this ever happened to you?

guven

Chieftain
So I'm playing with the chinese. discovered Machinery and started war mongering. Took 4 cities of Ottomans and the 4th city I've conquered -Ankara- automatically annexed. I was like what the hell? What do you think it is? a bug or am I missing sth? sorry I'm not familiar with abbreviations.

Did you save the game before you conquered the city? If you go back to the nearest autosave before the taking the city turn and re-conquer the city again, the city shouldn't automatically re-annex. If it does, then it is a bug.

Was Ankara captured by China first? If so, maybe you misclicked "Puppet" for "Annex" since first button turns into "Liberate" (on top), second Annex and last Puppet.

that happen to me few times.

I had that a similar issue some time ago, too.

While playing, the game decided at some point to automaticly annex cities I conquered. I didn't even get the window where I can choose what to do.
I quit the game and reloaded a previous autosave and everything worked fine again.

I guess it's a bug. Sadly I don't have the save anymore to submit as a bugreport.

it happens to me some times to. tought it was one of my mods but maybee its a bug in the game.

I think it's a bug. Happened sometimes. The city is automatically annexed, but few turns later, the propositions screen (with annex, raze, puppet, etc) appears and everything is fine.

Was Ankara captured by China first? If so, maybe you misclicked "Puppet" for "Annex" since first button turns into "Liberate" (on top), second Annex and last Puppet.

that happen to me few times.

Yes, I have captured it as China. It didn't give any option to annex/puppet/raze. Just annexed it automatically. I think it's a bug then. I was constructing circus maximus, and that stopped as Ankara didn't have a collesseum. I haven't tried to load it, I will when I have time. Hopefully it solves it. additionally, it wasn't a mod or sth, it was plain default standard pangaea. Thanks for the answers

okay, I had the time just now. Loaded an autosave, problem solved

I believe there is a slight issue with how the game tends to handle "pop" ups, and often they are simply ignored.

For example, no matter how many times I play the Into the Renaissance Scenario (even today with BNW instlaled) I enver get a pop-up that tells me that i met a City State. So it's an occassional bug, I do recall there being a way to call out missed out pop-ups but I don't know it.

I know this was an issue a long time ago in the G&K Fall Patch from 2012 but I have not seen it happen since. Perhaps it was reintroduced on a smaller scale somehow? You may want to post a bug report with your save.

I know this was an issue a long time ago in the G&K Fall Patch from 2012 but I have not seen it happen since. Perhaps it was reintroduced on a smaller scale somehow? You may want to post a bug report with your save.

If you are referring to me, this only happens the first time the scenario is initiated, I think it automatically fixes itself when you load the game.

Top Bottom