netherlands...amazing.-.-

I think they said that the leaders would be shown with different backgrounds. Burning cities if they had just conquered a city. So their background might change with time. Perhaps also their clothing. I can't imagine Catherine in that dress in fron of a burning city.

Link?

I didn't realize people in Egypt spoke Arabic until now.:lol:

I don't think that's Arabic. I can't imagine them going for authentic Aztec and not even trying for Coptic at least. I'm guessing that's Late Egyptian.

Well it definitely sounds it. Not sure how to know for sure though. Any Arabic speaking people here?:D

This is a common misconception.

North America had the Mississipian kingdoms:

They built cities, which differed only from the Mesoamerican sites in that they didn't use masonry for their pyramids. This is Cahokia:

This is the Kincaid Site:

We also have fairly advanced sites from a number of other North American cultures, for instance, Chaco Canyon:

A Zuni town:

Pretty disappointed at the lack of Spain, Inca and Mongolia.

It is not that they will not ever be included, there will always be expansions, DLCs and mods. However, the reason I ever decided to buy Civ III and all subsequent releases is that I wanted to play as the world's greatest powers and replay (not renact) history, pretty hard to do that when some of the major civs in world history are absent.

I am not a history buff, but I am not an idiot either and I can definitely hold my own; and I must ask, who the hell are the siam? I have never even heard of them of them before =(. Wiki'ing them now. Thailand. Sure while the Siam culture might have had a great influence over the area which now is home to close to 1 billion people(all nations in the peninsula + Indonesia); Spain has probably influence them more than they realize.

Top Bottom