Archipelago Tradition 3 City Opener Help

Carl5872

Prince
Does anyone know how to adapt the Tradition 3 city opener to Archipelago? I thought skip building a scout since it won't have much to explore.

Also I used naval trade routes to boost growth instead of land, but wanted to know if I'm being too protective with them. I basically want to have at least one tile revealed next to all areas of the trade route path from the capital to the recipient city. I do this by stationing galleys along the trade route. Do you feel this is too much? I often find I am losing money early on, and suspect is may be maintenance on the trade route lines.

Does anyone know how to adapt the Tradition 3 city opener to Archipelago? I thought skip building a scout since it won't have much to explore.

Also I used naval trade routes to boost growth instead of land, but wanted to know if I'm being too protective with them. I basically want to have at least one tile revealed next to all areas of the trade route path from the capital to the recipient city. I do this by stationing galleys along the trade route. Do you feel this is too much? I often find I am losing money early on, and suspect is may be maintenance on the trade route lines.

I love the Tradition 3 opening on Archipelago, played it a lot with Polynesia. Obviously, it's a very different game early on with Polynesia, as the first 4+ builds are scouts.

What I have done in my limited non-Polynesia Archipelago experience is build a monument or worker first, and aim towards a 2-city NC, with a trade route going to city #2, and then another one eventually coming back to the cap. And it SUCKS when they get pillaged, so while I wouldn't necessarily build protection for that route ahead of time, eventually you want a trireme or two around there.

But prioritize those cargo routes ... the early growth you get is pretty amazing, and you can afford to put all the workers in the cities on hills.

Top Bottom