the game leader fears me in fourth place?

clif9710

Warlord
I've read over several threads about why a civ will be afraid. Some say it depends on nukes, some say only Pacal is prone to be afraid, some say you have to be far ahead militarily.

None of these are true of my current situation. I am playing as Pacal and am in fourth place with Hiawatha way out in front in every category as he takes over the world.

I have a poor army, much reduced in fighting William to a draw, and I sit in fourth place. My best category is population where I am third.

Yet, Hiawatha, the mighty, is afraid of me and has remained afraid of me over many, many turns even as he loads carriers with bombers while I have only frigates.

I...just...don't...get it!

Well it's probably your headress & face-paint, Pacal is a scary dude.

Nukes are indeed a high factor

but having more technological units is olso a big factor.
The more military the more they fear you.

However usally the AI fears you because they are allready at war or have a lot of enemies and don't want you to gang up with them.

Perhaps Hiawatha's military is also depleted to an even greater extent. I've found that being afraid is usually the result of significant difference in military size combined with personality bias towards being afraid.

The AIs get afraid when they see you have a lot of power and superior technology. Getting nukes also scares the AIs. AIs can scare you back and inform you that they're armed with nukes and become hostile.

The AIs get afraid when they see you have a lot of power and superior technology. Getting nukes also scares the AIs. AIs can scare you back and inform you that they're armed with nukes and become hostile.

Or because everony hates them and they don't want you to hate them or just lost a city to a AI and don't want a second war

I seen it happen a lot

...However usually the AI fears you because they are already at war or have a lot of enemies and don't want you to gang up with them.

I think that's the reason in this case, Hiawatha was at war with several other civs and must have wanted me, weakling though I was, to not join the gang.

Mr. Morocco was afraid of me and friendly. What started it was I landed on the continent he and the Shoshone where on and started settling and annexing the Shoshone cities. I also had a large modern army.

Top Bottom