Back to the Virtual Shipyard

vingrjoe

Landlocked Shipwright
Well, after a long break from the virtual shipyard, I thought I'd come back and make a new warship for Civ3.

Here's a closeup of the superstructure. First person to correctly identify this ship I am modelling gets a...uh..well nothing. You may be esteemed as a naval scholar here, but probably not.

USS Albany

You are correct sir.

Welcome back!
The high deck of this class looks really unique... Will you do a "what if" version with Polaris rockets on the mid-deck?

That´s great news vingrjoe. :):goodjob:

Hey guys,

The day I posted previews was the last day I worked on it.

Holy smokes, I just realized that was over a month and a half ago ! Where the heck does time go ? I kinda figured that would happen when I posted it. I get everyone excited then have to put it off. Believe me, things get busy around here with working opposite shifts of the wife and raising two little ones.

When things hopefully slow down a little with winter coming, I will have some more time to finish this.

Sorry for the delay guys.

After much delay and other preoccupations beckoning my time, I've finished modelling the Albany. I did not get it exactly how I wanted due to using some very poor blueprints. These ships received quite a few modifications through their lives as CAGs. So, I choose to go with the Albany's configuration when she was recomissioned as a CAG. Now to work I go on the animations.

Top Bottom