Darius Achievement

Ashmantious

Chieftain
So I trying to get the achievment for Darius to start 5 Golden ages in one game. I started at least 3 (maybe four) by having enough excess happiness, one really long one (40+ turns) for nabbing the Taj Mahal and at least 4 from Great people, I one the game, didn't get the achievement. Do you have to get 5 straight from happiness?

Would be nice if they mentioned that. Had 4 by happiness and just kept using great people, could have easily gotten another from happiness, but won the game instead.

Would be nice if they mentioned that. Had 4 by happiness and just kept using great people, could have easily gotten another from happiness, but won the game instead.

I beleive (and by that I mean I see no reason why not) that you can earn achievements after winning a game through the "just one more turn option"

I beleive (and by that I mean I see no reason why not) that you can earn achievements after winning a game through the "just one more turn option"

yeah you just have to hang in there and ride it out can be boring to hold off a win just to get the achivement.

Hate to reopen a possibly dead thread; but AAARGH! Big thumbs down for the achievement wording not specifying that.

I just started my 7th GA as Darius and have wasted multiple Great People trying to get the achievement and was searching for explations. If anything the great person induced GAs has slowed it down since the happiness count STOPS INCREASING during all GA's including the non happiness ones.

Yes, you need 5 from the happy bucket to trigger the achievement. GAs started by wonders or GPs don't seem to count.

Hate to reopen a possibly dead thread; but AAARGH! Big thumbs down for the achievement wording not specifying that.

I just started my 7th GA as Darius and have wasted multiple Great People trying to get the achievement and was searching for explations. If anything the great person induced GAs has slowed it down since the happiness count STOPS INCREASING during all GA's including the non happiness ones.

Even harder if you get Chichen Itza since you spend so much time in each golden age that it becomes infeasible to get enough GAs from happiness alone in any one game unless you intentionally avoid burning great people, getting the Taj Mahal, or any of the other means of getting free GAs.

Just to confirm though: you can definitely earn this in extra time, since that's how I got it.

Perhaps I was fortunate that the AI beat me out to Chichen Itza (by 2 turns) & Taj Mahal (by aprox 10 turns I was about to start the build when I got that announcement)

I think I've had 3 happy induced ones so far Industrial era. 1 GA is the Piety one. Others are 1 G Sci, 1 G Art [about to reload to right before I burned the 2nd G Art, no time has gone by.]

Guess I could simply delay building the structure you need following getting the 5th cultural item as well if I wanted to reduce the extra time.

Even harder if you get Chichen Itza since you spend so much time in each golden age that it becomes infeasible to get enough GAs from happiness alone in any one game unless you intentionally avoid burning great people, getting the Taj Mahal, or any of the other means of getting free GAs.

Just to confirm though: you can definitely earn this in extra time, since that's how I got it.

I've heard people say this achievement encourages you to play less optimally with Persia. It might be better to just to get the achievement, rather than a real game (probably a quick game, legendary start, and just focus on GAs).

Yeah, I think I have that achievement, and yes it has to be from happiness, not great people.

I played a quick game as Persia. Focused exclusively on happiness. Only played for the achievement, for which I'm glad, because it ended up being a brutal battle for my life. Long story short, I got the achievement, but I was down to one city by the time it happened.

I founded one city in the perfect defensive position. And by defensive position, I meant it was impossible to retake once I lost it. When I wanted to retake it, I found the city had one land tile (a forested hill), lots of mountains to block the rest of the path, and a river between the city and tile my units would attack from. I definitely should have planned that one better.

I was looking through all my achievements, and realized I had that one already hehe (From Archaemennid to Safavid), pretty early on too, back in november. I bought the game in september. Hard to believe it's been nearly a year since the game came out, whew! :D

Ya, achievement wording is really ambiguous at times and it drives me nuts because I'll think that I've just achieved an easy one but it turns out there is some special condition that I didn't know about that I didn't meet.

I had 5 once... but as Persia. You have to start early, if you can't get your first GA by turn 50, you waited too late. Jump on those policies and start milk those cultural buildings until you get them. And FFS... specialize. Hop on Tradition/Religion/Order and work from there. It IS possible. Even I did it unintentionally.

Edit: That achievement dosen't benefit warmongers, so if you REX until you get just below 0 in happiness, just enough for your buildings to break even, you won't get it. I'm talking 1-2 cities, folks. Don't be land greedy.

best strategy for this is to OCC, grab monarchy, and build all happiness buildings. don't get any other golden ages through policies, great people, or wonders. The happiness doesn't accumulate during a golden age so you want to minimize the time you spend in golden age (likewise building chitchen itza and/or completing freedom will slow you down). On easy difficulty levels it's a breeze.

best strategy for this is to OCC, grab monarchy, and build all happiness buildings. don't get any other golden ages through policies, great people, or wonders. The happiness doesn't accumulate during a golden age so you want to minimize the time you spend in golden age (likewise building chitchen itza and/or completing freedom will slow you down). On easy difficulty levels it's a breeze.

Yes you are right, however I needed to disable gods and kings and all the other downloadable content in order to achieve it. :king:

Top Bottom