steam pre-order available 10% discount

Amazon UK price (as noted above)....

Steam UK price...

I have the Civ V (and DLC) complete through Steam and I would have liked to have ordered the expansion that way as well. But the savings from Amazon in comparison are too good to miss.

Sad really that Amazon can send me through the post a "real" copy cheaper than Steam can allow me to download the digital version.

I do like Steam and I have often gone for the lazyman's method of purchase. But I still like a little grumble about it first :D

That's too bad about it being cheaper at Amazon. I need to check on this for more games. I must admit though, the auto updates and everything through Steam make gaming much simpler.

I have a question... I bought the G&K on one machine... my Mac. Then when I went to my PC and fired up STEAM, it didn't recognize that I had already paid for it on another platform... this doesn't happen usually. Any clue? Should I just wait?

That's too bad about it being cheaper at Amazon. I need to check on this for more games. I must admit though, the auto updates and everything through Steam make gaming much simpler.

I have a question... I bought the G&K on one machine... my Mac. Then when I went to my PC and fired up STEAM, it didn't recognize that I had already paid for it on another platform... this doesn't happen usually. Any clue? Should I just wait?
Just a thought...

Did you buy the Mac version from Steam or through the App store?

The App Store version is single player, doesn't use Steam and so isn't SteamPlay, i.e. doesn't come with the PC version.

I've seen it happen before, but it didn't take more than a few min to show up. Restart steam?

Hey, I always think of discounts as "let's raise the price tag then give discounts to get the profit margin we want".

But in any case, that $3 makes me want to buy the Inca & Spain DLC and pre-order G&K.

Does anyone else think there should be a special CivFanatics discount?

Yeah if we need a special extra discount it should be for having over 1500 hours played since vanilla... A compensation for all of the growing pains :p haha I'm just looking forward to having the extra things to worry about as far as religion and espionage back in the mix. So I think the preorder now is fine and will gladly give it another 1500 as they work out the kinks...

Oh, well, I just paid the lazyman's fee; I pre-ordered it from Steam when I promised myself I would wait for a few days after release to see what everybody thought.

I'm weak. :shake:

Can anyone know why it cost me 35.99USD (after discount) from Steam? Seems a big premium just because I am in Japan?

Top Bottom