Current Status + Future Updates

we ain't getting any younger

If you want it done faster, help.

People, please stop telling us to make this mod quicker and then contributing nothing. Those of us actually doing work on this project are working very hard. It gets a little annoying to have people who are not doing anything tell us to work faster.

We are doing what we can.

chill pal , the comment was tongue in cheek, it's just it's been my dream mod/scenario that's not delivered since i started palying Civ1 way back in the mists of time on a set of commodore amiga disks

keep up your good works , i can do stuff with worldbuilder , that's about it

Didn't mean to single you out, but I guess I did. We have heard that before.

The point is; the mod will be ready when it's ready. When it is done in a way we are happy with, people will be able to play it.

I'm marching through the technologies list and will keep everyone updated as I finish them. I think I have completed about 10-15 currently, though I'm doing some of the most difficult first (the ones I have the least interest in).

I'm marching through the technologies list and will keep everyone updated as I finish them. I think I have completed about 10-15 currently, though I'm doing some of the most difficult first (the ones I have the least interest in).

Great! Can't wait to see them. I like your strategy of getting the ones you're not interested in out of the way.

Just a note for modders; our tech tree is complete and functional, MasterOfDomain is doing civilopedia entries for all of them. Just so there is no confusion.

You'll probably learn some stuff doing these entries! I know I am a lot more familiar with world leaders after doing the pedia entries for them. I also know Joecoolyo has learned a lot of interesting facts doing research, and I'm sure sheep21 is about as knowledgeable in regards to world militaries as anyone outside the defense industry. :lol:

here's some usel info for whoever's doing unit placings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_(military))

there's pretty much every major nations armies listed , not sure how many units they need to use to represent a division though seeing as it's on giant earth map , the huge earth map could have perhaps used 1:1 to represent divisions

Thanks, we've got most of our military research finished.

There is one thing left to do in that regards, if you'd like to help on that, you could do this.

(also please let's keep this thread for status updates, try to post in a more relevant thread if possible)

First post in this thread updated, as well as the Team post (#3). Thanks NikNaks.

Also, is there anything else that I could do to help?

Feel like learning XML? It is fairly easy.

Research is about done thanks to you guys, but there is still lots of XML work to do before the mod is finished.

Great!

Here is the Tutorials forum.

If you want to start by working on the unique units, here are some guides specifically related to adding units to the game:

Here.
and here.

Important info Here. (this will probably not make sense now, but bookmark it for future reference)

Big things to remember include; it's simple enough, but making sure every tag is perfect is CRITICAL. Having one tag look like <TEXT>info</text> will cause NOTHING to work. The idea is just to copy a similar entry, and make the modifications you have to make.

I can help you get started (get you the files, answer questions, etc) tomorrow or some time next week if you'd like a hand. PM me if you want to get on yahoo IM with us.

This goes for any of you guys. :)

I read through three different tutorials on how to make units, but none of them told me how to make these units UUs. Also, I could only find out how to change a unit's name, strength, class, and artwork; but I can't change the units abilities, movement, and cost. Also, none of the tutorials told me whether or not I can mod for BTS, when I have Vanilla or whether moding on a mac is different than on a PC. Can you help me?

Edit: Also, what extra files would I need to do the moding?

I read through three different tutorials on how to make units, but none of them told me how to make these units UUs. Also, I could only find out how to change a unit's name, strength, class, and artwork; but I can't change the units abilities, movement, and cost. Also, none of the tutorials told me whether or not I can mod for BTS, when I have Vanilla or whether moding on a mac is different than on a PC. Can you help me?

Edit: Also, what extra files would I need to do the moding?

Here is a program that helps with the XML: Notepad++ When I have time I'll post a tutorial on how to do that stuff. Give me one to four days (Maybe four because I'm going out of town for a day and a half).

hey sandman730, do you use yahoo IM? I can answer all these questions for you no problem.

First things first, for the mac, it looks like this program is your best best: jedit.

I would really recommend downloading it. I'm sure your mac is powerful enough that you can just open any of these files in text edit, but it doesn't count lines, so you will be totally lost debugging.

@sandman730: I just sent you a PM.

Top Bottom