Should there be a NES Notice Board?

• Yes, have just one stickied 'Notice Board' thread

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No, leave it the old way

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

Reno

The Studio Ghibli Fanatic
Since there's currently very little activity here, and no-one can bite my head off for this, i'll make a little suggestion. ;)

It concern's the sticky threads.

The NES Forum currently has what? 8 or 9 sticky threads? What about doing like it is done in the OT Forum and making a notice board thread.

Meaning that all of the threads currently stickied would be linked to the first post of the Notice Board thread, and the other threads are unstickied leaving only the notice board. It would less the clutter and allow more threads to be viewed per page.

But what do you people think?

I can see this as being a good thing

It'd be better if there were even more NESes and some active ones were getting buried, but I'd be down with it, why don't you set it up Reno?

Metaliturtle said:

It'd be better if there were even more NESes and some active ones were getting buried, but I'd be down with it, why don't you set it up Reno?

I'll wait for some more NES'er imput on the matter, and i'll have to go for a while. And i won't be back until in about an hour. :)

Metaliturtle said:

Having gotten used to the current set up the change will psychologically disturb the older NES'ers making them senile. And the last thing we need is more injured/senile NES'ers as it seems half the mods are getting knocked off. Thus I oppose this.

I'm a psychology major, if anything, making stuff much simpler will serve only to make older NES'ers more efficient, and thus better for the NESes overall. If anything it's whippersnappers like you that will be disadvantaged.

As I seem fated to contradict silver in threads started by Reno...

Good idea! ;)

No.No real reason to do so.It's just pestering the admins.

leave it the way it is

We mods prefer having less clutter. A lot of sticky threads is clutter.

It would be very easy for me to unstick the 10 threads we currently have stickied, and have just one like in the OT forum.

However, I don't care one way or the other. Y'all let me know what you want to do, and I'll get it done.

I also want less clutter and less conservatism.

Its a lot less to click on if we have these stickied threads but when we have to go to a notice board thread and then click on lkinks to get to where we want its more work to do, harder to find stuff, and people may suffer repetitive stress injuires. Besides we're used to the current system no need to change it when it is not nessecary.

Edit: Is anyone else distubed by the amount of moderator activity in the NES forum of late?

I may be new but I support this.It's bad when you can't unstickied threads because of all the stickied ones.

Top Bottom