-33% BNW on Steam Flash Sale

Am I the only one that doesn't care? I don't mind having spent that extra money for a game I will play for the next couple years lol.
Of course I don't mind paying for my game, but you have to admit it's a bit sour for people that pre-ordered because of loyalty and trust, without having seen any reviews, need to pay more than people who didn't pre-order the game and buy it on release day.

I feel a little more justified in ordering a physical copy now, since I got it on release day (today), and now I get to have it in a nice shiny box as opposed to just downloading the files from Steam.

But yes, people who preordered the soft copy got a raw deal.

This will lead to some pissed off "Rest of the world"-Pre Order Buyers ;) A sale on the same day as the release, while they had to pay full price (or 10% off)

To be honest, pre-ordering a video game is such a silly thing I am almost happy they got trolled. Chances are at least some of them are going to stop preordering from now on.

Yes true. Why nowadays People pre-Order Software-Downloads? Years ago, where at Release Days, Physical Copies were never enough for everyone....it made sense.

Today it makes sense, if you get a big preorder Sale. And i wouldnt call 10% a big advantage at all. And as this preorder advantage is valid until 1 minute before Release.....everybody who sends his money sooner acts in favour of the company, and not in his own.

So if the past, and especially this BNW Sale today teached us something....then this: Wait as long as you can. Look if you find it elsewhere cheaper. Or buy it 5 Minutes before Relase. Then you have all the advantages on your side.

But if you want to reward a software company for its great games....you can Pre-Order it. If that's your thought out decision, then don´t be angry when others get the game cheaper than you. Its always the decision of a company when and whom they give Games cheaper.

And in this case, maybe Steam did this decision, not so much Firaxis.
In either way, i am sure, less people will pre-order Steam Games in the future. Just because it doesnt makes any sense, if you dont want to to give away your hard earned money. Especially short before big Sales.

To be honest, pre-ordering a video game is such a silly thing I am almost happy they got trolled. Chances are at least some of them are going to stop preordering from now on.

Which shows how bad the company did, since they want us to preorder.

Trust me, when the next expansion/Civ 6 comes out, people will be still be preordering in their droves. The desire to be able to play from the moment it unlocks is too strong for some to resist ;)

At least that's true of the Americans - but then, since they are the biggest market the Civ franchise caters to, as long as the Americans still preorder, it won't matter much to Steam.

Meanwhile, I will keep buying physical copies and sitting in front of the postbox on release day like a crazy person :crazyeye:

I don't care about the money. Same as I don't care about the few euros the phone companies try to steal from you from time to time.

It is about respect, about treating your customers right, about trust. That's why you put a reclamation to those companies, not because of gaining a few euros.

If release date is cheaper than a prepurchase discount, they lied to me. I don't care about the 6€ I lost, I care about how they treated loyal customers

I'm pretty sure that it's a steam thing, not a Firaxis thing.

I bet this is a mistake. Such things are not unheard of for Steam sales. Take advantage of it while you can. I just bought two more copies as gifts for friends that didn't order though GMG and won't be at their computers soon enough to take advantage of this - the punks!

Major slap in the face, it's cost me over £5 to play for 10mins this morning.

Huge insult to the loyal fans that have supported them and helped create a buzz around this release.

Of course I don't mind paying for my game, but you have to admit it's a bit sour for people that pre-ordered because of loyalty and trust, without having seen any reviews, need to pay more than people who didn't pre-order the game and buy it on release day.

Agreed, but that's what you can expect on Steam; You buy something, and two days later it's on sale... I actually wasn't surprised when I saw the discount :lol:
But somewhere it doesn't feel right, like you said

Well, I'd want to say patience is a virtue in my case, but never expected patience to equal 3 days. I expected to wait a couple of months to purchase this thing.

I've purchased the game two days a go on Wednesday with 10% sale, I'm in Europe so I installed the game just 12 hours a go and have not even played yet. I'm very pissed of that they have discounted it further before most people who pre-ordered in Europe actually played the game.

People outside North America paid same $26 for the game, started playing it 3 days later and on the same day Fraxis said "Hey suckers, you shouldn't trust our pricing policy" :thumbsdown:

Big slap in the face, this kind of marketing and pricing is UNETHICAL if not illegal. Never again Fraxis, never again....

I bought a physical copy, which is something steam can never offer (that printed tech tree!) so I don't mind too much. Still, it's weird they pull a stunt like this on release day for the majority of the world. Everyone who pre-ordered on steam should get the difference back.

You. Are. ****ing. Me.

That is bloody outrageous. I've never seen such a stupendously "**** you customers" move so quickly.

My mind is quite literally blown.

P.S. recommend writing a sternly worded comment to steam. It's what i'm gunna do, who knows, they may take off the difference?

Look at it this way, guys (and girls): the already got everyone who wanted it so bad they pre-ordered it, they already got everyone who couldn't take it once it was finally released and paid full price, and now they got everyone willing to get it for 33% off, and in the winter sale, they'll get everyone willing to get it at 66% off. Maybe they have a board meeting and have to show a profit sooner or later.

I was fortunate enough that I planned on waiting till it was at least $10 off, but in no way was I planning on waking up today and seeing it this cheap. A lot of my friends will be extremely angry, and rightfully so.

Sorry guys :(

Top Bottom