They need to make a third expansion

Alexey86

Chieftain
I am 100% for it. Civ6 will not be around for 2 years I think. The spin-off game will be interesting with cool sounding features, futuristic feel and names, but I dont think will have enough strategy depth. After they finished C-BE and start working on Civ6, they should release a third expansion for Civ5 to keep us busy.

It needs 7-9 new civs, 2 new gameplay mechanics, maybe 1 new victory condition, a slight higher tech tree(maybe a new era somewhere), and more of the same : wonders, natural wonders, units, buildings, diplomacy options etc. Work again on balance, reduce early war penaltys with AI and improve late game feel once again. Bassically something like BNW was after G&K. I would take an even lesser expansion content, just bring more and new things before Civ6.

They could be afraid to make Civ5 even more great, then it actually is already and when Civ6 vanilla arives it will make it look bad once again and out of depth.

Don't count on it.

I'm gonna geuss the entire team is/has been working on Beyond Earth.

Spoiler :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKh6XxYbbIc
Why do my youtube links don't work, but the ones posted in CivBE thread by mods work fine?

At this point Civ5 already feels complete. It may need a patch or two for balancing purposes, but there is no need for adding brand new content and especially mechanics - especially if Civ6 is only 2 years away.

Don't count on it.

I'm gonna geuss the entire team is/has been working on Beyond Earth.

The third expansion would be like 10% of the work they have done for BE. In those screen-shots even the graphics look different a bit.

Thats the point, I belive the work wont be much but the feed-back will be great. 2 new gameplay mechanics(means a lot), few more civs, few more techs and diplo and maybe a new vic condition will make Civ5 fresh again and rolling.

Spoiler :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKh6XxYbbIc
Why do my youtube links don't work, but the ones posted in CivBE thread by mods work fine?

At this point Civ5 already feels complete. It may need a patch or two for balancing purposes, but there is no need for adding brand new content and especially mechanics - especially if Civ6 is only 2 years away.

2 years is a lot and Civ 5 BNW is already been played to death. 2 new gameplay mechanics will help keep the comunity busy till Civ6.

Vanilla was a great game, but with archers/cbs able to dominate the game the way they do now, it is an injustice to the whole integrity of the game! Never mind another easy expansion, how about making the game more realistic so that Deity becomes Deity once more?

2 years is a lot and Civ 5 BNW is already been played to death. 2 new gameplay mechanics will help keep the comunity busy till Civ6.

Which is why we're getting a completely new game for the time being! Silly people not understanding that they prefer to milk us 49.99 for a new game instead of 29.99.. not that I'm saying it's bad I'm totally purchasing Beyond Earth!

Which is why we're getting a completely new game for the time being! Silly people not understanding that they prefer to milk us 49.99 for a new game instead of 29.99.. not that I'm saying it's bad I'm totally purchasing Beyond Earth!

The new game is nice, still a new game though and will not have many complex features. I would take another expansion instead of Beyond Earth, but thats just me.

Vanilla was a great game, but with archers/cbs able to dominate the game the way they do now, it is an injustice to the whole integrity of the game! Never mind another easy expansion, how about making the game more realistic so that Deity becomes Deity once more?

Wait, are you seriously saying VANILLA was great? That crap was more broken then Daikatana was...

If civ 6 really is coming next i will feel ripped off, civ 5 has way less major expansions than civ 4 and civ 6 probably won't have half the stuff civ 5 has.

I don't think that if we get another expansion for Civ 5. There is BE and after that -I hope- we will get Civ 6.

Time to move on to the next game. The things wrong with Civ 5 are so entrenched in the game that making a new game is easier then fixing the old one...

Wait, are you seriously saying VANILLA was great? That crap was more broken then Daikatana was...

Daikatana? What does this mean, do I detect a touch of devilment?

We can all build 3 or 4 archers along with a couple of warriors acting as cannon fodder and go conquering, when we move on to conquer the next Civ we now have the same army but stronger. At least with Vanilla we would loose some of our army whilst in the process of conquering!

We can all build 3 or 4 archers along with a couple of warriors acting as cannon fodder and go conquering, when we move on to conquer the next Civ we now have the same army but stronger. At least with Vanilla we would loose some of our army whilst in the process of conquering!

Civ 5 vanilla = Horsemen of Apocalypse and Main battle tanks in ancient era in a nutshell. :lol:

how about making the game more realistic so that Deity becomes Deity once more?
While it must be frustrating to the, uh, 0.1% of the playerbase that finds deity boring, I must point out that the amount of people who actually completed deity scenarios etc is very small. In terms of game design, I think deity is truly difficult: at least that is what the steam statistics show. This forum is selectively biased towards deity players for obvious reasons.

I am not moaning about BeyondEarth but I, too, would like a third expansion of Civ5 because BeyondEarth is, well, not Civ5. Yes BNW basically completed the game in terms of feature depth but at the very least a major patch addressing especially late-game mechanics such as culture flipping would be very nice. BNW implemented lots of things that work okayish, but they could really give it a polish.

Do you remember the days when everyone flamed Civ 5 and said it was dumbed down?

It still is. But hey, it's a great game if you're into really slow gaming. No wait, it isn't... :mischief:

In Vanilla I NEVER lost a single unit except when it was to an unlucky dice roll, which isn't exactly my idea of fun. The AI in it was horrible, horses dominated the battlefield and if you didn't have horses you were SOL. That's not even mentioning the horribly unbalanced civs we got (China was so OP it wasn't funny, the Ottomans were so piss-poor it wasn't even funny), the hilariously bad tech tree, and I can go on and on. G&K and BNW both fixed that. Warmongering suffered a bit, but Civ isnt a wargame. It's a 4X game.

If civ 6 really is coming next i will feel ripped off, civ 5 has way less major expansions than civ 4 and civ 6 probably won't have half the stuff civ 5 has.

Uhm, what? Civ 5 had 2 major expansions exactly like Civ 4...as well as extra DLC that Civ 4 didn't have? Not to mention the far higher amount of civs?

Top Bottom