The Scenarios in Civ 4

Nyvin

Unseen Leader
So I don't have the game yet, just waiting a little while. But I'm curious as to the Scenario situation in the game. I heard there was four. Scenario's are always one of my favorite things about Civ games. Any feedback as to the Scenarios in Civ 4 and how good they are/aren't? Also a description of them could help too.

I have only played the American Revolution scenario. You can play as the American Colonies or Britain, and Spain and France are AIs. Britain and America fight it out for a while, and there are many triggers throughout the game that give each side additional units. Eventually Spain and France join America. I thought it was a pretty fun little scenario.

The other three are Desert War(WWII in the Mediterranean), Earth 1000 AD, and Ancient World, but I don't have any info on them.

I played the desert war scenario. I liked it. It is kind of an Axis v. Allies with individual civs. I used it as an introduction to locked alliances. I played as the Germans and won by rolling over the Allies with my panzers. The scenario is kind of like the Civ2 WW2 scenario. You have to capture objectives. You have to capture the objectives and hold them for a set number of turns to wi.

Attached screenshot is from the WW2 scenario, one turn before victory.

Edit: Can't figure out how to post screenshot, can some one tell me how. Thanks

Tried the American revolution one but I couldnt figure out how to beat it.
I sent dozens and dozens of units at Boston and just kept losing them all over and over . I finally quit.

Top Bottom