How do I connect my borders?

Towerbooks3192

Chieftain
Played as Shaka and I just completed the tradition tree and working on commerce social policy. I was wondering how I could connect my borders since I never set up a city since I just conquered them from 2 other civs. Unfortunately there are a few city states in between and there are no areas that are suitable for cities just to connect my borders.

There's no real benefit to "connecting borders" and no need to do so for gameplay reasons.

But if you really wanted to, conquer those city states. Then, you can go into each city and click on "Buy Tile". Do that multiple times, and you should have one big, connected empire.

The only real game benefit of "connected borders" is that you get vision into that pathway to see barbarians if you have a caravan/worker/road going from one city to the next that you don't want captured/pillaged. So just station a couple military units on the path (if that is your worry)

good luck- hopefully AI's won't ally with those CS's to ruin your borders. Or worse, Austria coming in and annexing the CS.

good luck- hopefully AI's won't ally with those CS's to ruin your borders. Or worse, Austria coming in and annexing the CS.

Already killed Austria. I sort of want to keep the CS due to the trade bonus and I would run in to a deficit if I will just conquer them and would have so much unhappiness within my empire. I haven't met 2 more civs since I haven't had any caravels yet but I basically owned my continent. I just hate barbs spawning and AI that might be trolling me and plopping up a city on those distances between my borders. I may be able to purchase a tile or two to sort of connect some of them but I really have to conquer those city states in order to really connect them since I am aiming for a total connection of my borders.

but I really have to conquer those city states in order to really connect them since I am aiming for a total connection of my borders.
Well, there you go.

The alternative is to not settle on the other side of city states in the first place. ;)

Top Bottom