Open Borders for 50 Gold

I'll sell them for whatever the price. The only exception is a nearby Civ that I think might settle on land that I'm eyeing.

Not always backstabbers, but if they only give you 43 instead of 50 they have some reason to not like you so much. It might not be enough to show up as a negative diplo modifier yet, however. This the 13% discount but still friendly status, it also shows up as 261 gold for a sold lux instead of 300.

Usually when they're your neighbours and when you rarely have reasons to allow open borders.

I very rarely sell open borders since BNW. Early game it prevents the AI from settling behind me while mid/late game i don't want them to get the tourism boost.

I often to the opposite, buy their open borders. Early game for scouting NW/CSs and late game for my tourism boost.

Just to add to this groundbreaking discovery , you can sell an embassy for 25 gp or 1 gold per turn which in very early turns can be a huge boost as you will likely struggle for starting funds . Id use this mad hax if I was you !

Not always backstabbers, but if they only give you 43 instead of 50 they have some reason to not like you so much. It might not be enough to show up as a negative diplo modifier yet, however. This the 13% discount but still friendly status, it also shows up as 261 gold for a sold lux instead of 300.

Wait.... 300 for a sold lux? I thought it was 240...?

Throwing my hat into the "Never sell open borders to AI" crowd. Not because I feel its exploity, but because I hate the AI expanding into my space. By the time I have the ground covered well enough not to worry about it, I no longer care for the relatively small gold gain I'd get for allowing their units to march over my dirt. Screw 'em.

I tend to avoide selling open border to ai, no need to give them tourist bonuses so when idealogy come you instantly in red

Pre-tourism it's ok, and if it's a faraway civ who will never actually walk on your borders. But selling your open borders and then wondering why you're facing ideological pressure has got to be in my top 10 most boneheaded mistakes I've seen done in BNW.

selling your open borders and then wondering why you're facing ideological pressure has got to be in my top 10 most boneheaded mistakes I've seen done in BNW.

That and selling embassy for 1 gpt early in the game.

Reveal your capital to a potential friend and make him covet your lands instead. Totally worth 30g. :crazyeye:

Never!! I also do not sell my embassy for 1gpt or steal workers.

Anything thing that makes feel like a cheater, gets a house rule.

allways fun when people think ai plays as human do ..

bit like virgins ..

:lol:

This thread started on Vanilla. With BNW, tourism changed this option.

There was a thread about selling embassy for 1gpt or 30 gold. Same results, who fear war don't sell other yes.
A long time, I thought when you sell or exchange your open borders, AI don't DoW you. I was wrong.

I always sell embassies and open borders in first 100-150 turns. After, if I have low culture I stop.

To not sell embassies or open borders don't avoid DoW. DoW is more your difficult level than those and AI war score (leader base + modifier).

Top Bottom