Request - VideoLP with shot-by-shot commentary on combat

consentient

Domination!
Hey there warmongers!

I've searched the war academy and various YouTube channels, but have not found a videoLP or in-depth guide that explains the best ways to position troops, what to do with each unit during a war, etc.

Are there any expert players who have done this, or would be willing to?

I know there are lots of players who would learn a lot from this. I myself would be very grateful, we could even discuss a small financial contribution :) (yes, I love Civ 5 that much)

I think it would make a great addition to the War Academy to have a video that really shows the ins and outs of combat, with a thread on which people could discuss and contribute, too.

What y'all think?

The problem is that game is four years old and is somewhat dead ;) and most of good players who did LPs lost interest in it.

Secondly war in C5 is not based on position troops, etc. only on gaining technological advantage and attacking by advanced army (CBs,XBs, artillery,planes)

The problem is that game is four years old and is somewhat dead ;) and most of good players who did LPs lost interest in it.

Secondly war in C5 is not based on position troops, etc. only on gaining technological advantage and attacking by advanced army (CBs,XBs, artillery,planes)

Not true. Early wars are usually with same technology level on Deity. U can take 1-3 civs with CB and last of them will usually also have CB or even XP. AI doesnt battle very well and winning with earlier units is very possible

Not true. Early wars are usually with same technology level on Deity. U can take 1-3 civs with CB and last of them will usually also have CB or even XP. AI doesnt battle very well and winning with earlier units is very possible

Well, maybe I should expressed more precisely - war in C5 is not based on position troops, etc. only on gaining technological advantage and attacking by advanced army (artillery,planes) or prioritize archery techs (CBs,XBs)

Wars pre artillery are very geography based owing to line of sight restrictions. This means that archer/ composite bows/ crossbows need flat ground between themselves and the target, or be on a hill. Even that is scuppered if there is a jungle or forest hill in the way.

Best plan: army with majority of range units. Forget catapults and trebs. Tech to CBs early.

It's good to get rid of enemy army first before taking out cities.

Why not just keep replaying a battle and seeing what happens?

Life gets easier when artillery arrives. Three range and no line of sight probs. Get 3-4 and go have a ball!

Proly most things OP looks are too simple or to general for most deity players. My english isnt very good so I dont know exact word how to describe what I say. If you dont know any principles of troop position like AI who sends artillery on front line etc. Of course you have to position your troops right even with artillery rush. Well somebody who dont know what artillery rush is might just build artillery and position them next to city.....well it's not going to work. I recommend watching Let's play from moriarte those videos tell it much better

Top Bottom