Spaceships and Capitols

When a capital is captured, another city (highest pop?) is given an instant palace and becomes the new capital. The original capital is the only one that counts for Domination Victory, but otherwise the new capital has the powers of the old one.

When a capital is captured, another city (highest pop?) is given an instant palace and becomes the new capital. The original capital is the only one that counts for Domination Victory, but otherwise the new capital has the powers of the old one.

Oh my god! When did this happen? Since time and memorial in Civ the way to stop an enemy space launch was to sack their capitol. Is this change new to BNW or has it been this way since vanilla Civ 5? (I guess I haven't found myself behind in the spacerace much lately if I haven't noticed.)

Oh my god! When did this happen? Since time and memorial in Civ the way to stop an enemy space launch was to sack their capitol. Is this change new to BNW or has it been this way since vanilla Civ 5? (I guess I haven't found myself behind in the spacerace much lately if I haven't noticed.)

...time immemorial

Sorry... couldn't help myself

Capturing a capital doesn't count for a space victory. Capturing a capital counts for a domination victory.

It's been that way since CD release of Vanilla Civ V. Yes; in Civ IV and all previous versions, capturing the capital would destroy the space ship parts. And even destroy a ship that had been launched that was on its way to AC.

Top Bottom