Node bonuses...

citizenalex

Chieftain
I know having two sources of one mana will give my adepts a free spell promo for lvl 1, but what are the advantages of having more than two? I know there's units that will be boosted in strengh based on the amount of a certain node, but does having 3 nature give me a free lvl 2 spell?

I know having two sources of one mana will give my adepts a free spell promo for lvl 1, but what are the advantages of having more than two? I know there's units that will be boosted in strengh based on the amount of a certain node, but does having 3 nature give me a free lvl 2 spell?

Yes, having 3 nature mana sources will give your mages lvl 2 nature for free.
Likewise, having 4 nature mana sources will give your archmages level 3 nature for free.

Some other types of mana have passive bonuses which are increased based on the amount you control.

Also, units with Affinity for a certain type of mana will get increased power for each mana of that type you have. Druids, for example, have Affinity +1 for Nature mana, so, while their base strength is 8 (IIRC), they will get an extra point of strength for each Nature mana you control. A few units, including Chalid, Yvain and the Sun III summon (Aurealis) have Affinity +2, making their respective mana types (Sun, Nature and Sun) particularly useful for boosting their strength.

Oh yes, another reason people hoard sun mana with Empy and nature mana with FoL, is that you can practically build a one man army with Chalid and Yvain. Let's say that you are a Malakim and founded the Empurean. Then, you build its holy shrine and by the grace of Lugus, founded a city next to mirror of heavens. Then you build 2 more sun nodes. This means hour Chalid will have +10 strength. After that, if you get combat 5 promo to him, it doubles his strength and what you have is a 40 strength monster

I've just gotten to save myself a whopper of a headache XPing my mages with that rod of winds. There's not enough of these items, I think.

Yvain: I hadn't realized why he was a tough old bark when he was on our team - I had five nature mana sources. I just thought he was naturally the toughest treant-like creature around and it went with the territory.

Top Bottom