Tiny Islands not so tiny

copperred

Chieftain
I've played a few games lately with tiny islands, and they're just not tiny any more. I recall that they used to be a few hexes in size, maybe 7 at the most but now it looks like I picked some blend of fractals and large islands. Did something change (playing BMW and have scrambled maps but selected the standard tiny maps) or did I pick the wrong map? I'm playing on large and huge.
TIA

Maybe it was just he luck of the map generation? I've once had a "small continents" game make a map with 2 continents, 1 civ started alone on 1, and the other 9 players all started on the other "small" continent.

I opened Tiny Islands in all the different map sizes a few times on Worldbuilder, they all seem to be tiny. Most islands are under 5 hexes. Maybe check your advanced settings to see if you put the sea level low?

RNG. Sometimes it gives bigger islands than normal and other times even smaller than normal.

I opened Tiny Islands in all the different map sizes a few times on Worldbuilder, they all seem to be tiny. Most islands are under 5 hexes. Maybe check your advanced settings to see if you put the sea level low?

Double checked, the sea level is normal. This game (now that I've explored most of it) has some small islands but still quite a few large ones, with civs on them.

I was always disappointed that archipelago also creates larger islands than I really want.

Top Bottom