Exactly how do I expand my territory??

Time to get into multiplayer games, methinks.. which has always been problematic for me due to the length of games and difficulty in coordinating.

I'm playing on, like, Monarch already. Yes, I realize I need to go higher, but when I do so much else of the game changes and I get raep't by Barbarians and whatnot. It's really the discrepancy between me and the AI that annoys me the most.
I play on the Immortal/Deity level and it's already hard most games to stay competitive techwise - although that's really dependent on the overall geographical and civ positions: a large landmass with a five or six warmongering civs changes one's ability to prioritize certain techs and buildings while still defending one's self. So a change making it harder for the humans at Monarchy level would, I believe, make it even worse for the human at the higher levels. The simplest thing would really be just to change one's level from Monarchy to the next as suggested.

Though I'd really wish we eventually get adjustable strength AIs that aren't adjusted by bonuses/freebies but by the strengths of their computational algorithms. That is, a Monarch level AI employs simpler algorithms than an Immortal algorithm but neither AI is given bonuses. Ahhh, the 2088 version of Civ will be adjustable; if we humans survive to play it.

Top Bottom