Pandectual Garland of SteamPunk Graphics

Wow, I scrolled down and they just kept coming! :eek: :drool:
Not done yet...
As for your question, it would be nice if you uploaded them. Although, I'm interested in what you got cooked up for these explanatory notes you mention of.
Basically:
  • a master list of how they're organized within the zip (will get included for sure)
  • commentary on some of the images
  • explanations of some of the more obscure names
  • suggestions for buildings, units, etc for some of the techs
  • brief notes towards possible tech tree branches
  • notes on wonder effects & why they're associated with certain techs

Two days I waited for you to finish uploading, and I was well rewarded! These are gorgeous. It really could be the best set of tech icons ever made. I eagerly await the explanatory notes. Here's my first question: are the wonder splashes also available in wide format?
Thanks, and thanks for your interfaces that helped make the previews so spiffy. I didn't make the wonders in wide format because most of the original images were squarish already. If there's a specific one you would like, let me know.

Beautiful and I love the way you presented them. Think I need to now go away and revamp the tech trees for the mod now.

Beautiful and I love the way you presented them. Think I need to now go away and revamp the tech trees for the mod now.
I've been waiting for your comment - you & Hikaro are the ones who inspired me. Revamp, but don't go away so long this time. ;)

Wow! That's a lot of techs! Truly a mammoth task ahead of you guys! As a side note, your entry on Cloudbusting in the notes say that the picture is a real prototype of a dirigible buster, but I though I remembered it as being something else....so I wikipedia-ed it! Turns out, I saw that pic in a WWII encyclopedia of mine. Check it out here. It's actually a primitive sonar/radar contraption. Still quite SP if you ask me, though.
This might help pinktilapia, who on post #7 of the SP Scenario thread wanted to know how tubas can take down blimps...
Not trying to nitpick...still makes sense as a Cloudbuster....just trying to help!

Thanks, Deth McBones. You're right about the image source; my description was misleading. I posted the end of the train of thought rather than the beginning: a detection system is part of an AA weapons system -> dirigibles & zeppelins feature prominently in most SP aerial warfare portrayals I've seen -> "cloudbusting" just seemed to fit the visual look. On the gripping hand, there's all the current discussion & prototyping of non-lethal weapons systems including sonics. An SP equivalent with this sort of look, especially given Tesla's research involving the destructive powers of harmonic vibration, is easy to imagine.

Yeah, I was just trying to explain why there would be giant tubas in the real world, and it was used in conjunction with modern AA guns...the more I think about it the more I want a giant war-tuba myself...:crazyeye:

A new version of the set has been uploaded. It now includes the design notes & tech tree / unit suggestions. To ease the pain of having to DL again such an extensive package an additional wonder & 2 new techs (located in the Devices & Flight folders) are included.

Fabulous attention to detail and beautifully presented. I'm going to have to make some wild unit requests after digesting all this lot.

...and downloading again didn't hurt one bit :)

Top Bottom